What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Received a nice little oddity from BH. Thanks bro!

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

What's it like, mate? Song titles seem to range for brutal anger to possible christian influence to love balladry. Looks interesting.

I just recieved a CD in the mail today....

- Nova Rex - "Greatest Hits: Then & Now"

My name is also included in the booklet under the "Thanks" section!! I want to thank Kenny for including me in there, it's really cool and I am honored.

Check 'em out on Myspace;

www.myspace.com/novarexxxx

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

What's it like, mate? Song titles seem to range for brutal anger to possible christian influence to love balladry. Looks interesting.

Giuff, you would enjoy this band, kind of like a Riverdogs kinda thing, maybe a little harder edged, but yes there are some slower tunes.

The cover throws you, makes them look thrash or death metal, but far from it, great harmonies and some really impressive musicianship.

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Giuff, you would enjoy this band, kind of like a Riverdogs kinda thing, maybe a little harder edged, but yes there are some slower tunes.

The cover throws you, makes them look thrash or death metal, but far from it, great harmonies and some really impressive musicianship.

Yeah, I'd love to hear it. Can I have it?

Went to a record fair and came out with:

CDs:

Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight

The Cult - Sonic Temple

Dirty Looks - Turn Of The Screw

Kilswitch - Uppercut

Kiss My Ass - Tribute To Kiss

Mantissa - Mossy God

John Norum - Face The Truth

Pearls & Swine - Eat This (EP)

Pearls & Swine - The Far King Great Album

Push Push - A Trillion Shades Of Happy

Tesla - The Great Radio Controversy

Warrant - Dog Eat Dog

And on record:

Great White - Recovery: Live!

Nice little shopping trip there mate and nice and cheap :headbanger:

Quade - Heavens Break

Avion - White Noise

Bricklin - s/t

A long-time low priority want of mine... and really one of my favourite guilty pleasures finally taken care of:

Son of Dork - 'Welcome to loserville' ; childlike at times, but hooks and melodies to sit alongside the mighty SR-71 at times.

Death And Progress-Diamond Head,thank's alot to Rocktrade(Cheers Mark)

Progessions Of Power-Triumph

Down Fall The Good Guys-Wolfsbane jap press(both of these thank's alot Sax).Have been hunting this down for awhile so i am a very happy little camper :banana:

A long-time low priority want of mine... and really one of my favourite guilty pleasures finally taken care of:

Son of Dork - 'Welcome to loserville' ; childlike at times, but hooks and melodies to sit alongside the mighty SR-71 at times.

:yikes:

WTF!!.........my life would have been just fine without knowing there's a band called Son of Dork ... :rolleyes:

WTF!!.........my life would have been just fine without knowing there's a band called Son of Dork ... :rolleyes:

It's not the name you have to worry about!

It's not the name you have to worry about!

Seriously guys, I hate to admit it as much as the next guy, but it is an extremely catchy pop rock disc with deliciously excellent hooks all over the place. Seriously Jez, if you have it a go I'd be surprised if you didn't prefer it to those other guys you made a thread of this year. As for the name - no doubt it's awful and part of why it's a guilty pleasure for me. Apparently it's some movie reference.

Two new additions:

Venture - 'The Prisoner'

Madhouse - 'Everything kills'

Very good couple of days...yea for me!

Temple Of Brutality-Lethal Agenda

I.R.S.-Wings Of Gold

Something Wild-Soundtrack

Faces East-Where I'm At

Infusion-Surreal (x2, one for me and one for James)

Fatal Smile-Neo Natural Freaks (Band Signed)

Ram-Love Everyone

Fuzon-Saagar

Pro~Fe~Cia-Hechos De Metal

Touch-OSTS David Grohl

Birdy-OSTS Peter Gabriel

Dokken-Lightning Strikes

Freeway-S/T

Brand New Sin-S/T

Reckless Abandon-S/T

Eazy~E-It's On (Dr. Dre) 187 Um Killa

The Passion Of The Christ-OSTS John Debney

Bon Jovi-Have A Nice Day

Paisley Brain Cells-Brain Storming

Soul's Gate-The End Of The Beginning

Sock Monkee-Intro

Petra-God Fixation

Jasper Wrath - s/t

Nick,, which release did you get? The original or the band issued cdr?

Hiya bud, it's been released on a label called Flawed Gems - I haven't had time to check it out properly sound wise but it sounds like it might be sourced from the vinyl (huh...a vinyl rip to supplement my vinyl version...nuts!). It sounds pretty good quality wise what bits I've skipped through and the sleeve notes say something along the lines of "carefully remastered", on the rear sleeve it also says manufactured in Sweden and that the original vinyl came out in 1971. It's not a CDR but the consensus over at Glory Daze is that it could very well be an unauthorised version, especially since it lists on the rear sleeve of the CD tray a record label website that doesn't seem to exist - they are selling it at Amazon e.t.c. which confuses the matter more. I can't find mention of it on the Jasper Wrath myspace site...which may not be a good sign though.

I also have the double CD anthology but it's a CDR from the Cannata website... missed out on the original.

Hmm interesting and thanks for the information. James sent me the band released cdr version after he scored an original. From what I gather, as you mentioned there was the vynil then in 96 a independently released silver pressed cd (OOP), then the guitarist (?) limited releases a cdr version...

BTW: there is an original at a shop here in Seattle that they are asking a cool $20.00 for... should I get it?

Jasper Wrath - s/t

Nick,, which release did you get? The original or the band issued cdr?

Hiya bud, it's been released on a label called Flawed Gems - I haven't had time to check it out properly sound wise but it sounds like it might be sourced from the vinyl (huh...a vinyl rip to supplement my vinyl version...nuts!). It sounds pretty good quality wise what bits I've skipped through and the sleeve notes say something along the lines of "carefully remastered", on the rear sleeve it also says manufactured in Sweden and that the original vinyl came out in 1971. It's not a CDR but the consensus over at Glory Daze is that it could very well be an unauthorised version, especially since it lists on the rear sleeve of the CD tray a record label website that doesn't seem to exist - they are selling it at Amazon e.t.c. which confuses the matter more. I can't find mention of it on the Jasper Wrath myspace site...which may not be a good sign though.

I also have the double CD anthology but it's a CDR from the Cannata website... missed out on the original.

Hmm interesting and thanks for the information. James sent me the band released cdr version after he scored an original. From what I gather, as you mentioned there was the vynil then in 96 a independently released silver pressed cd (OOP), then the guitarist (?) limited releases a cdr version...

BTW: there is an original at a shop here in Seattle that they are asking a cool $20.00 for... should I get it?

Of the double CD anthology....yeah!...and send it to me hahaha!