What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Traded some stuff i didn't want anymore at a s/h cd store...

The Store had some cds by a band called White Heart, seem to be a Christian hard rock band. I was curious as to what they are like music wise, anybody into this band?

I'm a Whiteheart fan, one of the bands that got me into Christian rock big-time back in the day. If you don't mind the fairly blatant Christian lyrics, they're a pretty good melodic rock band with some really slick harmonies. Their best CD, in my opinion, is "Powerhouse," followed by "Highlands," "Freedom," and "Tales of Wonder." Their early stuff isn't that great, and their last couple of albums have veered into modern-ish territory (though I do like some songs on "Inside").

Not sure how much that helps you, but for what it's worth, I recommend them, at least the first 4 albums I mentioned.

The Store had some cds by a band called White Heart, seem to be a Christian hard rock band. I was curious as to what they are like music wise, anybody into this band?

I'm a Whiteheart fan, one of the bands that got me into Christian rock big-time back in the day. If you don't mind the fairly blatant Christian lyrics, they're a pretty good melodic rock band with some really slick harmonies. Their best CD, in my opinion, is "Powerhouse," followed by "Highlands," "Freedom," and "Tales of Wonder." Their early stuff isn't that great, and their last couple of albums have veered into modern-ish territory (though I do like some songs on "Inside").

Not sure how much that helps you, but for what it's worth, I recommend them, at least the first 4 albums I mentioned.

Big Whiteheart fan here... havnt heard the first 2 or so... which i believe are really fluffy and had a rotating door of muscians. But everything after that is great stuff. And ignore Mark, the last two albums are also good stuff. The title track on Inside is their most rocking moment!

Big Whiteheart fan here...havn't heard the first 2 or so...which I believe are really fluffy and had a rotating door of muscians. But everything after that is great stuff. And ignore Mark, the last two albums are also good stuff. The title track on Inside is their most rocking moment!

Yep, their early stuff is definitely fluffier than my belly after Thanksgiving dinner. And ignore me? That was just uncalled for, Matty-kins. I said I liked some of "Inside"! For what it's worth, it's still in my collection. The title track does indeed bring the hardest/heaviest sound this band ever unleashed, and it's followed by the best song on the CD ("You Can't Take What you Don't Have"). The next 2 tracks are total fillers, and then the band serves up a triple-threat with "Ritual," "Living Sacrifice," & "Dominate." After that, it fizzles out like Pauly Shore's career. Still, that's a half-and-half album, which is a'right. But no way would I recommend any Whiteheart virgins pop their cherry with this album...start with "Powerhouse" followed by "Highlands" and then you'll know whether this band is for you or not.

Big Whiteheart fan here...havn't heard the first 2 or so...which I believe are really fluffy and had a rotating door of muscians. But everything after that is great stuff. And ignore Mark, the last two albums are also good stuff. The title track on Inside is their most rocking moment!

Yep, their early stuff is definitely fluffier than my belly after Thanksgiving dinner. And ignore me? That was just uncalled for, Matty-kins. I said I liked some of "Inside"! For what it's worth, it's still in my collection. The title track does indeed bring the hardest/heaviest sound this band ever unleashed, and it's followed by the best song on the CD ("You Can't Take What you Don't Have"). The next 2 tracks are total fillers, and then the band serves up a triple-threat with "Ritual," "Living Sacrifice," & "Dominate." After that, it fizzles out like Pauly Shore's career. Still, that's a half-and-half album, which is a'right. But no way would I recommend any Whiteheart virgins pop their cherry with this album...start with "Powerhouse" followed by "Highlands" and then you'll know whether this band is for you or not.

Forgiven to an extent.

Mew – No More Stories Are Told Today…

Cauterize – Disguises

Dakota – Runaway

Radioactive – Ceremony Of Innocence

H.E.A.T – Keep On Dreaming CDs

Reckless Love – Speed Princess CDs

White Sister – Straight From The Heart DVD

Loud & Clear – Louder Than Ever DVD

Winger – Karma

Sojourn – Lookin’ For More

Leverage – Circus Colossus

W.E.T. – S/T

KC Rose – S/T

One More Time – Highland

Lost Weekend - Presence Of Mind

Lili & Susie – The Sisters

Kingdom Come – Twilight Cruiser

Fortune – S/T (JAP)

i used to buy some Xmas trees for mike in the great pre ebay days...nowadays i got him a santa's workshop....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...:EOIBSA:US:1123

now i can sleep in the night...allthough i have to find new tempations really soon coz i don't have anything else to look for......

Cynical Limit = st

only 4 years after Mark told me to buy it!

You never were any good at taking orders...except from Geoff...when he orders you to drop your pants and assume the position... :butt:

More importantly, didja like it? (The CD I mean, not the position.)

It's only just been put in...I think some songs I'll love, others I won't.

What's only just been put in?

Thanks to our very own handsome member Mike, these are now in the collection:

Wildstreet - s/t ('For so long' and 'Open up your eyes' are plain and simply two of the best songs of the year)

Freakshow - s/t

So YOU'RE the one who stole these out from under me. F*cker. My personal team of ninjas will be visiting your residence shortly for assassination/retrieval purposes.

My ninjitsu will defeat them effortlessly.

As for the speed I used to obtain those CDs - you now know how my wife feels.

Kayak - Merlin

Finally ............ I've been looking for this gem for quite some time. :)

A few things at Dixons in Melbourne:

Wild Street - Guilty (1995 CD Single) Aussie Hard Rock band with some Digeridoo on the title track, B-Side 'Maybe I've Changed'

Passion Play - Time Stands Still

Ian Moore - S/T (1994) Does anyone know this one...?

The Ship - Tea (1975, 1998 re-issue) Marc Storace lead vocals

Crystal Blue - Detour (2003)

Waltari - Blood Sample (2005)

My Sister's Machine - Diva (1992)

Wicked Angel - Heads Will Roll (1998)

Concrete Blonde - Recollection - The Best Of (1996)

Tinted Windows - S/T (2009)

We the Kings--Smile Kid

Wow, they have a new one coming out? Nice. Loved the debut.

Cauterize--Disguises (Damned glad I finally found this)

Is it just me, or did this forum just get a whole lot more handsome?

Just out of curiosity, what did you pay for it? I hope you guys saw some links I had up in Cauterize threads on this forum because this CD was selling for really cheap after they split up. Just checked Maple Music and they're all sold out... so maybe they're all gone?

We the Kings--Smile Kid

Just out of curiosity, what did you pay for it? I hope you guys saw some links I had up in Cauterize threads on this forum because this CD was selling for really cheap after they split up. Just checked Maple Music and they're all sold out... so maybe they're all gone?

I got it on Amazon.....and with shipping it was 23.84. A little pricey, but I been looking for this cd forever.

We the Kings--Smile Kid

I got it on Amazon.....and with shipping it was 23.84. A little pricey, but I been looking for this cd forever.

That's not too bad. Probably at least what I paid for the pre-order. It's a shame you couldn't get it in the sales after the band died. :( Do you have 'Paper Wings' as well?

We the Kings--Smile Kid

That's not too bad. Probably at least what I paid for the pre-order. It's a shame you couldn't get it in the sales after the band died. :( Do you have 'Paper Wings' as well?

Not yet, but believe me, I am looking.

Forever the Sickest Kids--Weekend Friday

Mate, you just made my day! I knew nothing about this. Just had a quick look and like Quietdrive these guys have released a 7 track "EP" full of new stuff this year!!! Wow, cannot wait to hear this. 7 tracks - looks like a mini-album to me.

This and the We Are Kings albums are hopefully still likely to make a dent in my best of list this year. :)

A Rocket to The Moon--On Your Side

Summer Set--Love Like This

These two sound pretty good too. Where do you find about these types of bands?

Mate, you just made my day! I knew nothing about this. Just had a quick look and like Quietdrive these guys have released a 7 track "EP" full of new stuff this year!!! Wow, cannot wait to hear this. 7 tracks - looks like a mini-album to me.

This and the We Are Kings albums are hopefully still likely to make a dent in my best of list this year. :)

I subscribe a magazine called A&P which stand for Alternative Press......I find out a lot of stuff in there. Summer Set, I have just discovered.....kinda anxious to hear them. Rocket to the Moon happens to be on Patrick Stump's Fuel By Ramen label.....thats the same label that has great artists like Paramore, Gym Class Heroes, and of course Fall Out Boy. I bought the cd because there is a song that has kinda like a Def Leppard type chorus......so you can't really go wrong with that. But I have heard quite a bit of buzz about this band, and usually bands from "Fuel By Ramen" are great, so I decided to take a chance.

I think its being guys and gals like you guys on this site that really have made my music experience excellent....without some of your recommendations, I would have been missing out on a shitload of great artists. Hats off to all of ya. Thanks to you, Geoff for recommending great bands like Cauterize and Change of Pace. What a way for 2,009 to end with a bang! :headbanger:

I subscribe a magazine called A&P which stand for Alternative Press......I find out a lot of stuff in there. Summer Set, I have just discovered.....kinda anxious to hear them. Rocket to the Moon happens to be on Patrick Stump's Fuel By Ramen label.....thats the same label that has great artists like Paramore, Gym Class Heroes, and of course Fall Out Boy. I bought the cd because there is a song that has kinda like a Def Leppard type chorus......so you can't really go wrong with that. But I have heard quite a bit of buzz about this band, and usually bands from "Fuel By Ramen" are great, so I decided to take a chance.

I think its being guys and gals like you guys on this site that really have made my music experience excellent....without some of your recommendations, I would have been missing out on a shitload of great artists. Hats off to all of ya. Thanks to you, Geoff for recommending great bands like Cauterize and Change of Pace. What a way for 2,009 to end with a bang! :headbanger:

Haha, no worries mate. Just glad at least someone is listening. :lol: I checked out some of these bands you mentioned yesterday and also stumbled across a whole bunch of other releases like this that I had no idea had been released this year. So in turn, thanks for the info!

Got my copy of Halford's WINTER SONGS from Amazon today. Yeah, I know, I've already posted a review of this one. I bummed a CD-R from a friend who already had the disc in order to write the review, and to tide me over till my order arrived. :beerbang:

Got my copy of Halford's WINTER SONGS from Amazon today. Yeah, I know, I've already posted a review of this one. I bummed a CD-R from a friend who already had the disc in order to write the review, and to tide me over till my order arrived. :beerbang:

Disregard my question in your collection thread. :anon: