What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

in the post today i got BULLET BOYS= S/T. SWEET F.A.= TEMPTATION. BABYLON A.D.= NOTHING SACRED. STEEVI JAIMZ= DAMNED IF I DO.. & the one iam looking forward to playing CHERRY ST.= SQUEEZE IT DRY. oh yeah

:jump: YAY!!!! I get to add something this week!!!! :jump:

Thanks to a wonderful friend, I got Trans-Siberian Orchestra ~ Christmas Eve And Other Stories!!!!! And Sword ~ Sweet Dreams!!!!!!! Been curious about that one for a long time!!!! Thank you!!! :D

Then........I took a chance on two cheap-cheaps.......Kiss Of The Gypsy ~ S/T.........OMG..........LOVIN' this!!!!!! :banger:

And.....White Trash ~ Si O Si, Que .......that's up next!!!!! :jump:

:lol:

:jump: YAY!!!!  I get to add something this week!!!! :jump:

Thanks to a wonderful friend, I got Trans-Siberian Orchestra ~ Christmas Eve And Other Stories!!!!!  And Sword ~ Sweet Dreams!!!!!!!  Been curious about that one for a long time!!!!  Thank you!!! :D

Then........I took a chance on two cheap-cheaps.......Kiss Of The Gypsy ~ S/T.........OMG..........LOVIN' this!!!!!!  :banger:

And.....White Trash ~ Si O Si, Que .......that's up next!!!!!  :jump:

:lol:

The second White Trash album was nowhere near as good as their first.

I love the debut but I found the second to be totally bereft of the debuts upbeat party feel.

Not bad,just not special in any way!

Anyway,through the post from Japan today came:

Shake The Faith-America the violent

Julliet-S/T

Only a month after I sold off 80% of my collection, here I am buying CDs again. The sad/scary/stupid/ridiculous thing is that a couple of them are ones that were in the 4,200 that I sold to PJ. I guess I can't resist picking up OOP stuff when I see it.

The CDS I bought this week:

Styx - The Serpent Is Rising. WAY OOP. For $6.99 I wasn't about to pass it by.

Springfield, Rick - Rock of Life. Less of a find, but probably the "rockiest" of his vintage material. Paid $7.99

Platinum Blonde - Alien Shores. Poppy stuff, but I kinda dig it. $6.99

Nasty Nasty - Get Some!!!. Local glam band. Fairly tough disc to find. $7.99

Marx, Richard - My Own Best Enemy. New release, $12.99. I picked it up based on some positive buzz reported online. Eh. I'm not really a fan of this type of Nu-Pop.

Gibb, Barry - Now Voyager. The Bee Gees (and solo efforts) is one of the artists that I kept everything from, so I I'm always looking to fill in holes in the discography. Expensive at $75, but two just sold on Ebay in the $100-115 range, so I don't feel so bad.

Fear Factory - Linchpin (Australian Tour EP). One of the discs that I sold to PJ, but since they don't come around all that often I figure I'd snag it at $6.99

Edguy - Hellfire Club. Love all their stuff. $10.99

Angelica - Angelica. Decided to re-own this one for $7.99; I'd forgotten about the Ken Tamplin connection.

Royal Hunt - The Best Live (Japan). Another artist that I collect everything from. $18.00

Praying Mantis - Predator in Disguise (Japan). Ditto, although this one was a bit pricier, $29.00

MSG - Nightmare (The Acoustic). I simply cannot resist cool Japan-only releases. This is a great-sounding EP! I've always preferred the MacAuley-era MSG material to the material either before or after. $18.00

and about 25 CDVs for my collection. I'll be rolling out a new web site for cdv information at some point here soon.

-Dan

:D Great pick up on Shake the Faith, Captain.

Pity they didn't do a second cd.

Just stumbled on it on ebay one day,thought I'd give it a go on the strength of Tommy Thayer.

Must submit it to the site!

Picked up a few yesterday.....

Megadeth ~ "The System Has Failed"

Lit ~ "s/t"

Tears for Fears ~ "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending"

My Chemical Romance ~ "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge"

Picked these up over the weekend:

Drive - Diablero

Possession - Unnameable Suffering (local metal indie)

Gorguts - The Erosion Of Sanity

Asphalt Ballet - Pigs

Benediction - Dark Is The Season

Sadus - Chemical Exposure

Jeff Scott Soto "Lost in the Translation" - is right up there with 'From the Inside' in the album of the year stakes, IMO. The opening 4 tracks are especially awesome, and the guitar work is incredible... :drink:

TIM (2)

:headbanger:

Jeff Scott Soto "Lost in the Translation" - is right up there with 'From the Inside' in the album of the year stakes, IMO.  The opening 4 tracks are especially awesome, and the guitar work is incredible... :drink:

TIM (2)

OMG.........TOTALLY agree!!! The ballads on the JSS caught my attention more the first time around......but the more I play it....the rockers are every BIT as GREAT too!!!!!

Gonna be a tough choice for 'best of', for me....that's for sure!!!!!!!!!

Just picked up the new BOWLING FOR SOUP: "A Hangover you Don't Deserve." Not to everybody's taste, I know, but pretty good power-pop produced by the great Butch Walker.

Just picked up SWEET TEAZE: "Do it Till it Hurtz." Looks like I can finally replace that dang CDR I've been wearing out for the past 2 yrs....

Well I had a horrible time finding anything on my trip to Vegas. I ended picking up:

Black Sabbath - Vol. 4

TSAR - TSAR (this was an "oops". I had no isea who these guys were but I saw a band called TSAR on some other thread and thought this might be them. It is obviously some other TSAR being mentioned on this site because this album is college pop rock from 2000)

Michael Bolton - Michael Bolotin - The Early Years (1974-1976)

Steelheart - S/T

Hey Blue,

Maybe you meant TEER? They are Canadians who sound like Firehouse, but TSAR are one of the early nu-breed punky bands who had a hit with "Calling All Destroyers"...

This week I got...

WIG WAM "667 Neighbour of the Beast" - killer Scandi MHR :D

EUROPE "Start From the Dark" - I made the mistake, and don't want others to do the same. Avoid. :bigboom:

SAGA "Network" - The first few songs are average, but it gets better. Is growing on me.... <_<

TIM (2)