Heavy Metal & Hard Rock: Which Country Does It Best?

T-BONE

Heavy Metal & Hard Rock: Which Country Does It Best?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heavy Metal & Hard Rock: There's countries all over the world that have Heavy metal and Hard Rock bands that call them home. Bands such as Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Krokus, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Accept, Dio, Helloween, EZO, Dokken, etc... Which Country seems to spawn the best bands?

Although I grew up with mostly USA bands, when the internet came along, I discovered a whole new world out there full of new bands that I had never heard of. As of right now, Germany has REALLY impressed me with some of the bands that hail from there, so my vote goes to them. Frontline, Jaded heart, Helloween, Pink Cream 69, Mad Max, Craaft, Bonfire, Masterplan and many more...

Thoughts?

Two of the finest bands ever come from Canada - Cauterize and Harem Scarem (along with Summerhero, Emerald Rain and a few other gems) but for sheer numbers of excellence I definitely have to go with Germany too:

Victory, Frontline, Bonfire, PC69, Casanova, Charade, Jaded heart, Wild Frontier, Craaft, Subway, Sargant Fury, Diary, Shylock, EZ Livin', Emergency, Hotwire etc.

I'd probably go:

1. Germany

2. Sweden/Norway/Finland (and Denmark!!! - Pretty maids) equal with USA

Australia (:wub:) is probably last, to be honest. I kid, I'd put it above France (I can't think of any French bands off the top of my head) and Japan at the very least. And probably South America, Spain and Switzerland overall too. It's hard to judge, because many places have a few natural wonders.

-Heavy metal:UK,USA

-Hard rock:USA,UK,Australia

Southern rock.:Texas

Hair metal:California

Grunge:Seattle

Death metal:Sweden and florida

Black metal:Norway

Power metal:Germany,Italy,UK,France andUSA some groups heavy epic(Manowar)

Prog metal.:USA.UK.Germany.Italy

Folk Metal:Norway,Finland,Spain.,Brazil

Symphonic metal:Italy,Germany

Latinamerican metal:Brazil

AOR:USA,Italy

Jazz metal:.:USA

tECH METAL:usa,Sweden,Uk,Italy countries of East Europe

PROG AND SYMPHONIC BLACK AND DEATH METAL:Sweden,Norway,USA

Heavy or hard prog:Canada(rush,triumph etc).....Rush is not prog metal..perhaps is heavy prog,USA ROCK:USA,UK,Canada,Italy,Germany

Goth metal.:Norway,Sweden,Denmark,Holland,France,Italy

Doom metal:Sweden,Norway,Holland,Italy,UK.

Thrash metal:USA

pUNK:UK,USA,GERMANY

1)I went with the USA because: All of the Classic Hard Rock bands like Kiss, Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, and so many others; The Glam-Metal bands like Poison, Motley Crue, Warrant, Skid Row, LA Guns, Guns n Roses, and all of the other kick ass Hair Metal bands that came out of the 80's/early 90's; All of the great Thrash Metal bands like Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Overkill, and Anthrax; Also all of the more obscure Rock bands like Starz, Legs Diamond, and Riot; Also many great Power Metal bands like Iced Earth, Jag Panzer, Savatage, Dio, Queensryche and Nevermore.

2)Germany: For the great Melodic Rock groups like PC69, Bonfire, Victory, Casanova, and Jaded Heart; Also all of the great Power Metal bands like the great Helloween, Blind Guardian, Primal Fear, Gamma Ray, and Masterplan.

3)Sweeden/Norway/Finland: For great Melodic Rock like Treat, Pretty Maids, TNT; Sleaze Metal like Crashdiet, Hardcore Superstar, Shotgun Messiah, and Zan Clan; Also great Power and Symphonic Metal like Hammerfall, Nocturnal Rites and Stratovarius.

4)UK: While this country has many of my favorite groups of all time, like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Diamond Head and many others, they just didn't seem to have to many other great bands outside of the Classic Rock and NWOBHM genre's. For whatever reason there weren't many Hairmetal and Thrash Metal bands or even newer Classic or Power Metal bands to come out of the UK. There is a great new uprising in newer Classic Rock influenced bands though.

Canada / USA for me.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Probably Deutschland..."Accept","Scorps","Kreator","Helloween","Vanize","U.D.O.","Kingdom Come","Victory","Warlock","Sinner","Primal Fear","Thunderhead" etc..The UK ranks high as well with the whole NWOBHM,but as far as thrash/speed metal goes no one can hold a candle to what was the bay area explosion of the 1980's in the US.--Germans also win the alcohol contest,best brew in the world.. ausgezeichnet!

Canada and USA for AOR/Melodic rock bands, Then Europe in general for all things Metal (Kudos especially at the moment to Sweden/ Finland/ Norway for some brilliant artists as well).

In the genre Heavy Metal & Hard Rock I am being patriotic and vote for Deutschland. And not only for the beer !! :beerbang:

Canada/US has the lead in the AOR/Melodic Rock genre.

USA! USA! USA!

Germany in second place

England in third place

Yeah, that's a real tough call. I went with the US but it's a real close finish with the UK, Germany, Scandis, and Canada (Triumph was my favorite band for a long time).

Yeah but The New Kids on the Block are from the US so they have to get the vote, right? :whistle:

Yeah, that's a real tough call. I went with the US but it's a real close finish with the UK, Germany, Scandis, and Canada (Triumph was my favorite band for a long time).

Yeah but The New Kids on the Block are from the US so they have to get the vote, right? :whistle:

That reminds me, why aren't the New Kids listed in the HH database? :whistle:

That reminds me, why aren't the New Kids listed in the HH database? :whistle:

'cause you guys are dorks, that's why... everybody knows n'SYNC is the happenin' band from the US!!! :woot: