Maiden vs Priest

Maiden vs Priest The Battle Of The Albums  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AxeMan sorry to copy off of your poll a bit but it's Battle Of The Metal Gods 2 album vs album. I based the pairing off order of release leaving out the live and best of albums...enjoy.

:rofl2: DUDE, you're TRYING to make my brain explode aren't you?? But OK, I'll play... looks like it's a close race for me in each of these pairs (though pitting Maiden's masterwork, POWERSLAVE, up against Priest's misfire TURBO seems almost unfair!)... here's how I picked'em

Pair #1: Number Of The Beast

Pair #2: Defenders of the Faith

Pair #3: Powerslave

Pair #4: Ram It Down

Pair #5: Painkiller (toughest choice here, since SEVENTH SON is one of my fave Maidens, but PAINKILLER is not only one of the best Priest albums, but one of the best METAL albums ever released, IMHO)

Pair #6: Jugulator (this choice will probably surprise some, but Jugulator is IMHO far superior to Maiden's NO PRAYER, which was Maiden's weakest album...till Blaze Bayley came along anyway)

Looks like Priest wins here too... and I didn't even have to flip any coins this time. :banana:

No problem Eaglesfan!

This is really hard! I really like both bands!

Here are my votes:

-Screaming For Vengeance

-Piece Of Mind

-Turbo

-Somewhere In Time

-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

-No Prayer For The Dying

AxeMan sorry to copy off of your poll a bit but it's Battle Of The Metal Gods 2 album vs album. I based the pairing off order of release leaving out the live and best of albums...enjoy.

:rofl2: DUDE, you're TRYING to make my brain explode aren't you?? But OK, I'll play... looks like it's a close race for me in each of these pairs (though pitting Maiden's masterwork, POWERSLAVE, up against Priest's misfire TURBO seems almost unfair!)... here's how I picked'em

Pair #5: Painkiller (toughest choice here, since SEVENTH SON is one of my fave Maidens, but PAINKILLER is not only one of the best Priest albums, but one of the best METAL albums ever released, IMHO)

Pair #6: Jugulator (this choice will probably surprise some, but Jugulator is IMHO far superior to Maiden's NO PRAYER, which was Maiden's weakest album...till Blaze Bayley came along anyway)

Looks like Priest wins here too... and I didn't even have to flip any coins this time. :banana:

I know that kind of sucks Powerslave vs Turbo but on the flip side it's Painkiller vs Seventh Son. I just went off of order of release I think for the most part is pretty even.

Maiden in all of them. Some good Priest discs there, but I much prefer their earlier stuff like 'Stained Class' 'Killing Machine' & 'British Steel'.

# IM 'The Number Of The Beast'

# JP 'Defenders Of The Faith'

# IM 'Somewhere...'

# IM 'Powerslave'

# IM '7th son...'

# JP 'Jugulator'

I concur, My brain is gonna explode here Man...... :P

I picked mostly the same as you did, except I picked Screaming for Vengeance over Number of the Beast.. but only by THAT Much.....

:wacko: This is like trying to pick you fave child or something... :blink:

Man...I'm at a loss...well this could change for some of them.. :unsure:

JP-Screaming

JP-Defenders

IM-Powerslave

IM-Somewhere

JP Painkiller.

the last two never cared to hear...or hear again I should say...

Man I thought for sure Painkiller would absolutely destroy Seventh Son...I guess not.

Painkiller is awesome, probably my fav or second fav Priest album, but Seventh Son is just incredible IMO from the songs to the musicianship to the outstanding artwork by Derek Riggs.

• 1 year later...

And the winners are :

1 - Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance (tough choice, I love both albums)

2 - Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith

3 - Iron Maiden - Powerslave (another tough choice)

4 - Judas Priest - Ram It Down (tough choice too)

5 - Judas Priest - Painkiller (Absolutely!)

6 - Iron Maiden - No Prayer For The Dying (tough choice, as by far both albums are IMO the weakest of the bands - excluding Iron Maiden's Bayley era)

• 1 month later...

This is really a TOUGH CHOICE ´cos I really like both bands!

-The Number Of The Beast

-Piece Of Mind

-Powerslave

-Somewhere In Time, Ram It Down is a CLASSIC too!!

-PAINKILLER but Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is also A MUST HAVE, hard choice but PAINKILLER IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!

-Jugulator

:bowdown:

I love both of these bands! :guitbannana:

I chose all Iron Maiden except for Priest's "Turbo", which has a special place in my memory and is a personal favorite, but each choice was pretty difficult (and pretty close).

However, if "Sad Wings of Destiny" was on this list, I would choose it over all contenders. :guitar:

Screaming For Vengeance

Defenders of the Faith

Turbo

Somewhere in Time

Painkiller

Jugulator

:banger:

Straight sweep for Judas Priest. I can't stand Iron Maiden. I want to run to the hills every time I hear 'em.

That's funny, because I used to say that exact same thing (about running to the hills). It took me a long time to warm to Bruce Dickinson's vocals. That warble is so pronounced that it can be really off-putting. But once I got used to it, I realized how much I love Niko's drumming and the double guitar attack, which is (usually) awesome. (Now if Steve Harris would just stop playing jazz riffs all over everything life would be great!) :guitbannana: