Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, guys...cut the guy some slack. He may have been in a wreck or something... :whistle:

Wow now that would be some terrible news.

Wow....let me see if I have this all figured out correctly.....????

No figuring out required here.To put it in laymans term, he is as straight as a dog's back leg and i fear the worst for those owed alot of money.

I sent Lonnie a PM this morning asking for a status update. Looking at his profile, he hasn't been active here on the board since yesterday morning.

Has anyone here received a refund since Wedesday?

Bottom line is that there is nothing I can do to force Lonnie to come through on his promises. The only thing I can do is ban him, which would do nothing but decrease communication options for those of you still hoping for refunds.

I am, however, removing any restriction on what people want to post in this thread. There have been far too many promises and delays. I just request that any discussion be kept to this thread.

If the refunds don't come through, I will compose a summary of this thread and it will become a permanant sticky to this portion of the forum so people know not to buy/sell/trade with him again and new members are adequately warned.

-Dan

So is now a good time to call him a cocksucker? :)

JL

Damn, you go right to the point don't you :P

You know it brother ;)

Jarred

I'm sure he'll pop up in a day or two with the same old "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" line when he has no intention to. I'm sorry for those that didn't get their refund like he promised but I am not surprised he didn't follow through with his promises...again.

I am, however, removing any restriction on what people want to post in this thread. There have been far too many promises and delays. I just request that any discussion be kept to this thread.

-Dan

Is the rule implied to just those that had transactions, or can anyone post an opinion?

Not that I wanna just say random nonsense because I dont. Just some personal opinions. This time I'm asking 1st. :)

Ok-- I have been away from this thread for awhile and i am still waiting on a refund!! How many of us have been refunded!! Just wondering!! Later All.... Rich

It would be quite useful if Dan can post a small summary from the statistics he was asking previously. Nothing detailed, just several numbers like how many people reported being scammed, estimated total of the scam, how many have been refunded, etc.

I think this will not only be informative for everyone not familiar with Lovid's true intentions, but also would be useful for everyone willing to take legal action.

@dawallman2004: reading the entire thread I get the impression that besides the first wave of few small selected refunds I dont think anyone else got refunded afterwards. Hope to be mistaken for the sake of everyone still waiting...

It would be quite useful if Dan can post a small summary from the statistics he was asking previously. Nothing detailed, just several numbers like how many people reported being scammed, estimated total of the scam, how many have been refunded, etc.

I think this will not only be informative for everyone not familiar with Lovid's true intentions, but also would be useful for everyone willing to take legal action.

@dawallman2004: reading the entire thread I get the impression that besides the first wave of few small selected refunds I dont think anyone else got refunded afterwards. Hope to be mistaken for the sake of everyone still waiting...

Thanks for the reply Storm!!! Later Rich

Yes i think it would be nice to see how many people are in the same way.

Anyone has leave a complaint thru the FBI link ?

I think i will do as i'm the oldest victim and not least :angry::angry::angry:

I completely agree with that

Any positive update from anyone ?? :unsure: I have not received my refund yet. <_<

The actual number of people who PM'ed me details about their transactions was extremely small, less than 10. Of those, less than half had received refunds. I have yet to receive a PM or email from *ANYONE* who received a refund last week.

More importantly, none of the people who lost "big money" have been refunded, to my knowledge.

Lonnie still has not responded to my PM request for an update, and his profile shows him not being active on the board since March 9.

I wouldn't count on receiving anything at this point.

For those of you who have NOT received refunds, if you have not already done so, you need to do the following:

1. go to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center and file a complaint:

http://www.ic3.gov/

Be clear, concise, and do NOT use inflammatory language or rhetoric, or profanity. Just the facts.

2. File a report with the Blytheville Police Department

Officer in Charge
    Ross Thompson

201 W Walnut
    Blytheville, Arkansas 72315
    Non-emergency: (870)763-4411

The actual number of people who PM'ed me details about their transactions was extremely small, less than 10. Of those, less than half had received refunds. I have yet to receive a PM or email from *ANYONE* who received a refund last week.

I PM'd you details of my refund, didn't I?

That was in the last 1-2 weeks (or since you put up that request anyway)

I PM'd you details of my refund, didn't I?

That was in the last 1-2 weeks (or since you put up that request anyway)

Yes, but that was more than a week ago. My point was that to my knowledge no one has received a refund within or after the timeframe Lonnie promised the funds would be made available by his bank last week...

-Dan

I for one can't understand why all the people that Lonnie screwed over aren't ripping him a new asshole since this latest deadline has come & gone. The way this thread took off when the scam was found out, you would think that a lynch mob was going to be gathering soon to take a little road trip to Blytheville. But it's been relatively quiet. Maybe everyone has just resigned to the fact that they will never hear from Lonnie again or see their money again...good riddance, I say. :2up:

I for one can't understand why all the people that Lonnie screwed over aren't ripping him a new asshole since this latest deadline has come & gone. The way this thread took off when the scam was found out, you would think that a lynch mob was going to be gathering soon to take a little road trip to Blytheville. But it's been relatively quiet. Maybe everyone has just resigned to the fact that they will never hear from Lonnie again or see their money again...good riddance, I say. :2up:

If I lived next door to him, I'd be banging on his door but the fact that I'm across the otherside of the world, the $40 I'm out of pocket just doesn't lean towards any action that will incur any epxenses. Even Adriano and his $1000, by the time he would travel or get someone legal involved, the costs associated with that would chew up the actual recuperable amount in no time... so you end up losing more $$$ anyway.

I remember being ripped off by an ebay seller about 4-5 years ago for about $40. At the time i didn't do anything except email (which were never returned) although I kept track of the seller (who went underground) for the next 2 years. When she finally surfaced again, I got all her detials, including her name, address, phone number and called her. Wiothout making any threats I said I now know where she lives and I'd be around very soon to collect my refund. I reveived my goods, plus a few extras within a few days. May have been a few years late, but I never forget! There's one other seller I keep an eye out for aswell, just for the right opportunity to get back at the f***er.

I was one of the people who had been very vocal about this and I am still pissed but I think everything that can be said has been said. I'm just burnt on the whole thing. I would piss on the guy if he was on fire...

JL

I was one of the people who had been very vocal about this and I am still pissed but I think everything that can be said has been said. I'm just burnt on the whole thing. I would piss on the guy if he was on fire...

JL

You would or wouldn't piss on him?

Ypu realise by pissing on him when he's on fire it would put out the flames!

JL

You would or wouldn't piss on him?

Ypu realise by pissing on him when he's on fire it would put out the flames!

:rofl2: Yeah I fucked that one up....but now that I think about it. He'd been on fire, so that's pretty bad....then you are covered in someone else's urine? Now that's even better! :drink:

JL

Even Adriano and his $1000, by the time he would travel or get someone legal involved, the costs associated with that would chew up the actual recuperable amount in no time... so you end up losing more $$$ anyway.

By my side, i'm from France so i can't go there to find the guy. I really don't hope on money back but i would leave complaint thru the website indicate by Dan and also send a letter to the local police office mention. That won't bring my money back but i hope that will be a bit unpleasant for Lonnie.

Even if it's for a smaller amount (i've lost 1180 $
:wacko:
) i think everybody who had been ripped off had to do the same.

F***k... that's a lot of money to possibly just wave goodbye to! :yikes:

I know what you mean... as in making it as difficult for Lon as possible.... but if this ends up costing you more money in the process then you'd just end up losing even more than you have now.

I can't imagine being ripped for that much $$$... it'd be like "hey I've just worked the past 2 weeks so some fucker can have all my wages".