Friction - Baby Talk on ebay

$275 with 5 days to go??? You must be f*cking kidding me. I could not be a bigger supporter of this disc, and it is probably the one I most want to see be fully re-issued, but that's just f*cking ridiculous... IMO. :) Good luck to the seller. Lord knows if I had it I'd probably sell it too. Nothing wrong with a CDR if there's really that sort of money involved in selling an original copy.

I'm sorry I thought this was a good cd, and I stress the word good, but for no reason should anyone in their right mind pay more that say $30 for this cd. Just my opinion.

Unfortunately this has nothing to do with good or bad but more with supply & demand. Most of the rare discs going for a mint suck.

Repeat after me: There is no correlation between scarcity and quality.

(In fact, one might even postulate that there is an inverse correlation, because if a given disc really is that phenomenal it would have been pressed in larger numbers or reissued, or the band would have been signed to a larger label to begin with).

-Dan

Repeat after me: There is no correlation between scarcity and quality.

(In fact, one might even postulate that there is an inverse correlation, because if a given disc really is that phenomenal it would have been pressed in larger numbers or reissued, or the band would have been signed to a larger label to begin with).

-Dan

Exactly my point!!

338.33 and counting with 3 days and 22 hours left.

I'm predicting $525

I kinda liked it, but would probably go about $50-70 for it at best. I'm not really into the "Rarity" of anything anymore. I prefer good tunes and that is what I'll base my price on B)

I absolutely adore the disc, but just like every other disc I wouldn't pay more than aud$27/usd$20 (because the US/AUD exchange rate is very good at the moment)... and that's with postage included. I love the disc. :)

I thought this disc was phenomenal!

Yeah, me to...phenomenally boring. -_- Given how much most melodic hard rock fans like this, I guess my ears just hear something different. "Wave Goodbye to a Friend" is absolutely awesome, the rest is a bunch of dull, derivative Bon Jovi b-sides. The only reason I would pay more than $25 for it would be so I could turn around and sell it and use the money to buy a whole shitload of CDs actually worth listening to. :lol:

Yeah, me to...phenomenally boring. -_- Given how much most melodic hard rock fans like this, I guess my ears just hear something different. "Wave Goodbye to a Friend" is absolutely awesome, the rest is a bunch of dull, derivative Bon Jovi b-sides. The only reason I would pay more than $25 for it would be so I could turn around and sell it and use the money to buy a whole shitload of CDs actually worth listening to. :lol:

Ouch!

:lol: I have to admit, if I had an original I would definately sell it and put the money towards a tropical vacation... but that's no reflection on what I think of the music at hand. Mark, I still cannot believe you don't have the same wet dreams I have about 'Down and lonely'. Like 'Stranger than love' by Harem Scarem, that is 100% the epitome of what I love about melodic hard rock. I agree the ballad is stunning, but aside from that I love the other songs and the overall vibe of this album. Just love it. Surprised we're so differently minded on this disc.

Definitely one of the best albums out there! I bought an original CD for $5 off ebay (buy it now), and it has hardly left my CD player. I recommend this disc to everyone. The first track is just OK, but the rest completely ROCKS!

Metal-4-Ever

Definitely one of the best albums out there! I bought an original CD for $5 off ebay (buy it now), and it has hardly left my CD player. I recommend this disc to everyone. The first track is just OK, but the rest completely ROCKS!

Metal-4-Ever

Wow, when did you get that???

Wow... $591 :lol:

Neil's a great guy....and a great collector. Congrats on the 'get'!!

Hey Geoff,

I got it off ebay back in July. The CD had only been listed for a few minutes when I saw it, the seller was charging more for shipping ($6) then what he was selling the CD for ($5). My story is pretty cool on getting this rare gem, but PJ's story on getting a Friction Baby Talk blows mine out of the water. http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11231

check it out!

Hey Geoff,

I got it off ebay back in July. The CD had only been listed for a few minutes when I saw it, the seller was charging more for shipping ($6) then what he was selling the CD for ($5). My story is pretty cool on getting this rare gem, but PJ's story on getting a Friction Baby Talk blows mine out of the water. http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11231

check it out!

Wow... man you guys are lucky. I guess I've had a few excellent finds back in my days of hunting... but no glamerous stories there to tell. Unless catching a train, walking through streets, sifting through used CD stores/pawnbrokers and getting lucky once in every 50 times is kick-ass, but it's not. :(

But that's awesome. After seeing this one go for such an insane price are you tempted to sell it?