Friction - Baby Talk on ebay

Hey Geoff

Yeah, I wish I had some cool stories like PJ and Tony on finding rare CDs. I have found some nice pieces here and there, but not much of a story to go with them. Here is a little list of what I have found:

Pawn Shops & CD Stores:

D.V.S. – Survival ($1)

Hard Knox – Psycho’s R Us ($25)

Slut’s Crazy – Slut’s Crazy ($7)

Kingsuite – Kingsuite ($1)

Warrior – Fighting for the Earth ($5)

Keel – Final Frontier ($2)

Angel – Live Without a Net ($10)

Angel Witch – Frontal Assault ($5)

Ebay & Online Stores:

Friction – Baby Talk ($5)

NVS – NVS ($0.50)

Blue Ruin – Blue Ruin ($6)

Dancyr – In and Out ($3)

Concrete Jungle ($12)

Bronx Zoo – Lustfull Thinking ($12)

Edguy – Savage Poetry [Original ‘95 Pressing] ($27)

What about you Geoff, what are some of the finds you have found (and anyone else who would like to comment?) I know you have to have found some sweet discs, I have seen your comment on some amazing CDs here on HH, and I always value your opinions. My twin brother and I have not been in the scene all that long, we started collecting when we were 18 and now we are 24, and it’s always nice to gain knowledge from all those around you. Keep the Metal alive!

I saw Delbert sell a Friction – Baby Talk on ebay for over $600 a few years ago, so I definitely knew when I got this CD I could sell it for quite a bit. I just can’t imagine parting with this masterpiece, I love this CD. There are not that many CDs out there anymore that I am willing to pay a three digit price for (I have found most of the CDs I am willing to pay the big bucks for [Friction was one of them], there are maybe 15 left on my three digit list). If I can by small chances score another original of this gem, I would sell it in a heartbeat, but I probably have a better chance winning the lottery. Hehehehe.

Hey Geoff

Yeah, I wish I had some cool stories like PJ and Tony on finding rare CDs. I have found some nice pieces here and there, but not much of a story to go with them. Here is a little list of what I have found:

Pawn Shops & CD Stores:

D.V.S. – Survival ($1)

Hard Knox – Psycho’s R Us ($25)

Slut’s Crazy – Slut’s Crazy ($7)

Kingsuite – Kingsuite ($1)

Warrior – Fighting for the Earth ($5)

Keel – Final Frontier ($2)

Angel – Live Without a Net ($10)

Angel Witch – Frontal Assault ($5)

Ebay & Online Stores:

Friction – Baby Talk ($5)

NVS – NVS ($0.50)

Blue Ruin – Blue Ruin ($6)

Dancyr – In and Out ($3)

Concrete Jungle ($12)

Bronx Zoo – Lustfull Thinking ($12)

Edguy – Savage Poetry [Original ‘95 Pressing] ($27)

What about you Geoff, what are some of the finds you have found (and anyone else who would like to comment?) I know you have to have found some sweet discs, I have seen your comment on some amazing CDs here on HH, and I always value your opinions. My twin brother and I have not been in the scene all that long, we started collecting when we were 18 and now we are 24, and it’s always nice to gain knowledge from all those around you. Keep the Metal alive!

I saw Delbert sell a Friction – Baby Talk on ebay for over $600 a few years ago, so I definitely knew when I got this CD I could sell it for quite a bit. I just can’t imagine parting with this masterpiece, I love this CD. There are not that many CDs out there anymore that I am willing to pay a three digit price for (I have found most of the CDs I am willing to pay the big bucks for [Friction was one of them], there are maybe 15 left on my three digit list). If I can by small chances score another original of this gem, I would sell it in a heartbeat, but I probably have a better chance winning the lottery. Hehehehe.

Hey mate... not too many stories to tell on my side. Plus I have an awful memory. I've had a few lucky buys on ebay and at pawnbrokers (especially Cash Converters - especially A LOT of rare Christian hard rock at aud$5 a CD). Other than that, my best score was off a guy on ebay once who sold a bunch of rarities but forgot to write 'CD' in his auction titles. eg (although obviously I didn't get this album off him). Ratt - 'Detonator' 1990 Hard rock/glam instead of Ratt - 'Detonator' 1990 Hard rock/glam CD.

I didn't think it would make a difference, but it sure as hell did. I bought 20+ CDs off him at usd$5-6 each... all mid-range rarities. I can't remember the titles now, to be honest, but it was a great score and also because I bought so many he threw in free posting. It ruled. :)

Hey Josh.......you reminded me of a cool story. That Friction - Baby Talk CD I sold a couple of years ago for over $600.........I was in a used record store in St. Louis that was basically filled with vinyl. The CDs he had were mostly new stuff. I asked the owner if he had a bargain bin and he pointed to a box on the floor and said "that's all the bargains". I started going through the box which had $1.00 each written on the box. It was littered with the most outrageous junk I've ever looked at.....except for one jewel I pulled out......that awesome "Friction - Baby Talk CD"!!!!! My hands were shaking when I pulled it out and quickly carried it to the checkout with my dollar in hand......I almost ran out of the store after paying for it in the event they decided to change their minds and chase me down......LOL!!!!!

I had no idea what it would sell for, but I was at a St Louis Blues hockey game the night the auction ended. When I got home from the game and saw the final selling price I was speechless to say the least....

One of my better hunting experiences.........

Delbert

Hey Josh.......you reminded me of a cool story. That Friction - Baby Talk CD I sold a couple of years ago for over $600.........I was in a used record store in St. Louis that was basically filled with vinyl. The CDs he had were mostly new stuff. I asked the owner if he had a bargain bin and he pointed to a box on the floor and said "that's all the bargains". I started going through the box which had $1.00 each written on the box. It was littered with the most outrageous junk I've ever looked at.....except for one jewel I pulled out......that awesome "Friction - Baby Talk CD"!!!!! My hands were shaking when I pulled it out and quickly carried it to the checkout with my dollar in hand......I almost ran out of the store after paying for it in the event they decided to change their minds and chase me down......LOL!!!!!

I had no idea what it would sell for, but I was at a St Louis Blues hockey game the night the auction ended. When I got home from the game and saw the final selling price I was speechless to say the least....

One of my better hunting experiences.........

Delbert

Wow... that's freakin' amazing. I can't even fathom the amount of high fives I'd be handing out after that. :) Nice one.

word around town has it that the friction baby talks disc is the next in line rock it records release.

stay tuned.

I'd hate to see that happen if rock it records are a bootleg label.

Why would Rock-It release Friction?

I am hoping you have an answer to your own question since you know the guys in Italy who run the rock it records. :)

The real FUNNY thing about Rock-It and Mosh-It-Up is

The biggest market for metal is in Japan / Germany / Greece / Switzerland (NOT THE USA)

I have talked to the biggest dealers in all of these country's and NOT ONE has ever heard of these labels.

So for whatever reason these Italian labels are shipping them direct to the USA and nowhere else.

Crazy when you think about all the huge metalmarts in Europe (easy to move 100 copies in 1 day)

Delbert,

Wow, that’s the kind of stories I love to hear. Yeah, at the time I thought the Friction CD would fetch $300 or so, I actually remember telling you that I was planning on taking that CD off your hands. That was back when I paid a pretty penny for some of my CDs, and I was going to throw a $400 bid on it… Man, I was way off, but very happy to see a good friend of mine make some good money. There are still a handful of CDs (as I said before 10 to 15) that I will still fork out some real cash for but not many. Now days I (Jake) am in collage and my twin brother (Josh) just got married, so we are now very select on what we pay the larger sums of money for, so if any of you have an Oslo - s/t out there, I would like to take it off your hands. What about you Delbert, do you have one that you would be willing to part with?

Anyway, congrats on getting the Friction for such a low price. I guess that makes 3 Friction - Baby Talk CDs sold on ebay for just over or under $600 that I know of, and 3 Friction - Baby Talk CDs found for $5 or less (2 shops and 1 ebay). So that leaves a 50% chance on getting a killer deal on this CD.

Metal-4-Ever

The real FUNNY thing about Rock-It and Mosh-It-Up is

The biggest market for metal is in Japan / Germany / Greece / Switzerland (NOT THE USA)

I have talked to the biggest dealers in all of these country's and NOT ONE has ever heard of these labels.

So for whatever reason these Italian labels are shipping them direct to the USA and nowhere else.

Crazy when you think about all the huge metalmarts in Europe (easy to move 100 copies in 1 day)

It's amazing what money will do.....

Jake.....first sorry I got you confused with your brother....I always used to do that because you both would e mail me many times in the past.......in fact, one of you won the very first Lost And Found CD I ever found about 4 or 5 years ago, remember that one?

About that Oslo.....unfortunately, I am also a looker too.....I have only a CDR in my collection and I'm sure that is going to be a real tough one to land. But.....that's the fun of collecting. Tracking down those real obscurities, right?

I hope you guys eventually get the oslo, I know you both know of a guy who can gt the cd for yas tough.

:)

Keep em stories comin, I'm lovin it.

My friction baby talk cd was purchase from the mighty sam macaslin, ep, thats right, mr retrospect records himself, long before I knew of its rareness & for $50. This was around the late 90's I think, 1999. Sam actually sent that cd along with 3 others before I made payment, much to my surprise. When I made payment about 2 months after I think he had forgotten about sending em those cds. It puts a big smile onmy face when I think about how I got my Friction CD. :)

How I found out about friction baby talk was through spending hours on the phone with Brent of Dreamdisc.

It is Brent who pretty much told me about alot of the rarities I know of.

Hey Delbert,

Yeah, I remember getting that Lost and Found CD from you, I also bought Sweet Teaze – Do it Till it Hurtz from you (as well as many other great gems, you sure know how to find them.) Yes I would agree that this collecting thing is really fun. I will have to e-mail you my want list, so expect an e-mail in a few days when I can get one put together, and let me know what you are after and I will keep my eye out for you.

Josh and I go under the same name on ebay and HH, since we collect together it makes sense. So don’t ever worry if you call us by one name or the other. It’s kind of nice having a collecting partner and none other then a twin.

And if anyone out there is looking on letting go of an Oslo – s/t please let me know. shandaren@juno.com

Metal-4-Ever

Andy, and you of course, did teach me a lot about many of the top pieces back in the 90s when we'd chat on the phone. ;) Hope you're doing well buddy, good to see ya postin' on here.

And, Jake... hope you're almost packed! You're departing for the land of the Rising Obi, in just a few weeks. ;) More on that in private.

Cheers man!

PJ

Del,

Just a quick one- sorry I'm a bit late on this one, hope you're reading this while away... the place I mentioned in my email, was located in either Lubbock, or Amarillo. Check the yellowpages if you're in either of those cities, I don't recall the name of the place, but, it was listed under the regular cd/record shops. If you find the place, you'll know it, and that place alone will be worth your trip.

Good luck!

PJ

Andy, and you of course, did teach me a lot about many of the top pieces back in the 90s when we'd chat on the phone. ;) Hope you're doing well buddy, good to see ya postin' on here.

And, Jake... hope you're almost packed! You're departing for the land of the Rising Obi, in just a few weeks. ;) More on that in private.

Cheers man!

PJ

Del,

Just a quick one- sorry I'm a bit late on this one, hope you're reading this while away... the place I mentioned in my email, was located in either Lubbock, or Amarillo. Check the yellowpages if you're in either of those cities, I don't recall the name of the place, but, it was listed under the regular cd/record shops. If you find the place, you'll know it, and that place alone will be worth your trip.

Good luck!

PJ

PJ, I miss those times, free international phone calls, talking stuff!! Hard to believe years have gone by & I still recall our chats as if it it was it happened last week. :)

PJ, I miss those times, free international phone calls, talking stuff!! Hard to believe years have gone by & I still recall our chats as if it it was it happened last week. :)

Andy, that's only because I have such an incredibly sexy voice... it's too bad these message boards are limited to text input only, lol. Kiddin' around man. Yes, I do recall those days fondly. It was always a pleasure gettin' a call from Australia, to catch up on, and learn about all the coolest big gems everyone was after then. Well, cool, at least, until my girlfriend at the time started complaining about some "weird guy with a weird accent" calling when I wasn't home, asking for me, and then wanting to talk to her when he'd learn I wasn't around.... lol. :) Kiddin' around buddy- she too had an accent (Eastern European).

Good times, man, good times.

Cheers,

PJ

Andy, that's only because I have such an incredibly sexy voice... it's too bad these message boards are limited to text input only, lol. Kiddin' around man. Yes, I do recall those days fondly. It was always a pleasure gettin' a call from Australia, to catch up on, and learn about all the coolest big gems everyone was after then. Well, cool, at least, until my girlfriend at the time started complaining about some "weird guy with a weird accent" calling when I wasn't home, asking for me, and then wanting to talk to her when he'd learn I wasn't around.... lol. :) Kiddin' around buddy- she too had an accent (Eastern European).

Good times, man, good times.

Cheers,

PJ

PJ, yeah, now I gotta say, your then girl had a mighty sexy voice. Thought you said you'd send her my way after you've been through her. Hey, I'm waiting , LOL.. ( just kidding bud )

You seem to have a knack on landing yourself those exotic eastern euro babes, always admired you for that.

whats she upto these days?

>PJ, yeah, now I gotta say, your then girl had a mighty sexy voice. Thought you said you'd send her my way after you've been through her. Hey, I'm waiting , LOL.. ( just kidding bud )

You seem to have a knack on landing yourself those exotic eastern euro babes, always admired you for that.

:) whats she upto these days?

Andy,

Thanks for the kudos... sure, I've been fortunate enough to be involved with many exotic ladies in my days, but... let's be honest, what merit can one hundred or more dates, with just as many women possibly have, if not one of those dates leads you to the desired goal? That of course being a relationship, one of substance, love, etc. She (the ex...) recently got out of a relationshp, and... we're actually talkin'. It'd be good if her and I could find our way again, if we did- you heard it here first- she'll be the one I'll marry. But, it's yet to be determined if it's in the cards.... ;)

How about you? Toss me an email in private, lemme know how things are in your life... seeing anyone? what are you doing these days?

Cheers,

PJ