What are the prized possessions in your collection?

Nick C

What are your prized vinyl/CD's that you love and wouldn't part with (probably) for anything? I'm sure some of you have tons of stuff you don't let people touch (hahaha) that make mine look pants but I've a few I plan to be buried with

Aerosmith - Pure Gold from Americas Golden Boys (3 album promo)

Aerosmith - Fan club compilation from Japan

Aerosmith - Wild Platinum (Jap promo comp)

Aerosmith - Gold Disc (Jap comp)

Aerosmith - The First Decade (8 album promo box)

Aerosmith - Gripping Stuff (promo)

Aerosmith - Coca Cola Planet Live (promo)

Aerosmith - Basico (live promo originally given away with Big Ones in Spain)

The Godz - s/t (promo with a booklet / photos and a band bio)...it's useful to have the godz around in the afterlife.

Head East Live - Just love the album

Icon - A More Perfect Union signed by Dan Wexler

Jellyfish - Joining a Fan Club box

Ozric Tentacles - Ethereal Cereal box

Porcupine Tree - Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape (yel vinyl)

Porcupine Tree - XM

Prism - Live Tonight

Starz - Live in Louisville (promo)

Zon - Astral Projector...my orig on blue vinyl.

Oh yeah and my Kix Girl Money money box ... full of cash to pay the ferryman!!

My autographed copy of the Ramones' MONDO BIZARRO cassette (now that I have it on CD as well, I was thinking of framing the cassette insert with a collage of other Ramones clippings)

My copy of Raven's DESTROY ALL MONSTERS live album autographed by all three Raven members

My Barren Cross STATE OF CONTROL CD -- not autographed but I prize it anyway cuz it was such a bitch to find on CD when my cassette crapped out!!

My highest prized CD (Laurence Archer) :

archeroz8.jpg

I wasn't aware of how much this CD is prized since Kim_HP told me the real value of this album... I've planned to trade it, but now, i keep it safe !

Follow the link below and you will see the whole list ....

:P

My Signed New England cd's - Hands off.

I wouldn't part with most of my collection, seeing as how long it has taken me to collect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

At the moment it's Steve Wilson (No-Man Porcupine Tree) - Insurgentes 2 CD and DVD plus lavish...yes lavish book! I bought/pre ordered it from headphone dust back in October for £34 and it arrived a little under 2 weeks ago. A couple of copies have just gone on eBay today both for £180+ ..... Cor blimey mister!

Fully signed Cauterize 'Disguises' CD, I guess?

He said 'Prized Possessions', read the question. ;)

Yeah, I have to admit I'm kind of confused by this thread. Nick (Icon) and I seem to be the only people mentioning anything decent. The rest is just trash. Some guy up there even had the balls to say that he owned something... HAHAHAHA... I can't even say it. But apparently he owns something... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: ... okay, okay, I'm getting composed. He says he owns something valuable from... wait for it... NEW ENGLAND!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I'm all like, dude, if it's not a petition to get every New England recording removed off the face off the planet, not sure how anything related to that band can be considered valuable.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm kind of confused by this thread. Nick (Icon) and I seem to be the only people mentioning anything decent. The rest is just trash. Some guy up there even had the balls to say that he owned something... HAHAHAHA... I can't even say it. But apparently he owns something... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: ... okay, okay, I'm getting composed. He says he owns something valuable from... wait for it... NEW ENGLAND!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I'm all like, dude, if it's not a petition to get every New England recording removed off the face off the planet, not sure how anything related to that band can be considered valuable.

Ah a New England Expert now are we! Pre '84 mate so you obviously won't like it, so not worth really commenting. :rofl2:

And you would be REALLY surprised how much I have been offered for my signed cd's mate and I mean REALLY.

Ah a New England Expert now are we! Pre '84 mate so you obviously won't like it, so not worth really commenting. :rofl2:

And you would be REALLY surprised how much I have been offered for my signed cd's mate and I mean REALLY.

You should sell them and buy something decent like Cauterize. ;)

I've heard the best of New England (curiosity) and that was more than enough for me. Not an expert, that's for sure. Enjoy them all you want, though... but enjoy the CDRs. Seriously, sell it. Go on a holiday.

Bloodgood To Germany With Love (number 934 of 990) 1993 SB Records

Bride Across the Border: Live in Germany (#485 of 2000) 1994 Stephans-Buchhandlung

Rage of Angels Rage of Angels 1989 Regency Records

Seventh Avenue Children EP 1995 KIK Music

I've heard the best of New England (curiosity) and that was more than enough for me. Not an expert, that's for sure. Enjoy them all you want, though... but enjoy the CDRs. Seriously, sell it. Go on a holiday.

You've not heard any New England Studio discs then? Heathen. ;)

Is their best of a live disc? haha. I probably noticed at the time, but this is going back two or three years. Seriously, I can't remember it. I know it wasn't my scene, though. :)

Is their best of a live disc? haha. I probably noticed at the time, but this is going back two or three years. Seriously, I can't remember it. I know it wasn't my scene, though. :)

Yeah - Greatest Hits Live!! Seriously - If you have a spare half an hour, try out their S/T album as there are some killer tracks on there, that even you should like - Huge Choruses, big production, big backing vox. I know they are pre '84, but.. - Try searching for the studio versions of 'Nothing To Fear' , 'Don't Ever Wanna Lose Ya' & 'Alone Tonight' and then come back and tell me they are rubbish - you may be pleasantly surprised (or then again, you probably won't). I know quite alot of people on HH regard this band quite highly, so maybe worth a shot. Worthless they most certainly aren't.

Honestly my collection looks pretty ordinary to everyone elses.... dont really know if i have any prized possessions..

You have Def Leppard's X, right?

Well it's pretty rare because you and Geoff are the only ones that bought it. ;)

Yeah - Greatest Hits Live!! Seriously - If you have a spare half an hour, try out their S/T album as there are some killer tracks on there, that even you should like - Huge Choruses, big production, big backing vox. I know they are pre '84, but.. - Try searching for the studio versions of 'Nothing To Fear' , 'Don't Ever Wanna Lose Ya' & 'Alone Tonight' and then come back and tell me they are rubbish - you may be pleasantly surprised (or then again, you probably won't). I know quite alot of people on HH regard this band quite highly, so maybe worth a shot. Worthless they most certainly aren't.

Thanks to Youtube:

'Don't ever wanna lose ya' ; I remember this song. Honestly not too bad. I really don't mind that song for an oldie.

'Nothing to fear' ; lol, don't player hate but this sounds almost like Abba to me! HAHA. Killer Youtube clip though: 'Nothing to fear'... sexied up Wow, bet that's the best that song ever sounded! :lol:

They didn't have the other song on Youtube, but I can honestly tell this is really not my thing. Almost makes BB Mak look metal. :lol: Anyway, just my opinion. Enjoy, fellas.

Honestly my collection looks pretty ordinary to everyone elses.... dont really know if i have any prized possessions..

You have Def Leppard's X, right?

Well it's pretty rare because you and Geoff are the only ones that bought it. ;)

I even have the shirt!

Almost didnt have it as one of JSS's roadies wanted to buy it from me..

Here are a few of my "prized" cd's:

Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry (West Germany Target press)

Def Leppard - Pyromania (West Germany Blue Vertigo press)

Def Leppard - Pyromania (MFSL Gold)

Rockarma - Bring It (Japanese import autographed by band)

Helix - Wild In The Streets (original Capitol)

Shotgun Messiah - S/T (with stencil)

Black Sabbath - Seventh Star (Japanese import with Star spelled "Stam" on disc)

D.A.D. - Riskin' It All (French press)

Rockarma - Bring It (Japanese import autographed by band)

:lol: Quality! :tumbsup:

Mine's still sealed with no autographs... those guys are jerks. :(

Really? I thought they were all pretty cool...except for the guitar player. What a prima donna! He was always yelling "Get me another Guinness you rat bastards!!" ;)