What are the prized possessions in your collection?

Nick C

• My Little Pony
Rockarma - Bring It (Japanese import autographed by band)

:lol: Quality! :tumbsup:

Mine's still sealed with no autographs... those guys are jerks. :(

Really? I thought they were all pretty cool...except for the guitar player. What a prima donna! He was always yelling "Get me another Guinness you rat bastards!!" ;)

That's how I would be. "Get me another Guinness, you ratt-bastards!!" ds :beerbang:

Rockarma - Bring It (Japanese import autographed by band)

:lol: Quality! :tumbsup:

Mine's still sealed with no autographs... those guys are jerks. :(

Really? I thought they were all pretty cool...except for the guitar player. What a prima donna! He was always yelling "Get me another Guinness you rat bastards!!" ;)

That's how I would be. "Get me another Guinness, you ratt-bastards!!" ds :beerbang:

I was wearing my RATT shirt that day, so I guess it kind of makes sense now. :lol:

• My Little Pony

I'm not entirely sure of the question. Are you asking which albums we hold in the highest regard, or which are worth the most? Most of us seem to be answering to the latter, and so will I.

Hot Boy - Barely Legal

Intuition - Turn It On

Jillson - Deadly Girl

KK Wilde - Rock 'N Roll

Wall Of Silence - Shock To The System

I'm not entirely sure of the question. Are you asking which albums we hold in the highest regard, or which are worth the most? Most of us seem to be answering to the latter, and so will I.

Hot Boy - Barely Legal

Intuition - Turn It On

Jillson - Deadly Girl

KK Wilde - Rock 'N Roll

Seriously.. whered you get all those from?!!?

I didn't list my most valuable cd's as ranked by HH, just some that I have come across that I never thought I'd ever own or that have something neat about them (I love that the stencil was just sitting between the disc and the front insert of the Shotgun Messiah cd when I found it in some second hand shop and never was lost or stolen). If I listed my most valuable discs, I'd have to do some homework because I know some have been reissued so I have no idea what the originals are worth now. Floyd's Funk Revival - Creamy would probably be my most valuable disc.

• My Little Pony

Hot Boy - Barely Legal

Intuition - Turn It On

Jillson - Deadly Girl

KK Wilde - Rock 'N Roll

Four of them were all in a lot together on ebay, and KK Wilde I got a few months ago.

Hot Boy - Barely Legal

Intuition - Turn It On

Jillson - Deadly Girl

KK Wilde - Rock 'N Roll

Four of them were all in a lot together on ebay, and KK Wilde I got a few months ago.

Holy shit man, that's amazing. How much money did you spend on this? Those Intuition and Hot Boy discs are two of my all-time most wanted.

Holy shit man, that's amazing. How much money did you spend on this? Those Intuition and Hot Boy discs are two of my all-time most wanted.

I take it you didn't grab a Hot Boy disc when the lead singer was selling the ones he found a few years back for $40 a piece?

I take it you didn't grab a Hot Boy disc when the lead singer was selling the ones he found a few years back for $40 a piece?

I think quite a few of us did at the time. I can't remember how many he had up for grabs, but it wasn't that many. I presume they all went though.

Nah, not for me. $40 is the highest I've ever paid for a (full-length) CD and both of those were JAP editions of CDs I didn't think I'd ever get any other way (before I knew about the internet). $40 is still way too much for me to spend on any single CD, and definitely not an EP, no matter how much I love it. Keep in mind also, that's us$40 so it would still add up for us Aussies. Not matter how much I want a CD, you'll never catch me pay more than au$40 and these days au$30 would be my absolute max. To each their own, but paying big coin for CDs is definitely not my scene.

Man what a double edged sword that question poses...

Does value drive collectability? What makes one cd more rare or worth more than the next? (Even if the unknown, to the masses, is better)

I can't imagine the number of killer cd's I would have missed out on if I did not take a chance.

Prime example:

Phaoroah-On Your Knees, if the store I bought it in did not have a listening station this album would have been re-shelved. :screwy:

Redstone-S/T, Passed over that ep 20 times before I took the plunge and believe me the only convincing factor to try it was the price...buy 2 get one free!

Myself, I have many cd's that kick ass and are unknown to everyone and probably worthless due to their obscurity. Most are local/Seattle bands that did not succumb to the grunge wave.

Outside of the above mentioned cd's, there are many "rarities" I have that are "priceless", but my fave isn't even a cd and isn't even an official release... It is, recently transfered to cd, cassette copy of a copy of the masters of all the Tramp Alley studio sessions.

• 2 months later...