Fear Not / Love Life

66 mustang

I always liked the Fear Not cd, especially for a Christian cd. Usually, I find those cds to be more "retro" than the current sound but Fear Not had it pegged right on. I'll have to check out the other band. Do you have a good recommendation of where to find it?

I've only heard a few songs from Love Life, and really like them!

But........OH MY GOODNESS on the Fear Not!!!! :o GREAT stuff!!!

Fave song......"Til The End Of My Days"..........*sigh* Beautiful song!! :)

Fear Not's one & only album ranks among the best Christian hard rock CDs ever released, right up there with The Brave: "Battle Cries." While Fear Not arose from the ashes of Love Life, the superior production of John & Dino Elefante makes Fear Not far and away the better band, at least in my opinion. Where Fear Not could have held their own in the presence of, say, Skid Row, I think Love Life comes across as a poor man's Slaughter. That's not to say Love Life is bad--they're actually quite good--but Fear Not gets played at least once a month while Love Life is lucky to see my CD player once a year.

Agree with Mark.....

Fear Not's production blows Love Life away.......

Agree with Mark.....

That's because you have excellent taste! :)

Well, except for being a Vain fan, that is... :blink:

Precisely....

• 4 years later...
Fear Not's one & only album ranks among the best Christian hard rock CDs ever released, right up there with The Brave: "Battle Cries." While Fear Not arose from the ashes of Love Life, the superior production of John & Dino Elefante makes Fear Not far and away the better band, at least in my opinion. Where Fear Not could have held their own in the presence of, say, Skid Row, I think Love Life comes across as a poor man's Slaughter. That's not to say Love Life is bad--they're actually quite good--but Fear Not gets played at least once a month while Love Life is lucky to see my CD player once a year.

yes

Two great albums. I own the Fear Not disc (Thanks Terry!) but still very much looking for the Love Life one. Honestly, I actually prefer the Love Life CD quite a bit songwise, though the Fear Not obviously sounds a lot better. Both great.

I'm in the minority as usual here. For me Love Life wins easily over Fear Not. I never could get into the Fear Not disc, while the Love Life album has gotten tons of play in my house and car.

I like'em both fine, but prefer the Fear Not disc by a hair. Love Life is a wee bit too polished for me, whilst Fear Not has that "edge" to it.

Two great albums. I own the Fear Not disc (Thanks Terry!) but still very much looking for the Love Life one. Honestly, I actually prefer the Love Life CD quite a bit songwise, though the Fear Not obviously sounds a lot better. Both great.

Remember when i one Love Life on ebay for a buck or something? Good times.

I've found 3 copies of Love Life, 1 for 50 cents, 1 for a buck and the most recent for $8. Been a couple years since I've seen another copy floating around these parts though.

Yeah, it was about the peak of my hatred for you.

Hey Rick, you don't have any of those three copies left do you? It's an album I still want so bad.

Yeah, it was about the peak of my hatred for you.

Hey Rick, you don't have any of those three copies left do you? It's an album I still want so bad.

Sorry, no Geoff. If I did I would send one your way. I will keep an eye out though. :tumbsup:

• 2 years later...