Banshee cd reissues are cdr's

Guest Banshee

Hi Everyone!

I just found out about the issues with these CDs. We were under the impression they were silver pressed, as they needed a Glass Master CD to start production. Well after Brian emailed this week I investigated the matter. I was rather upset as well. We tried the re-issues to see if there was still an interest in our music and the response has been outstanding!

Here's the response I got from our manufacturer:

"To get Replicated glass mastered CD with most manufacturers you have to get 1,000 units made.

The media used for short runs is a CDR which is virtually indistinguishable from stamped media in color and appearance on the writable surface. The printed side has high resolution printing with a waterproof coating which will stand the test of time.

These are a unique type of CD that are made using a proprietary system.

I have never heard of one of the unopened CDs being scratched."

We did not start out with 1000 of each with this run, but we fully intend to when we order more after Rocklahoma. We have everything tied up financially right now, in the show. Although we did not have to Pay to Play as many other bands did, we do have to cover all of our own expenses. So, we won't be ordering again until we can recoup what we're spending now.

To clarify, these are Silver CDRs, not silver pressed. They are of a higher quality than the typical CDR though, as others have noted. We will continue to sell them until they are gone, as we need the gas money. We have two tour buses, gas and our crew to pay for yet for the festival.

We do intend to have silver pressed CDs by the end of the summer, though. I'll be sure to drop by here and let you know when we get them in.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any issues you may have had with these re-issues. Personally I can't tell the difference, as they are silver, not green or blue. I'm not sure where the one poster is seeing green unless it is a reflection. The quality of the sound is much improved from our original releases. The digital remastering went a long way in bringing out more of our sound. I've been happy listening to my own copies as I've been practicing.

As for Tommy's email - he wasn't lieing, he was just stating what I had told him and I had believed. We stand corrected and humbled.

Thanks so much for bringing this issue to our attention! Our fans keep us going and it's great to see you so excited to hear us again. It makes it all worth it.

Oh btw, that's me selling the $14.99 versions on eBay with free shipping.

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

http://www.BansheeRocks.com

So will the people who already purchased the CDR's be compensated with the silver pressed when they come available?

I'd like this addressed as well. Shelling out 15 bucks for a CDR & then finding out a silver pressing is on the way just adds insult to injury as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Banshee
So will the people who already purchased the CDR's be compensated with the silver pressed when they come available?

I'd like this addressed as well. Shelling out 15 bucks for a CDR & then finding out a silver pressing is on the way just adds insult to injury as far as I'm concerned.

Yea, I'll post here when they become available and we'll get you silver pressed replacements (1 per address). As long as our shipping costs are covered, it's worth it to keep you guys happy.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

Yea, I'll post here when they become available and we'll get you silver pressed replacements (1 per address). As long as our shipping costs are covered, it's worth it to keep you guys happy.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

That sounds like the honorable thing to do. B)

Good call, Terry ! :drink: Then I will wait with my order until the silver-pressed versions are ready to ship.

Hopefully you will send them to Germany as well ??

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

That sounds like the honorable thing to do. B)

Agreed, plus I think it's good that Terry came on here and came clean with the whole deal. Doesn't sound like there was any malicious intent. :)

I am still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. The question I have is what do I do with them? Do I return to sender for a refund? Do I hold on to them unopened? Do I open them and listen to them and exchange them once the silver pressed ones become available?

Rick

So I bought all 3 thinking they were silver pressed in his statement they will replace them when the silver pressed ones come available 1 question when will they will become available? and 2 it states 1 per address since I bought all 3 does it mean that I can get only 1 replaced will I be able to purchase the other 2? Ihope they silver press alot of them most especially their 1st one my feeling is that it will sell the most since it has never been on cd well we'll wait and see.

My question is this...if the band had these made and they sound great what is

the diff in silver pressed and cdr? Sound? Value? I mean I see if some Joe Blow is selling

shit he burned from his computer, but these were done at a CD duping plant right (?)

and the Band is approving them right (?)..just a question...and In no way am I

trying to piss anyone off..I'm just curious. Is there a Big difference?

the diff in silver pressed and cdr? Sound? Value? I mean I see if some Joe Blow is selling

shit he burned from his computer, but these were done at a CD duping plant right (?)

WOW ! Daring questions .... ! :popcorn:

:lol:

I also am curious as to the difference. It must be very slim from what was described above.

Guest Banshee
So I bought all 3 thinking they were silver pressed in his statement they will replace them when the silver pressed ones come available 1 question when will they will become available? and 2 it states 1 per address since I bought all 3 does it mean that I can get only 1 replaced will I be able to purchase the other 2? Ihope they silver press alot of them most especially their 1st one my feeling is that it will sell the most since it has never been on cd well we'll wait and see.

By 1 per address, I meant 1 of each CD ordered. We have had a few people buy as many as 5 of each. So you will be eligible to get 1 of each of the silver pressed CDs as long as you ordered 1 of each already.

We do intend to press a lot of them, especially after the Rocklahoma show. With merchandising sales at the festival we will have the funds to order quite a few and we will restock as demand dictates. We don't intend to slip away. Our intentions are actually to finish work on one or two albums I've already started laying tracks for...

It's looking as if mid-August is when we will have the new CDs here and ready to ship.

For those who don't want both copies; listen to them, you can share them with a friend, enjoy them until the silver pressed become available or sell them on eBay if you choose.

Thanks!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

Guest Banshee

I'm curious too. ;)

Actually, I did not really realize there was a major difference. We didn't make these at home on our laptops. We went to a studio and digitally mastered everything again and used a professional CD manufacturer to have them produced. The newer CDR manufacturing processes seem to be just as durable as silver pressed, but in the past I know they were not. So, I suppose that has a lingering effect on people's opinions.

There are die hard music afficianados out there who just prefer the silver pressed. This is their right and we will respect that, but if I am missing something, let me know.

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

By 1 per address, I meant 1 of each CD ordered. We have had a few people buy as many as 5 of each.

Hi Terry

I'm guessing the reason that people bought was multiples was becasue many were buying for people like me.... not based in the US. I arranged for a US resident to order them for me and then forward them onto me here in Australia (as the website said that you woulndt mail overseas at this stage).

So if he ordered say 3 copies of each disc.. say one for himself, one for me and one for another friend... the only ones that will be replaced would be his copies (and I'd be stuck with my cdrs)? Is this correct?

I'm curious too. ;)

Actually, I did not really realize there was a major difference. We didn't make these at home on our laptops. We went to a studio and digitally mastered everything again and used a professional CD manufacturer to have them produced. The newer CDR manufacturing processes seem to be just as durable as silver pressed, but in the past I know they were not. So, I suppose that has a lingering effect on people's opinions.

There are die hard music afficianados out there who just prefer the silver pressed. This is their right and we will respect that, but if I am missing something, let me know.

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

This is a topic that's been discussed ad infinitum at the board...the short answer is that some people just prefer silver pressed cd's to CDR media. Now when you get into the reasons for that preference, that's where it gets complicated. Personally, it's like you said...there's a stigma attached to CDR's as being "cheap". Durability is a major factor for me, as well.

By the way, kudos to you for coming to the board to explain the situation & offering a solution. Very cool of you. :drink:

I don't want to get my balls chewed off and to each their own for sure, but I definitely see what Eric's saying. Yeah, if given the choice of course everyone wants a 100% "proper" silver pressed CD but I have to admit I have about 50 Retrospect CDs and I look at the bottom of the disc and it's silver enough to me and at the end of the day I couldn't care less. :lol: As I said, to each their own and I can understand where you guys are coming from, but I am often know to roll with it and just enjoy the tunes. :tumbsup:

Guest Banshee
By 1 per address, I meant 1 of each CD ordered. We have had a few people buy as many as 5 of each.

Hi Terry

I'm guessing the reason that people bought was multiples was becasue many were buying for people like me.... not based in the US. I arranged for a US resident to order them for me and then forward them onto me here in Australia (as the website said that you woulndt mail overseas at this stage).

So if he ordered say 3 copies of each disc.. say one for himself, one for me and one for another friend... the only ones that will be replaced would be his copies (and I'd be stuck with my cdrs)? Is this correct?

No, you and your friend will be okay.

I remember that specific order in fact, as he told me why he was buying multiples and where they were going. That won't be an issue. I'm only trying to prevent people from exploiting the offer, that's all.

Thanks!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

I'm curious too. ;)

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

This is a topic that's been discussed ad infinitum at the board...the short answer is that some people just prefer silver pressed cd's to CDR media. Now when you get into the reasons for that preference, that's where it gets complicated. Personally, it's like you said...there's a stigma attached to CDR's as being "cheap". Durability is a major factor for me, as well.

By the way, kudos to you for coming to the board to explain the situation & offering a solution. Very cool of you. :drink:

I think another reason is that anyone can make a CD-R, but they can't make a silver pressed CD. It is true that the quality of CD-Rs has improved, but that's just another reason. Lots of times I already have a CD-R of an out of print CD, so why would I buy another CD-R.

Hi Terry

I remember that specific order in fact, as he told me why he was buying multiples and where they were going. That won't be an issue. I'm only trying to prevent people from exploiting the offer, that's all.

Thanks!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

Thanks. :banger:

Hi Terry

Thanks!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

Terry, I think you are doing a super job keeping everyone informed.....looking forward to the silver pressings but am really enjoying these at the moment....thanks! Mike