Not necessarily a bad seller

I haven't done much eBaying recently because between the problem's I had getting Mick Rowe's CD and now the problem getting one of Jamie Rowe's CDs (maybe I should just not buy the Rowe brothers on eBay).

The seller rpm4music, who has a very good rating, was paid the minute I purchased the CD (can't recall if it was buy it now or I won it). Just as I did with Mick Rowe himself, I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt (especially since it was an overseas purchase). When I finally got worried (4 weeks after I paid for it), I emailed the seller to ask if it went out late, if int'l purchase naturally took this long, or if I should worry that it was not in my hands yet. I never received a reply.

From that point, between emails and contacting through eBay, I've tried to contact the seller probably 4 or 5 times. No dice. So, I'm putting this name out there for the HH community. Maybe some of you know this person. (Heck, maybe one of you ARE this person!) But, the seller continues to sell items, so, I have no conclusion left to draw but the person does not want to contact me.

I've contacted eBay. I know I can't get my money back. That's not much of a problem. I'm pissed, but not going to sweat it that bad. I'll just not buy from eBay for a long time again. But, I think the seller is very remiss in their duties by not even contacting me. The thing is, I never asked them to fix the problem. Only for details and advice. I never was combative or derogatory in my comments/questions. I don't feel I did anything close to what would constitute behavior that would cause someone to not write the buyer back.

When I wrote for a phone number, eBay said they were going to pursue this. I never intended to cause any trouble for the seller (not that I care much at this point either), but, whether they do anything or not, doesn't much matter. I was going to try to call when I said "WTF am I going to waste more money on calling overseas for? This idiot has already stolen money from me. It's HIS (her?) job to get in touch with me at this point." Probably a lazy attitude to take, but, maybe I'll do enough damage to his rep (since I didn't leave negative feedback hoping the seller would contact me and resolve this situation).

I doubt they would, but if anyone doubts this, I have ALL of the emails (and some eBay messages) regarding this item. Not that it matters (since I didn't get the item or any return contact), but the seller did leave positive feedback right after I paid.

Here's a link to the item, if anyone's interested:

eBay link

As a seller myself on E Bay, my first thought is "big huge NO NO when you do not reply to e mail inquiries".

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people will not reply to inquiries..........

If it is too much of a hassle......THEN DON'T SELL OR BUY ON E BAY.

Communication is the #1 tool for a successful and easy transaction.

Just my thoughts on the matter.............

As a seller myself on E Bay, my first thought is "big huge NO NO when you do not reply to e mail inquiries".

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people will not reply to inquiries..........

If it is too much of a hassle......THEN DON'T SELL OR BUY ON E BAY.

Communication is the #1 tool for a successful and easy transaction.

I agree Delbert!

I even came across one seller that said that if the listing price was less than $10, they would not reply to inquiries.

Jay, if you paid with your credit card, you can let your credit card co. know you never received the item & they'll do the chargeback.

• 2023 Gold Donors

He/she doesn't sound like a neceesarily good seller either, if they don't respond to your emails. I don't think you should have to presistently have to ask for information. As Delbert very correctly pointed out, communication is essential, and not just when buying from a person overseas, IMO! If they won't respond it doesn't leave you with much recourse. Maybe if we all flood them with emails, that'll get their attention faster.....just a little food for thought. I hope you get the CD that you've paid for! :)

He/she doesn't sound like a neceesarily good seller either, if they don't respond to your emails. I don't think you should have to presistently have to ask for information. As Delbert very correctly pointed out, communication is essential, and not just when buying from a person overseas, IMO! If they won't respond it doesn't leave you with much recourse. Maybe if we all flood them with emails, that'll get their attention faster.....just a little food for thought. I hope you get the CD that you've paid for! :)

You know, that's not a bad idea. But, maybe rather than flood them with emails, just start posting these threads wherever we post. Send a link with the thread to the seller and say "if a response isn't given in 48 hours, everyone from this board is going to post this on another board. You'll end up with so much bad press, you're business is bound to take a hit."

It'd be nice if people would run their businesses so this was a moot point, but, we know that's certainly never going to happen.

You know, that's not a bad idea. But, maybe rather than flood them with emails, just start posting these threads wherever we post. Send a link with the thread to the seller and say "if a response isn't given in 48 hours, everyone from this board is going to post this on another board. You'll end up with so much bad press, you're business is bound to take a hit."

It'd be nice if people would run their businesses so this was a moot point, but, we know that's certainly never going to happen.

I did that to a seller once....he would not respond to many of the e-mails that I kept sending him regarding a purchase.After about 4-5 days of no response I sent him an e-mail approx every 15 min. or so.It was a pain in the ass but I finally got an answer.....and by the the seller was not happy..... :lol:

When I wrote for a phone number, eBay said they were going to pursue this.

WTF is up with that? I thought that if you were involved in a transaction, ebay would automatically provide you with contact information if needed. I would pursue the damn chargeback on principle!

This is one of the reasons that I ignore all auctions that do not accept PayPal. If I pay with check, money order, or cash, I have no recourse whatsoever. If I pay with PayPal, I get 45 days to file a dispute if the merchandise doesn't arrive.

Now, there's no guarantee that the seller won't simply empty his PayPal account, in which case PayPal won't be able to recover the funds. That's why for any purchase over $50, unless I've bought from the same seller previously, I pay with a credit card rather than PayPal balance. That way, if PayPal can't recover the funds, or for some inane reason decides against me (I've had this happen on SNAD [significantly Not As Described] claims), I can then file a chargeback with my credit card company and PayPal ends up eating it instead of me.

It can get a little complicated, since PayPal will not allow you to pay via credit card if you have any funds in your PayPal balance.

Solution: Have multiple PayPal accounts. PayPal allows you to have 1 premier account and 1 personal account (back when I signed up they allowed you to have multiple Premier accounts, so I have 2 Premier accounts). When I want to pay via credit card and have a positive account balance, I send all the funds over to my second account, thus zeroing the balance in my main account, then pay for the transaction with a credit card, then I refund the transaction on my secondary account, sending the money back to my main account with nothing lost in PayPal fees.

-Dan

Didn't pay by credit card. Well over 2 months. Between laziness and desire for no more lost money and time, I don't really care to follow any more avenues to try to recover my money or the disc other than getting the seller to answer my email.

I'm going to send the link to this thread to the seller and ask for a response before I release the hounds (and have this thread posted everywhere). I don't think that's too unreasonable. Anyone else?

Dan

Just as a bit of info.......when I pay with paypal and have a positive account balance, the default payment method is my paypal account balance. If I do not have a positive balance in my paypal account, the payment is then defaulted to my bank account. However, I always have the option to select the "Payment Source" whether it be deducted from my paypal account, bank account or credit card on file with paypal.

Delbert

I know the seller. RPM music are - among rock circles - a pretty reputable rock/metal store in the UK, who have a store in the North & operate on-line. I understand they are selling up totally, so have had huge auctions on eBay/GEMM etc to sell off their products reasonably cheaply. I've bought a few things & have had no probs, & some of my friends have been regular customers (Jez & Wotty have bought from them too I think). Want me to drop them a line? Not responding to emails is pretty poor business, & if they were aware of the widespread damage they were doing to their business by simply not communicating with customers they ought to be told about it....

I know the seller. RPM music are - among rock circles - a pretty reputable rock/metal store in the UK, who have a store in the North & operate on-line. I understand they are selling up totally, so have had huge auctions on eBay/GEMM etc to sell off their products reasonably cheaply. I've bought a few things & have had no probs, & some of my friends have been regular customers (Jez & Wotty have bought from them too I think). Want me to drop them a line? Not responding to emails is pretty poor business, & if they were aware of the widespread damage they were doing to their business by simply not communicating with customers they ought to be told about it....

If that wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! :drink:

(The transaction number is 4856047569.)

Solution: Have multiple PayPal accounts. PayPal allows you to have 1 premier account and 1 personal account (back when I signed up they allowed you to have multiple Premier accounts, so I have 2 Premier accounts). When I want to pay via credit card and have a positive account balance, I send all the funds over to my second account, thus zeroing the balance in my main account, then pay for the transaction with a credit card, then I refund the transaction on my secondary account, sending the money back to my main account with nothing lost in PayPal fees.

-Dan

Why not just empty your paypal account & then fund the purchase with a credit card or bank account? That's what I do.

Guest Richard Epps

-Dan

Why not just empty your paypal account & then fund the purchase with a credit card or bank account? That's what I do.

First post here but hope this helps:

R P M

2A Spark Street

Longwood

Huddersfield

HD3 4XB

Tel : 01484-643392

Email : mark.rpm@btinternet.com

Mark Owen is the guys name business started to wind up last summer I had to chase big time for 2 cds from them ended phoning everyday but I am in the UK which helps.

I havnt used again as not responding is downright rude!!!

First post here but hope this helps:

R P M

2A Spark Street

Longwood

Huddersfield

HD3 4XB

Tel : 01484-643392

Email : mark.rpm@btinternet.com

Mark Owen is the guys name business started to wind up last summer I had to chase big time for 2 cds from them ended phoning everyday but I am in the UK which helps.

I havnt used again as not responding is downright rude!!!

Hey, thanks for the info. That story gives me a little hope that I may still see my London Calling disc................................................. someday.

-Dan

Because PayPal balances currently earn 4.73% interest, far better than my bank account...

Also, funding with a bank account offers you no protection, only credit card does.

-Dan

• 2023 Gold Donors
I haven't done much eBaying recently because between the problem's I had getting Mick Rowe's CD and now the problem getting one of Jamie Rowe's CDs (maybe I should just not buy the Rowe brothers on eBay).

The seller rpm4music, who has a very good rating, was paid the minute I purchased the CD (can't recall if it was buy it now or I won it). Just as I did with Mick Rowe himself, I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt (especially since it was an overseas purchase). When I finally got worried (4 weeks after I paid for it), I emailed the seller to ask if it went out late, if int'l purchase naturally took this long, or if I should worry that it was not in my hands yet. I never received a reply.

From that point, between emails and contacting through eBay, I've tried to contact the seller probably 4 or 5 times. No dice. So, I'm putting this name out there for the HH community. Maybe some of you know this person. (Heck, maybe one of you ARE this person!) But, the seller continues to sell items, so, I have no conclusion left to draw but the person does not want to contact me.

I've contacted eBay. I know I can't get my money back. That's not much of a problem. I'm pissed, but not going to sweat it that bad. I'll just not buy from eBay for a long time again. But, I think the seller is very remiss in their duties by not even contacting me. The thing is, I never asked them to fix the problem. Only for details and advice. I never was combative or derogatory in my comments/questions. I don't feel I did anything close to what would constitute behavior that would cause someone to not write the buyer back.

When I wrote for a phone number, eBay said they were going to pursue this. I never intended to cause any trouble for the seller (not that I care much at this point either), but, whether they do anything or not, doesn't much matter. I was going to try to call when I said "WTF am I going to waste more money on calling overseas for? This idiot has already stolen money from me. It's HIS (her?) job to get in touch with me at this point." Probably a lazy attitude to take, but, maybe I'll do enough damage to his rep (since I didn't leave negative feedback hoping the seller would contact me and resolve this situation).

I doubt they would, but if anyone doubts this, I have ALL of the emails (and some eBay messages) regarding this item. Not that it matters (since I didn't get the item or any return contact), but the seller did leave positive feedback right after I paid.

Here's a link to the item, if anyone's interested:

eBay link

I would like to add/say that I applaud you, hsf! I realize it probably isn't all about the amount of money for the cd, nor wanting to make this into an 'get 'em' kinda thing, save not getting further action. ;) Simply getting what you won, paid for and want to enjoy! Best of luck! :drink:

I would like to add/say that I applaud you, hsf! I realize it probably isn't all about the amount of money for the cd, nor wanting to make this into an 'get 'em' kinda thing, save not getting further action. ;) Simply getting what you won, paid for and want to enjoy! Best of luck! :drink:

Hey, thanks Amp! Yeah, all I want is my item with the least amount of work possible. I mean, the hard work was earning the money to pay for it. That should be all you have to do. Sadly, it's just not enough with some sellers.

Appreciate the kind words! :drink:

... and if all else fails, go to his auctions and purchase every 'buy it now' option he has, and I'm sure he'll contact you.

LOL! I love it! :rofl2:

(But, that'd make me as bad as he, so, I wouldn't do that.................. much as I'd love to!)

I'm not taking sides here, but I will say that I've had many problems with inquiries from people with AOL e-mail accounts when I reply to them. I usually get an e-mail back that it was rejected or whatever. So, I have this disclosure in all of my auctions:

Please e-mail me with ANY questions you may have regarding this item. I try to respond ASAP. For those people who use AOhell... I mean AOL, make sure you have your e-mail set up to accept responses from eBay as well as Sellers. I've had many problems in the past with my responses being rejected by AOL.

This also goes for buying. I've send numerous e-mails to sellers and get nothing back, sometimes, I've even known the sellers.

On Jay's side, I also agree that if you're going to sell, but not communicate with posible buyers, get the fuck off ebay. Not responding is the first sign to a buyer that they're dealing with a total prick who doesn't feel the need to communicate. it also would tell me that they possibly have something to hide. <_<

But I heard you were 'BAD'...

Apparently you like Marvelous3... now that is BAD!

Why, WHy, WHY is it that people feel the need to fuck with my Butch Walker fix? Is it not enough that after hearing sound clips of the new album on Sonymusicstore.com that I'm not as impressed as I'd hoped I'd be (at least after a few less than stellar tracks I'd hear)? Go ahead, I'm used to being kicked while I'm down. I had a mean response all typed out, but the head got the better of the heart (this time!) and I erased it.

Hey, thanks for the kind words Ty. Also, even if the seller were unable to contact you, you would have to be able to be contacted through your eBay message system, correct. And if you had AOHell, you'd have to enable message capability from eBay, wouldn't you? (If you had blocked all addresses in the first place. I mean, if you hadn't done that, it's highly unlikely you'd have blocked that seller's particular address (or his email service) specifically and then gone ahead and purchased drom them.) ...................... OK, I just confused myself there. That means it's time to take a break. LOL

Why, WHy, WHY is it that people feel the need to fuck with my Butch Walker fix?

Hey, I laid off, just like I promised I would, so you can't blame me anymore! :) And for the record, no, I did not pay Glam Junkie to poke at your sore spot... :hammer:

Why, WHy, WHY is it that people feel the need to fuck with my Butch Walker fix?

Hey, I laid off, just like I promised I would, so you can't blame me anymore! :) And for the record, no, I did not pay Glam Junkie to poke at your sore spot... :hammer:

Who's Butch Walker? :P