OZZY OSBOURNE POLL- FAVORITE ALBUM BY GUITAR PLAYER

OZZY - FAVORITE ALBUM  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Piece'a cake...

Randy - Blizzard of Ozz

Jake - Bark at the Moon

Zakk- No More Tears

Pick your favorite Ozzy album from each guitar players era.

Mine are:

Rhoads- Diary of a Madman

Lee- Ultimate Sin

Wylde- No Rest for the Wicked

Same here - the best of the best IMO

for me

Diary

Bark just wish I can get the vinyl version on cd, the newer cd sucks, has new guitar parts at times, terrible, remixed, why do they do this??

Tears

for me

Diary

Bark just wish I can get the vinyl version on cd, the newer cd sucks, has new guitar parts at times, terrible, remixed, why do they do this??

Tears

The BARK CD is remixed & partially re-recorded cuz Sharon Osborne wants to screw the original musicians out of their royalties! They asked for the $$ that they were owed for back royalties and when they got nowhere, they threatened to sue. Sharon and the Osbourne organization countered by erasing their tracks and having Ozzy's then-current bassist and drummer re-record those parts. Nice huh? And she wonders why so many people hate her guts...

for me

Diary

Tears

The BARK CD is remixed & partially re-recorded cuz Sharon Osborne wants to screw the original musicians out of their royalties! They asked for the $$ that they were owed for back royalties and when they got nowhere, they threatened to sue. Sharon and the Osbourne organization countered by erasing their tracks and having Ozzy's then-current bassist and drummer re-record those parts. Nice huh? And she wonders why so many people hate her guts...

I thought that was only on Blizzard and Diary. Because that was Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley that they were screwing over. I know Bob played on Bark but Lee didn't. They just recently recorded most of the songs off of Blizzard on their project 'Living Loud" project with Steve Morse and Don Airey from Deep Purple.

for me

Diary

Tears

I thought that was only on Blizzard and Diary. Because that was Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley that they were screwing over. I know Bob played on Bark but Lee didn't. They just recently recorded most of the songs off of Blizzard on their project 'Living Loud" project with Steve Morse and Don Airey from Deep Purple.

Sounds like you know more about it than I do H&H... I remember hearing the story about Lee and Bob (sounds like a British comedy team doesn't it?) but couldn't remember off the top of my head which CDs were re-dubbed, I could be wrong (I sometimes am... just not often, heh heh)

Bark is definately redubbed, no question about that, I listened to the new cd and the vinyl today, keys r very high in the mix and some of the signature leads in a few songs are not there, and there r new leads here and there, listen back to back, just terrible,

not sure of the storyon Bark, but definately redone, just bad!!!!

for me

Diary

Tears

Sounds like you know more about it than I do H&H... I remember hearing the story about Lee and Bob (sounds like a British comedy team doesn't it?) but couldn't remember off the top of my head which CDs were re-dubbed, I could be wrong (I sometimes am... just not often, heh heh)

Bob has always hated the fact that Randy gets all the credit for helping Ozzy jump start his solo career, and he has been quoted as saying that Ozzy didn't write any of the songs on the first two albums. He claims that he wrote the lyrics and the melody lines. People don't realize that Bob had been in Rainbow and Lee had been in Uriah Heep ( and still is ) for a long time. Instead it's like those two guys never existed. As soon as Sharon had the chance in came Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge and out went the old English guys.

DIARY OF A MADMAN.

BARK AT THE MOON.

NO MORE TEARS.

Blizzard Of Ozz - Brilliant album

Bark At The Moon

No More Tears

Bark is definately redubbed, no question about that, I listened to the new cd and the vinyl today, keys r very high in the mix and some of the signature leads in a few songs are not there, and there r new leads here and there, listen back to back, just terrible,

not sure of the storyon Bark, but definately redone, just bad!!!!

I had no idea the '02 Bark was tweaked, but I found a review on Amazon that was pretty in depth about it:

Remix of CD is cohesive and modern,but is it what fans want?, February 21, 2003

Reviewer: Bill M. "bill_m1" (MA, USA) - See all my reviews

The 2002 remastered "Bark at the Moon" CD is actually more of a remix than a remaster. Needless to say, a side by side comparison will show that the music itself (not just the tonal quality) sounds different from all previous releases of this album. If you're a young fan who's brand new to Ozzy's music and thus have never really heard the "Bark at the Moon" album, you might like this somewhat modern-sounding remix. Otherwise, if you're a long-time fan who knows the original album inside and out, you may be totally repulsed by the difference in the CD's music.

Ozzy re-re-released his first two solo albums on CD in 2002, but without any mention on the outside packaging that they were actually RE-RECORDINGS done with different musicians! In an attempt to get out of paying royalties to the musicians who played on the original album, Ozzy had the original bass and drum tracks re-recorded by his current band mates. (Quite an insulting way to treat the remaining band who not only made the late Randy Rhodes' a legend, but also helped bring Ozzy out of Black Sabbath's shadow -- if not reverse that situation entirely.)

The 2002 "Bark at the Moon" CD is essentially a remix of the 1983 original, not a re-recording. But you'd have no way of knowing from reading the outside packaging or even the CD booklet. In and of itself, the remixed album admittedly sounds rather good in places. Although in a few other places it sounds like Ozzy's singing behind a wall (which is not an uncommon side effect found on badly produced metal albums). Overall the CD music is very cohesive sounding, unlike what you get when you, oh say, try to re-record drums. Here there's a little more boominess, different guitar and drum fills, more rhythm guitar and less keyboards. It's now a somewhat modern-sounding metal album.

But is this what people expect when they buy a "remaster"? For the long-time Ozzy fans: please be aware that this simply isn't the same "Bark at the Moon" you bought in the 80s! If, like me, you've become very familiar with "Bark at the Moon" after years of listening, then listening to the remixed album might come as a shock. Not that it's been remixed as a dance album or anything extreme like that, but gone are all those little fills and solos your ears have come to learn. The bell tolling at the start of "Center of Eternity" sounds like it's been shifted down an octave, like somebody throwing a rock at a pot of water.

If you still need a replacement for your scratchy vinyl or warbled cassette copy of "Bark At The Moon", try to get the 1995 remaster instead. It will sound like what a remastered CD should sound like: just as you remembered it musically, but with superior audio quality.

cool Blue, I wonder who or which players rerecorded some leads on Bark, cause of the little filler leads here and there suck bad, another sucky thing is, there r no copies of the orig Bark, well, maybe somewhere???? hahaa

cool Blue, I wonder who or which players rerecorded some leads on Bark, cause of the little filler leads here and there suck bad, another sucky thing is, there r no copies of the orig Bark, well, maybe somewhere???? hahaa

II would say grab the first remastered version:

ozzybark.jpg

They are oop but still fairly common, you should be able to find one pretty cheap with little or no problem.

Easy to get and fairly cheap - got mine from Amazon for $5 as I only had the original vinyl and the new 2002 Remixed version. I also picked up the '95 Remaster of 'Diary Of A Madman', as again I only had the vinyl and the Re-recorded 2002 CD version!!!

There is quite a difference in places between the 2 'Bark' releases when you play them back to back!!!!

Blizzard

Ultimate Sin

No More Tears

• 1 year later...