Ten Seconds Over Tokyo CD world tour

Nick C

Where is Widda's pic?? :quagmire:

I didn't get a decent one ...decent enough to post. the closest i can say is..that it sat on my dresser for months..and it saw some interesting things ;):tits:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today!

Went up to Todmorden this morning and they have a market on like they do more often than not when I visit. There was the usual couple of second hand CD stalls there with the usual stuff.....but then something caught my as I was pawing through a small box of CD's (not even at a regular CD stall just all sort of stuff toys, glassware e.t.c.). Through a well weathered CD cover glared a completely bright green CD cover...how could this happen to the same guy twice ......I approached with caution, slowly pickin it up...almost in awe.....yes it was there ... staring me in the face laughing at me ... laughing at my very corrupted and decayed destiny.

TEN SECONDS OVER TOKYO

I almost wept....no price, "How Much?"

The lady seemed pretty non chalant, she gave it a quick once over "20p?" I guess the state of the case made her drop the price so low as it was fucked but the CD was in good shape as was the sleeve and inserts.

On the way home I took The Darkness out of my player and put it on.......and you know what a great big beam went straight across my face, and what's more....maybe it's my age or maybe I just wanted to give the CD more of a chance...but I really REALLLLLLY enjoyed the tunes coming out of the speakers.

So I've just lovingly packed it into a new sleeve and this time it's gonna be a keeper. I hope it's brother is having a great time seeing the world but it's time for me to rock and today this CD is providing the required daily dose of kick butt!

This comment is already in the Dumpster Diving thread ......so if you read it again it ain't deja vu!!!

Then Ye shall have proof in a few minutes, took a pic of the CD next to this thread with the "I don't believe you" comment in view just on my way to photobucket

You know Nick, when it was my turn to hold and caress the cd I never even bothered to listen to it. Maybe I should have. :lol:

You know Nick, when it was my turn to hold and caress the cd I never even bothered to listen to it. Maybe I should have. :lol:

It was either that or a Datsuns CD ... I went for a legend, besides that the Datsuns CD had a few light scratches.

It was either that or a Datsuns CD ... I went for a legend, besides that the Datsuns CD had a few light scratches.

Nick runs the same anti virus that i do ;)

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....beerbarrow...... Man I picked the wrong millenium to quite drinking...

Nice job Wes and Co., Pete I'm digging the Dio-esque pirate shirt your sporting!! :)

I will not be posting my lame ass pic after this!

Alright, the request was made so here it is...

TSOTpix003.jpg

tsotmatt, I listened to your disc and I was hard pressed to let it go..

If you got any discs laying about or any other swag let me know, the monstrous fanboy that I am has a space in the wall of fame for your disc (s) autographed pix, etc...

Terry

:)

sadly we were pretty well screwed by the label. we each got one copy of the disc, I bought extras in stores or later on eBay. I have one of each of the various shirts we did before we were signed. Sorry, nothing to pass on.

side note: the CD doesn't really represent how we sounded live. After we were done tracking the songs we were cut out of the process and never heard the finished product until the day before release. They added keyboards to songs that never had them and the mix is terrible IMHO.

sadly we were pretty well screwed by the label. we each got one copy of the disc, I bought extras in stores or later on eBay. I have one of each of the various shirts we did before we were signed. Sorry, nothing to pass on.

side note: the CD doesn't really represent how we sounded live. After we were done tracking the songs we were cut out of the process and never heard the finished product until the day before release. They added keyboards to songs that never had them and the mix is terrible IMHO.

Had to ask. :)

Any of the live recordings floating around or alt mixes that can be uploaded, I would be curious to hear the "live" versions compared to the released mixes?

Thanks for the reply.

TSOTpix003.jpg

I know this is off topic, but I need a storage place like Terry :bowdown:

It looks like wood and brackets, but very uniformed..

Thanks brother, I need a bigger room...

All it takes is some 1x4 pine and some metal track and shelf brackets and viola, wall to wall, floor to ceiling cd's. :dance:

I'll qualify my statement. "Little Man" was the one that suffered the most punishment. We didn't envision all the strings and fake choirs, we were a four piece rock band. Some of the early material had keys, but not over the top like that. The overall production was just "not us". All the big reverb just made for a mushy mix in my opinion.

I'm trying to salvage some cassette live recordings. They are board tapes, so not truly representative either, but closer. If anything is decent, I'll let you know.

Here ya go ... a bit blurry, plus if I use the camera flash the reflection glares across the PC screen....please note folks, this isn't the one a travellin'

ten seconds

tenseconds.jpg

Brilliant.

I have to be honest - I really can't remember if I listened to the disc at all when it was my turn. :(

For some reason, I never thought to take TSOT with me to any of the whole 4 shows I've gone to this year. Sadly, I've gone nowhere else interesting. So, last night, TSOT was supposed to go to the Kip Winger acoustic show in Pittsburgh. Only one little snag; that rat bastard canceled the show with no warning, so it was, in essence a wasted trip. (Other than the supplementary factors that made it not a wasted trip.)

Luckily, TSOT went to dinner with us before the show.

TSOTburger.jpg

(Red Robin in Cranberry, PA)

Now, who's next in line and taking this thing. I've had it for months!

For some reason, I never thought to take TSOT with me to any of the whole 4 shows I've gone to this year. Sadly, I've gone nowhere else interesting. So, last night, TSOT was supposed to go to the Kip Winger acoustic show in Pittsburgh. Only one little snag; that rat bastard canceled the show with no warning, so it was, in essence a wasted trip. (Other than the supplementary factors that made it not a wasted trip.)

Luckily, TSOT went to dinner with us before the show.

TSOTburger.jpg

(Red Robin in Cranberry, PA)

Now, who's next in line and taking this thing. I've had it for months!

:lol: Lucky CD. How good does that meal look? He'll be well replenished for his next journey.

OK, it's time I put myself up for public ridicule, I have a thick skin, I can take it. You can say what you will about the boots. Not sure what I was thinking or why my wife let me out of the house looking like that. But I never did anything to be "Cool".

Be sure to check out the other two videos. Johnny was shot for the label to use as they were shopping for distribution. Considering they never dropped a penny for a video after the CD came out they should have used it for promo.

Matt, if the rest of the crew are OK with this, shoot me an address to send the disc to and I'll do just that.

(Does the tour end with that or does the autographed disc continue its world travels?)

Has a map been made detailing all of the discs travels? (I remember a few years back, there was a website where people could go and sign up and everyone that logged in got a pin on the world map. Could we do something like that? I think it'd be cool if we could each print a map out showing where the disc traveled. TSOT could print one out, put a disc in, some artwork, and make a nice framed print. If they were so inclined. haha)

Do we even have a list?