Poley / Rivera

66 mustang

anyone got this yet?

I'll be honest...I have been a huge critic of Poley since the Bone Machine albums but this cd is absolutely awesome! I expected nothing and got everything. I think everyone is going to really enjoy this cd.

Is it just a continuation of the two recent Poley solo albums?

NO...if that was the case I would have said it sounded like poo...this is more like Bone Machine meets Adriangale to me.

anyone got this yet?

I'll be honest...I have been a huge critic of Poley since the Bone Machine albums but this cd is absolutely awesome! I expected nothing and got everything. I think everyone is going to really enjoy this cd.

NO...if that was the case I would have said it sounded like poo...this is more like Bone Machine meets Adriangale to me.

Well i like the past two Poley releases, and i like Adriangale... so i guess thats good..

anyone got this yet?

Well i like the past two Poley releases, and i like Adriangale... so i guess thats good..

The review that Skid did over at Sleazeroxx.com makes it sound very good. :tumbsup:

Yeah, heard it this morning and it's a good one. There is some really excellent stuff here like 'Top Of The World', 'Did We Just Have A Moment' and 'Insanity' (all early tracks).

Aside from a really awful first track - 'Keep on fighting' is crap! - the first half is really good. It does fade off a bit as the album goes on, although I've not heard the last two tracks yet as I had a quick run into work.

Rivera is a gem of the genre at the moment and the killer music and production really helps Ted shine here. Definitely one of his best CDs since D2. I just wish he'd carry over the sound like this to his solo albums...

For the first time ever I think I'm gonna skip a project with Poley on it. I loved "Collateral Damage" and "Smile" but am just not excited at all by these 3 tunes (the first one is horrible)....

For the first time ever I think I'm gonna skip a project with Poley on it. I loved "Collateral Damage" and "Smile" but am just not excited at all by these 3 tunes (the first one is horrible)....

It is shocking, hey? Overall, though, it's really a pretty good disc. A lot better than the Pleasure Dome one. But yeah, song-wise it's not really anywhere near as good as the two solo albums, as I found out last night on second spin. But still, good solid album.

having bought this at firefest as andrew mcniece bought in 50 copies......... i'm still dissapointed with this release, overall it sounds very un poley... kinda like what you'd expect hard rock album from the mid 90's toi sound like... it;s got a negative dark vibe that i can't stand...... and there' just the 1 solid track..

poley / rivera sounds like an album vic wanted to let out of his song bank to add more room for the better songs he's coming up with...

• 2 weeks later...

It is shocking, hey? Overall, though, it's really a pretty good disc. A lot better than the Pleasure Dome one. But yeah, song-wise it's not really anywhere near as good as the two solo albums, as I found out last night on second spin. But still, good solid album.

I still haven't heard this one or the Pleasure Dome for that matter. :doh:

And speaking of D2 I haven't even heard the Marcello/Vestry which I'm told sounds like D2.

And speaking of D2 I haven't even heard the Marcello/Vestry which I'm told sounds like D2.

Marcello/Vestry is a must.

Pleasure Dome is a must not.

IM unsure of the Poley/Rivera at this stage.

Without a doubt the Marcello/Vestry one is the pick of the bunch... by far.

• 7 years later...

From melodicrock.com:

poleyrivera-onlyhuman.jpg

POLEY/RIVERA Acclaimed Debut 'Only Human' Limited Reissue

The incomprable pairing of TED POLEY (Danger Danger) and VIC RIVERA (Adriangale) have joined forces with MelodicRock Records to bring back from the dead their classic melodic rock debut album POLEY/RIVERA “Only Human”.
THIS IS A STRICTLY LIMITED EDITION ONE-TIME REPRESSING.
There is only 500 worldwide and once sold out, they're gone forever.
BUY NOW - POLEY/RIVERA "Only Human" $15 (+ $5 shipping worldwide). Out September 9.
It may have only produced one record, but their venture delivered a classic for fans of melodic rock – mixing the very best of Danger Danger and Adriangale. It’s wall to wall melodies and harmonies.
The anticipated debut release from Ted Poley (Danger Danger) and Vic Rivera (Adriangale/Crunch) was originally released in November 2008. Unfortunately due to some label issues, the album was never properly promoted or distributed and copies have been few and far between on Ebay, always fetching premium prices.
“Only Human” is a set of classic melodic rock/AOR tunes that will hit the bullseye for long time fans of both Ted and Vic. It is everything one expects from a Ted Poley release, with the added "crunch" of Vic Rivera, showcasing an extra special set of songs.
Said Ted Poley at the time: "Vic and I are very proud of the new CD”; with Vic adding: “We're very proud of the work we've done on this project. It was a labor of love every step of the way, and to finally see it fully realized is a dream come true for us.”
POLEY / RIVERA is:
Ted Poley - Lead Vocals
Vic Rivera - Guitars, Bass, Drums, Vocals

• 2 weeks later...