Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Halloween II" (2009)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX1ywu5Y0a8[/media]

Two years after Rob Zombie's "Halloween," a still-traumatized Laurie Strode tries to get on with her life and Michael Myers continues to pursue her, apparently on orders from the ghost of his dead mother and a white horse (?).

The violence is fabulously brutal as usual, but this movie meanders on waaaaayyy too long for its own good and is pretentious as hell to boot. Sorry, Rob ...Slasher movie fans want to see slashing, we don't want to see a study on the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder on dysfunctional families, or whatever the hell Zombie was trying to portray here.

Avoid.

Haha, I just bought this blu-ray... :(

... For $3.74. :)

Thankfully, I borrowed this flick from the library... so it cost me nothin'.

Mind you I may not have loved Rob Zombie's first Halloween flick, but I didn't totally hate it either... this one, however, is simply a big running sloppy mess from beginning to end...

• My Little Pony

Contagion

A not bad movie about a virus outbreak with a great cast. Not a great movie but not bad either but a little slow but very scary how it happens.

agreed.

I thought it showed very good insight to how the government would react should anything like it happen. I enjoyed it.

Contagion

A not bad movie about a virus outbreak with a great cast. Not a great movie but not bad either but a little slow but very scary how it happens.

agreed.

I thought it showed very good insight to how the government would react should anything like it happen. I enjoyed it.

I bought this recently... just got to get to it.

A Thousand Words - psych. I didn't watch it, but let me explain. I was scanning new releases recently and vomited when I even saw this title, but asked my wife if she'd watch it and she said yeah, so I got it. Fast forward to today when neither of us have any idea what it is, so I put it on the TV and all of a sudden Eddie Murphy is there. I'm not kidding, folk... it was Eddie fucking, Murphy. I almost smashed the TV and the house and then burnt it. But after putting my wife through the rather intense 'Megan Is Missing' yesterday, I was nice and thought I'd take one for the team. Laughing Out Loudlyish, after about 5mins my wife is like, 'Dude, just turn this shit off. Please.' HAHA! Does everyone without exception here agree that Eddie Murphy is the unfunniest, most unwatchable actor in history. As a kid I stupidly was forced to watch one of his films, and then those Beverly Hills Cops ones, but aside from that I have avoided him like the plague. He, Steve Martin and Robin Williams should all have been forcedly banned from ever making movies... ever. F*ck I hate them. Except 'One Hour Photo' with Robin Williams. Great film.

So anyway, we didn't watch this but I can say those five minutes were honestly more disturbing than the 3min rape scene in 'Megan Is Missing.' Sorry, I do know that sounds horrid, and I was really uncomfortable during the said scene yesterday... but this Eddie Murphy movie. Whole new level of torture. :( Somebody put him down, please.

Act Of Valor - been wanting to see this for a while. I thought it was a pretty good, typical kind of war movie... but the action sequences were well done. I guess the thing that really irritated me, and don't worry this is not a spoiler because even a corpse would pick this up immediately... but the thing that really, really annoyed me was the cliche emphasis on one of the soldiers and the fact that he and his wife were expecting their first kid as he went off for his duty. So all you do then is spend the next hour and a half waiting for the inevitable moment he dies - which, of course, he does. Stuff like that really, really irritates me immensely. Why do something so stupidly obvious and well travelled so blatantly? Otherwise, a good enough film.

"Trick r Treat" (2009)

Way-cool "Creepshow" style horror anthology flick centered on a single small town and their big Halloween party; the neatly- interlocking stories include werewolves, a serial killing school principal, and kids who discover the tragic truth behind a local urban legend. Stylish, atmospheric, and grimly funny.

A great way to kick off your Halloween season!

• My Little Pony

Contagion

agreed.

I bought this recently... just got to get to it.

Act Of Valor - been wanting to see this for a while. I thought it was a pretty good, typical kind of war movie... but the action sequences were well done. I guess the thing that really irritated me, and don't worry this is not a spoiler because even a corpse would pick this up immediately... but the thing that really, really annoyed me was the cliche emphasis on one of the soldiers and the fact that he and his wife were expecting their first kid as he went off for his duty. So all you do then is spend the next hour and a half waiting for the inevitable moment he dies - which, of course, he does. Stuff like that really, really irritates me immensely. Why do something so stupidly obvious and well travelled so blatantly? Otherwise, a good enough film.

Wasn't this essentially a glorified recruiting film?

• My Little Pony

Eddie Murphy used to be AMAZING.

Yeah, his shit as of late has been, well, shit. However, I thought he was good in Tower Heist. I thought it was a good return to form.

"Shaun of the Dead" (20004)

When London is overrun by zombies, two slacker roommates must save their nearest and dearest in this horror/comedy hit that never gets old. Action, gore and laughs galore!

Contagion

agreed.

A Thousand Words - psych. I didn't watch it, but let me explain. I was scanning new releases recently and vomited when I even saw this title, but asked my wife if she'd watch it and she said yeah, so I got it. Fast forward to today when neither of us have any idea what it is, so I put it on the TV and all of a sudden Eddie Murphy is there. I'm not kidding, folk... it was Eddie fucking, Murphy. I almost smashed the TV and the house and then burnt it. But after putting my wife through the rather intense 'Megan Is Missing' yesterday, I was nice and thought I'd take one for the team. Laughing Out Loudlyish, after about 5mins my wife is like, 'Dude, just turn this shit off. Please.' HAHA! Does everyone without exception here agree that Eddie Murphy is the unfunniest, most unwatchable actor in history. As a kid I stupidly was forced to watch one of his films, and then those Beverly Hills Cops ones, but aside from that I have avoided him like the plague. He, Steve Martin and Robin Williams should all have been forcedly banned from ever making movies... ever. F*ck I hate them. Except 'One Hour Photo' with Robin Williams. Great film.

and 'Planes Trains & Automobiles' with Steve Martin - I love that film!

Agree about Murphy tho...................................although he did voice 'the donkey' in Shrek quite well I guess. Not that I'd watch Shrek of course............but having children means you are subjected to kiddies films, some of which are great, but many arent!!

Agree about Murphy tho...................................although he did voice 'the donkey' in Shrek quite well I guess. Not that I'd watch Shrek of course............but having children means you are subjected to kiddies films, some of which are great, but many arent!!

I enjoyed Bowfinger and that had both Murphy and Martin in it! :yikes:

Eddie Murphy has been in a lot of bad films. I keep thinking, "this can't go on, surely he has to make a good film eventually" and read the reviews of each new one expecting one of them to say that at last he's in a film that isn't awful. And what happens? Each one gets slated as much as the last. It's quite a run.

He is apparently going to be the voice of Hong Kong Phooey in a film coming out next year. Surely that will be good...?

"Shaun of the Dead" (20004)

[media=]

[/media]

When London is overrun by zombies, two slacker roommates must save their nearest and dearest in this horror/comedy hit that never gets old. Action, gore and laughs galore!

Great movie and a zombie classic.

Dinoshark,yeah i know i shouldn't have but i love this terrible crap for a laugh.

I enjoyed Bowfinger and that had both Murphy and Martin in it! :yikes:

Eddie Murphy has been in a lot of bad films. I keep thinking, "this can't go on, surely he has to make a good film eventually" and read the reviews of each new one expecting one of them to say that at last he's in a film that isn't awful. And what happens? Each one gets slated as much as the last. It's quite a run.

He is apparently going to be the voice of Hong Kong Phooey in a film coming out next year. Surely that will be good...?

Sounds like an immediate winner. Unfortunately, I just don't think there's anything he could do to make a watchable film. He himself, is just unbearable. Poor guy.

I haven't seen "Tower Heist" yet but I'm told it was a bit of a "comeback" for Murphy, I guess we'll see.

He has made some great stuff over the years (I still maintain that his best movie was still his first one, "48 HRS" with Nick Nolte - the scene in the bar full of rednecks is sooooo classic!), but a lot of crap too. I mean, have you seen "The Adventures of Pluto Nash?" "Meet Dave?" "Beverly Hills Cop III?" Good Lord. :yikes:

If it weren't for his voice work in the "Shrek" series, which made a ton of money, he'd probably be doing SyFy Channel Original movies by now.

I haven't seen "Tower Heist" yet but I'm told it was a bit of a "comeback" for Murphy, I guess we'll see.

He has made some great stuff over the years (I still maintain that his best movie was still his first one, "48 HRS" with Nick Nolte - the scene in the bar full of rednecks is sooooo classic!), but a lot of crap too. I mean, have you seen "The Adventures of Pluto Nash?" "Meet Dave?" "Beverly Hills Cop III?" Good Lord. :yikes:

If it weren't for his voice work in the "Shrek" series, which made a ton of money, he'd probably be doing SyFy Channel Original movies by now.

Yeah 48 hrs was good & also Trading Places - then it all fell apart. Beverley Hills Cop was just annoying