Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

For my B-Day the kids took me to see Captain Underpants and I must say it was quite excellent. Very cleverly written with some nice animation. Hart and Middleditch spar nicely and would do well together in future adult endeavors or hell even another Captain Underpants.

Highly recommended.

• My Little Pony

Dunkirk (2017)

Now, I haven't seen every Christopher Nolan film, but I do believe I've seen all his best work. And I'm just gonna say it: this is his finest hour. And forty-seven minutes. ;}

Honestly, it was bloody fantastic! The three different timelines that intertwined, the intensity and suspense, the emotion, the despair. Acting was great. Cinematography was great. Hans Zimmer was phenomenal!

Go see this film!!

My wife wants to see this until she found out Harry Styles is in it. Now she's not so sure.

Is it a big screen movie? ie one that you'd want to see in a cinema

• My Little Pony

My wife wants to see this until she found out Harry Styles is in it. Now she's not so sure.

Is it a big screen movie? ie one that you'd want to see in a cinema

Yes.

It's really a celebration of film, in a sense. It was shot in 65MM film stock. Some of it in IMAX. It's gorgeous!

As for Harry Styles, he was chosen solely based on his audition. Nolan claims he wasn't aware of his stardom before filming.

Yeah I'll see it at the cinema then.

Coco Pops had a 2 for 1 movie ticket offer so it was a good excuse to buy 4 boxed of Coco Pops.

Now I have 4 x 2 for 1 movie ticket deals :)

I like to use the cinema for film which demand it - Star Wars, Transformers etc

"Police Academy" (1984)

A crew of misfits -- including girl-crazy wise-ass Mahoney, gun-nut Tackleberry, retired florist Hightower, and human sound machine Larvell Jones - go through training to become metropolitan police officers, much to the dismay of Capt. Harris, who wants to get them all kicked out.

I hadn't seen this classic '80s moron comedy (which spawned six sequels and a gazillion imitations) in dog years but it's held up surprisingly well and is still quite funny.

"Gameplay: The Story Of The Video Game Revolution" (2013)

Interesting documentary on the history of video games, starting with their humble beginnings with Pong and Atari and taking us through the boom and crash years of the '80s and the resurrection in the '90s thanks to Mario, Tetris, Lara Croft, and many more. A cool trip down memory lane.

• My Little Pony

"Gameplay: The Story Of The Video Game Revolution" (2013)

Interesting documentary on the history of video games, starting with their humble beginnings with Pong and Atari and taking us through the boom and crash years of the '80s and the resurrection in the '90s thanks to Mario, Tetris, Lara Croft, and many more. A cool trip down memory lane.

It's hard to think there was a time when popularity in video games waned. Since I've been alive they've always been a part of my life. I should watch this.

Two old sci-fi B flicks....

The Man From Planet X (1951) - not very good but worth a few laughs for the portrayal of the alien...

Them! (1954) - this one was quite watchable if you can handle B & W and 50s effects...a lot of recognizable faces acting in it...

• My Little Pony

Them! (1954) - this one was quite watchable if you can handle B & W and 50s effects...a lot of recognizable faces acting in it...

1954? Black and White? Which one did I watch?

Dunkirk (2017)

Now, I haven't seen every Christopher Nolan film, but I do believe I've seen all his best work. And I'm just gonna say it: this is his finest hour. And forty-seven minutes. ;}

Honestly, it was bloody fantastic! The three different timelines that intertwined, the intensity and suspense, the emotion, the despair. Acting was great. Cinematography was great. Hans Zimmer was phenomenal!

Go see this film!!

It's a great one indeed although for me I still favor some of his other movies like Memento, Inception, and The Prestige.

Looks like the timeline game is one of his strong suits, perhaps intended so people can go for the second-watching or buy the BluRay in case they missed something and that's good for business :D

Money Monster-quite forgettable unfortunately.

Get Out-this was pretty good and had some classic creep out moments. NOT a horror movie and not much to make the film worthy of its R rating as far as violence and squeamish moments but again the plot was pretty well developed and a sound story.

Rock Dog-nice and fluffy tale of a dog getting out from under his destiny to become a "Rock Dog/Star". Worthy of a watch and the animation was better than many of the lower budget animated films.

"Burnt Offerings" (1976)

A family moves into a sprawling old estate for the summer and one by one they fall victim to the evil spirit that inhabits the house. A moody, slow-burning suspense flick directed by Dan "Dark Shadows" Curtis that has a lot of similarity to Stephen King's "The Shining," which it pre-dates. (King was apparently a big fan of the novel this film was taken from).

"The Nut Job" (2014)

After their supply of winter food is accidentally destroyed, a wise-ass squirrel and his forest friends plan a "heist" at a gourmet nut shop near the park where they live. Unfortunately the store is being used as a "front" by a gang planning a bank robbery, and they don't take kindly to furry trespassers.

Silly, harmless CGI 'toon fluff with a bit of a Looney Tunes mean streak. Fun while it's playing but instantly forgettable.

Next up is Captain Underpants movie(kids have read all the books so we are well familiar with it) :)

Lemme know how that one is. My brother and I used to read those way back in the day, so I'm mildly interested.

Goin on Tuesday,we do a thing called crazy Tuesdays at our local cinema and the shows are all £3 to see :) the trailer definitely looks good and fits with the images of the books :) will let you know.

Yeah, we got cheap Tuesdays here, too. That's when I typically go. ;}

Went and seen...wish I hadn't :( its bad,well done and follows the books to degree but its an hr & a half of my life I ain't getting back,kids enjoyed it...well my youngest two,my elder son wanted to see Dunkirk...as did I,he's not old enough quite yet so Cars 3 would've done me.

Keeping with the "shark" theme...

this past weekend they had a bunch of low budget shark movies on SyFy.... Sharktopus, Atomic Shark, 3-Headed Shark... I caught some of it, amusing! And I found out that Eric Roberts is still in the biz :)

Nice! Yeah, SyFy is trotting out all their crazy shark movies this week as they lead up to the premiere of "Sharknado 5" this coming weekend.

...ordinarily I'd be all over these movies but I no longer get SyFy cuz we cut our cable in favor of Netflix/Hulu/etc., so I won't get to see the new Sharknado till it hits the streaming scene in a couple of months.

Movies are taking a back seat to Game Of Thrones and Aussie Survivor.

Was going to try and see Baby Driver tonight but feeling a bit off and decided to stay home.

Still have the last 20 minutes of Chips to watch.

It put me to sleep lol

Saw Dunkirk tonight.

Weird movie.

I didn't really see a story as such, more like a snippet from a bigger picture.

All the time changes annoyed the hell out of me and made it impossible to follow.

Most of the actors looked the same and it was hard to tell who was who and what was happening.

More like a documentary with Hollywood production rather than a movie, and there's nothing wrong with that, but i kinda wish I knew going in, and I would have waited to watch it at home.

Way overrated for me.

"Witchery" (aka "Witchcraft," aka "La Casa 4," aka "Evil Encounters," aka "Ghosthouse 2" - 1988)

A group of prospective buyers (including Linda Blair and David Hasselhoff!) visit an abandoned resort hotel on a remote island off the coast of New England. When a storm traps them there overnight, they soon learn that the hotel is inhabited by a ghostly presence that has nefarious plans for each of them.

This is some seriously crap-tacular Italian-made schlock with some good gore bits, but that's about all it's got going for it.

Avoid!

"Spider-Man Strikes Back" (1978)

Peter Parker meets a hot lady reporter who wants his help in finding and un-masking Spidey. Meanwhile, a terrorist has stolen a nuclear weapon and will use it to kill the President of the U.S. unless he's given a billion dollars in gold. Yikes!! Can Spider-Man stop the bad guys without exposing his secret identity to the world?

This flick was edited together from two episodes of the cheesy late 70s "Spider-Man" TV series (though it was released as a feature film overseas and on video), starring Nicholas Hammond as the web-head. It's terrible, but worth watching just to groove on the funky disco soundtrack, and laugh at the hilarious fashions and ultra-cheap special effects.

in order from good to worse

Life (2017) - nice science fiction alien flick

Reclaim (2014) - ok for one watch, criminal thriller with John Cusack

Beyond the Reach (2014) - an ok thriller, could have been better

Dying of the Light (2014) - watched just for Nicolage Cage, nothing special but ok for Cage fans

"The Chilling" (1989)

A cryogenics facility becomes Ground Zero for a zombie outbreak when a storm knocks out the power and its frozen occupants thaw out. Thankfully a lab assistant (Linda Blair) and a night watchman (Dan "Grizzly Adams" Haggerty) are ready to battle the walking Popsicles. Cheap nonsense that's good for a few laughs, depending on your tolerance for B-movie pain.

• My Little Pony

Dying of the Light (2014) - watched just for Nicolage Cage, nothing special but ok for Cage fans

There are Cage fans??