Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Still having PC issues at home, and trying to post trailers/etc. on this board from my cell phone is a hella pain in the ass, so I gave up on that shit.

Last few things seen:

"The Prophecy" (1995) - Christopher Walken's darkly funny turn as Gabriel, the Angel of Death, is the main highlight of this otherwise lukewarm religious/doomsday thriller. A war between rival factions of Angels is going to end in a small Arizona town, with a former Priest turned cop and a little girl caught in the middle. This thing apparently spawned four (!) sequels; I think I'll pass on those.

"Marooned" (1969) Three U.S. astronauts are trapped in Earth orbit when their re-entry rockets fail, and NASA has to mount a risky rescue mission to get them down before their oxygen supply runs out. Taut scientific thriller with a great old school cast (Gregory Peck, David "Fugitive" Janssen, Gene Hackman, Richard Crenna). Oddly enough, the events of this movie eerily mirror the real life Apollo 13 accident, which occurred a year after the film's release.

"The Valley of Gwangi" (1969) - Rodeo cowboys find a "lost" valley populated by hordes of dinosaurs in turn-of-the-century Mexico. When they capture one alive and put it on display ala "King Kong," predictable monster mayhem ensues. This Western/Sci-fi mashup is pretty much kid stuff, but the stop motion creature animation by the great Ray Harryhausen make it worth a look.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Son No.2 is on a bit of a Harry Potter jag at the moment) ...

Eagle Eye - good fast paced thriller

After Earth - barely okay, I can understand the negative reviews

Fast and Furious 6 - another fun ride in this series, although I prefer Fast Five this one is still pretty good

Miami Vice - another good action movie

"The Big Doll House" (1971) - delightfully sleazy "chicks in chains" movie set in a typically hellish women's prison somewhere in the third world. Five hottie inmates spend most of the movie getting victimized by their butchie cell mate (Pam Grier!) or tortured by the twisted lesbian warden, till they finally mount an all guns blazing escape.

This flick is packed to the gills with violence and T&A, and has absolutely no socially redeeming values. In other words, it's totally awesome sauce. :lol:

The A Team - really enjoyed this one...I was hoping for a follow up...

good movie. kind of a prequel to the tv show

Yes really good straight forward action flick!!!

51fL61iOiVL._SY300_.jpg

Great movie that might inspired 'Infernal Affairs' / 'The Departed'. Brilliant performance by Depp and Al Pacino, as always!

Good stuff

"The Big Doll House" (1971) - delightfully sleazy "chicks in chains" movie set in a typically hellish women's prison somewhere in the third world. Five hottie inmates spend most of the movie getting victimized by their butchie cell mate (Pam Grier!) or tortured by the twisted lesbian warden, till they finally mount an all guns blazing escape.

This flick is packed to the gills with violence and T&A, and has absolutely no socially redeeming values. In other words, it's totally awesome sauce. :lol:

Will have to check it out!

Will have to check it out!

If you've got Netflix streaming, it's on there...

A couple of nights ago I watched a documentary on Netflix called "Machete Maidens Unleashed," which was about the explosion of low budget exploitation/schlock movies made in the Philippines during the 1970s... and "Big Doll House" was prominently featured in it.

Naturally after seeing a bunch of clips from it (all of which were packed with boobs, lesbianism and explosions) I was like "I GOTTA see that movie!" ... imagine my pleasant surprise when, as soon as "Machete Maidens" ended, "Big Doll House" popped up as one of Netflix's "If you liked this movie, you may also like..." suggestions. I was like, "Wow! That's convenient." :rofl2:

I also heartily endorse the "Machete Maidens" documentary by the way... one of the most entertaining docs I've seen in a long time. Funny as hell, and packed with interviews and a whole lotta sleazy clips from vintage trailers. It was a hoot.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwSZ7m-nGo

I LOVED this movie!! Almost better than the first one to be honest... If you liked The Lord of the Rings movies you should like this one too.. Well worth watching and I am glad I saw it on the big screen as it wouldn't be the same on a TV Screen...

The Heat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST16k80bDYE

SO Damn funny!!! :rofl2: I Haven't laughed this hard since I watched Ted! Just a damn good movie....

Yes it was funny

R.I.P.D - another movie with bad reviews but I enjoyed it...

Collateral Damage - not one of Arnies best but okay...

R.I.P.D.- Just a fun movie to watch(MIB type) Kids loved it!

"Dead Heat" (1988) - strange mashup of buddy cop action comedies and zombie flicks. Two L.A. cops (Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo) are investigating a mysterious series of robberies when they discover the bad guys are actually zombies, created by a crooked corporation that's figured out how to re-animate the dead. Naturally, lotsa bullets (and tasteless one liners) fly in this surprisingly gory, mindlessly violent (but still quite funny) schlock flick.

"Cleanflix" (2009) - Documentary detailing the strange saga of "Clean Flicks," a Utah based video store chain that hit it big selling and renting "edited" versions of Hollywood blockbusters - with all of the violent/sexual content and foul language removed - to appease its mostly Mormon clientele. Naturally, when Hollywood learned of these unauthorized "edits," the law stepped in and soon the copyright holders and those holding the so-called "moral high ground" settled their differences in court. An interesting flick that is bound to spark discussion about censorship.

"Dead Heat" (1988) - strange mashup of buddy cop action comedies and zombie flicks. Two L.A. cops (Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo) are investigating a mysterious series of robberies when they discover the bad guys are actually zombies, created by a crooked corporation that's figured out how to re-animate the dead. Naturally, lotsa bullets (and tasteless one liners) fly in this surprisingly gory, mindlessly violent (but still quite funny) schlock flick."

This is a classic, I have had the vhs version forever!

2 Guns-Not bad Walberg's character is quite funny...