Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

The Fly...[the 1986 remake not the 1950s original] Pretty decent flick actually, couple gross out spots, which is always a good thing.... :tumbsup:

I just saw the 1950s version with Vincent Price on Fox Movie Channel a couple of days ago... it was pretty good stuff too. Lately I've been getting into some of the golden B&W oldies...

The Fly...[the 1986 remake not the 1950s original] Pretty decent flick actually, couple gross out spots, which is always a good thing.... :tumbsup:

I just saw the 1950s version with Vincent Price on Fox Movie Channel a couple of days ago... it was pretty good stuff too. Lately I've been getting into some of the golden B&W oldies...

I prefer the oldies

I prefer the oldies

Never really watched a lot of "oldies" till fairly recently. I guess for a long time I was locked into watching all the stuff that was "new" and exciting that I never paid much attention to stuff made before the early 70s. But when I started digging into that "50 Horror Classics" DVD set that I mentioned a few posts back I started to really enjoy some of these old black-n-white drive in flicks.

Jumper

I like this one, but it should have been longer a little bit I think. When you start enjoying it... it ends! :lol:

Scars of Dracula

An old Hammer horror classic. For me it's always good to see Christopher Lee as Dracula.

Just watched "The Road". WOW. What a sad, depressing movie. :(

In some ways it makes me think of the movie "Knowing". Both make you think seriously about who and what we are. And where we are going as humans. :(

Backed!!

I'm used to watching all kinds of horror & Sci-Fi movies, but

that movie disturbed me more than any other movie I ever watched..

Public Enemies

Johnny Depp/ Christian Bale Gangster flick about John Dillinger. Pretty good, as are most Depp movies.

'Robin Hood' ; pretty decent, if not average. Couldn't really justify the worth of this film, but I guess it was pretty harmless entertainment.

'Avatar' ; good stuff. My bro bought me the blu-ray for my birthday and it's the first blu-ray we've put through the player. Awesome quality (though nothing that is going to force me to swap my DVDs for Blu-Ray) and a pretty cool film. Not really up to the hype for it, to be honest, but a cool tale.

"The Terminators" - another one of those hilariously bad "mockbuster" knockoffs from The Asylum, this one is a low rent rip off of "The Terminator" (as if the title didn't give that away immediately) with some bits stolen from "Battlestar Galactica" thrown in for good measure.

Surprisingly enough, this one started off somewhat promising, with some cool action scenes and some halfway decent (by The Asylum standards, anyway) outer-space special effects. But once the opening was out of the way it went right back to the usual Asylum formula, i.e. lots of bad acting and unlikeable characters endlessly bickering with each other as they traveled through a continuing series of cheap set pieces. :rofl:

Cloverfield

Love it! Top film. :tumbsup:

Watched Taxi last night as part of my mission to watch every decent French film ever. Or at least every film with Marion Cotillard in. :quagmire:

Good action film, funny in places, seemed unusually 'American' for a French film (plays a bit like an American police/action film).

Cloverfield

Yeah I watched that again last night. Like the plot and the directing, but a dinosaur - in Manhattan? Seriously?

Watched Taxi last night as part of my mission to watch every decent French film ever. Or at least every film with Marion Cotillard in. :quagmire:

Good action film, funny in places, seemed unusually 'American' for a French film (plays a bit like an American police/action film).

It was re-made in America a couple of years ago with Jimmy Fallon (!) and Queen Latifah (!) in the lead roles. It was... godawful. :puke:

It was re-made in America a couple of years ago with Jimmy Fallon (!) and Queen Latifah (!) in the lead roles. It was... godawful. :puke:

Exactly. One of the worst films I've ever seen... :poke:

'Avatar' ; good stuff. My bro bought me the blu-ray for my birthday and it's the first blu-ray we've put through the player. Awesome quality (though nothing that is going to force me to swap my DVDs for Blu-Ray) and a pretty cool film. Not really up to the hype for it, to be honest, but a cool tale.

think that's cos you watched it in 2D.

The end was stunningly amazing in 3D.

think that's cos you watched it in 2D.

The end was stunningly amazing in 3D.

Haha. Pretty sure the actual story is the same in 2D as it was in 3D. ;) I'm a story man, mate. Give me 'Revolutionary Road' in all it's 2D glory any day. :)

Daddy Day Care

And I thought Fat Freddy was the film masochist!

:rofl: Fo'sho! Even *I* knew enough to stay away from that steaming pile.