Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Red Heat

The Arnold Schwarzenegger/Jim Belushi cop movie, or the Linda ("Exorcist") Blair chicks-in-an-Iron-Curtain-prison movie?

Wouldn't that be "Chained Heat"?? Or am I thinking of another All girl prison type movie?? :unsure:

Red Heat

The Arnold Schwarzenegger/Jim Belushi cop movie, or the Linda ("Exorcist") Blair chicks-in-an-Iron-Curtain-prison movie?

Wouldn't that be "Chained Heat"?? Or am I thinking of another All girl prison type movie?? :unsure:

Dunno about "Chained Heat" but these are the two I'm referring to:

The Arnold "Red Heat": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095963/

The Chicks in Prison "Red Heat" (1985): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089892/

*EDIT* Looks like Linda Blair was also in "Chained Heat." Who knew? :blink:

Just watched THE HAPPENING on t.v. and I gotta tell ya.

I know why people in the movie were killing themselves. They read the script..

Horrible movie... :doh:

My wife has this on the Foxtel iq and want's me to watch it with her,haven't seen it yet but have a feeling that :help: will be in order :( .

Maybe I am the only person here but I liked it... :whistle:

I didn't mind the actual movie at all. I just found the acting and the interaction between characters to be awfully poor. My brother said he thought that it was on purpose, and part of the effect, amplifying the ridiculous concept. But I'm not so sure. Either way, I think it's worth a watch.

Just watched THE HAPPENING on t.v. and I gotta tell ya.

I know why people in the movie were killing themselves. They read the script..

Horrible movie... :doh:

My wife has this on the Foxtel iq and want's me to watch it with her,haven't seen it yet but have a feeling that :help: will be in order :( .

Maybe I am the only person here but I liked it... :whistle:

I didn't mind the actual movie at all. I just found the acting and the interaction between characters to be awfully poor. My brother said he thought that it was on purpose, and part of the effect, amplifying the ridiculous concept. But I'm not so sure. Either way, I think it's worth a watch.

I think that's the point. If you watch it that way you can enjoy the movie. You know I just can't believe that M. Night Shyamalan who wrote scripts like 'Unbreakable' and 'Village' wrote such ridiculous dialogues like this unless it was on purpose. This movie is a joke.

I think that's the point. If you watch it that way you can enjoy the movie. You know I just can't believe that M. Night Shyamalan who wrote scripts like 'Unbreakable' and 'Village' wrote such ridiculous dialogues like this unless it was on purpose. This movie is a joke.

Just to stick my two penneth in - I think M. Night Shyamalan is a one-trick pony. Sixth Sense was great, but I haven't liked anything he's done since then. Even Unbreakable was average and anything after that is all but unwatchable.

Just to stick my two penneth in - I think M. Night Shyamalan is a one-trick pony. Sixth Sense was great, but I haven't liked anything he's done since then. Even Unbreakable was average and anything after that is all but unwatchable.

The Sixth Sense is possibly his weakest movie IMO. :popcorn:

Whoa! Did not see that coming! :omg:

:yikes:

"The Happening" had potential to be a really creepy, disturbing movie. Unfortunately after a great opening it completely fell apart by the halfway point. IMO M. Night Shamalamadingdong or whatever his name is blew his wad on "Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable."

Don't get me wrong, the Sixth Sense is a great film but a 'little bit' overrated. The following movies (Unbreakable, Signs, The Village, Lady in the Water) have deeper tones, and are more mature stuffs. Btw I'm a big fan, I even like his early 'family' movie Wide Awake.

"Subject Two" - indie horror/drama about a med student who gets a job working for a crazed doctor who's developing a "rejuvenation" serum that will bring people back from the dead. His job is to be the test dummy, who keeps getting killed and brought back, killed and brought back, over and over again. Of course, each "rejuvenation" has its own set of problems.

Sounds more interesting than it really was. The acting was fine and the story was cool, but things moved rather slowly and it was VERY talky. Not bad but nothin' I'd watch again.

zaat.jpg

"Zaat" (a.k.a. "Blood Waters of Dr. Z") - 1971

I never heard of this flick till a guy at another forum I hang out on mentioned it in a "Worst Movie Ever" thread a while ago. It just so happened that shortly after he brought it up, "Zaat' turned up on Turner Classic Movies (!) so of course, I had to record it and check it out.

Sooooo...wow, "Zaat" is pretty much badness personified. Haha. A fish-obsessed mad scientist who hates humanity turns himself into a walking catfish monster (?) because.... well, because he can, I guess. Then he spends the rest of the movie in an awesomely cheap looking monster suit, aimlessly stumbling around the swamps surrounding a small Florida town, attacking people at random while a posse of scientists try to catch him. Plotless, pointless, hilariously stupid. It's like "Swamp Thing," only WAY dumber.

Still, in my book it's not the worst movie ever, because Andy Milligan's "Carnage" (1984) still exists.

...and hey, at least "Zaat" had a couple of hot hippie chicks in it, plus it has a cool poster.

zaat.jpg

"Zaat" (a.k.a. "Blood Waters of Dr. Z") - 1971

I never heard of this flick till a guy at another forum I hang out on mentioned it in a "Worst Movie Ever" thread a while ago. It just so happened that shortly after he brought it up, "Zaat' turned up on Turner Classic Movies (!) so of course, I had to record it and check it out.

Sooooo...wow, "Zaat" is pretty much badness personified. Haha. A fish-obsessed mad scientist who hates humanity turns himself into a walking catfish monster (?) because.... well, because he can, I guess. Then he spends the rest of the movie in an awesomely cheap looking monster suit, aimlessly stumbling around the swamps surrounding a small Florida town, attacking people at random while a posse of scientists try to catch him. Plotless, pointless, hilariously stupid. It's like "Swamp Thing," only WAY dumber.

Still, in my book it's not the worst movie ever, because Andy Milligan's "Carnage" (1984) still exists.

...and hey, at least "Zaat" had a couple of hot hippie chicks in it, plus it has a cool poster.

Great post. This really does sound like the worst film ever. I'd be amazed if it's worse than Children of The Corn though...

Pretty good movie and actually sad in many parts and a reflection of what is happening in our world and has been happening reallys since the beginning of time. I didn't know if this would be over hyped since it did so well at the box office but I'll admit it's damn good. Not the best I've ever seen or anything but still very good.

"Subject Two" - indie horror/drama about a med student who gets a job working for a crazed doctor who's developing a "rejuvenation" serum that will bring people back from the dead. His job is to be the test dummy, who keeps getting killed and brought back, killed and brought back, over and over again. Of course, each "rejuvenation" has its own set of problems.

Sounds more interesting than it really was. The acting was fine and the story was cool, but things moved rather slowly and it was VERY talky. Not bad but nothin' I'd watch again.

Haha. I saw that recently after a recommendation from my brother. As you say, not too bad but I actually found myself getting a little bored with it. Will not buy for myself. Watchable, though.

On the weekend:

'Milo and Otis'!!! ; HAHA! Haven't seen this since I was a wee kid, but bought it for my wife recently. My memories led me to believe the animals in the film spoke, not that it was fully narrated by some twit. Either way, it's dodgy stuff, but the pugs in this film are cute as hell and that's what we were there for.

Great post. This really does sound like the worst film ever. I'd be amazed if it's worse than Children of The Corn though...

Compared to this "Zaat" movie, "Children of the Corn" is Shakespeare. :lol:

What's wrong with Children of the Corn??? The original I mean.. NOT the remake, which I heard SUCKED.....

If you're talking about the remake of "CotC" that was on SyFy Channel a while back, it was actually semi-decent. But then, improving on the original is not that hard to do. I have a soft spot for the "CotC" flicks anyway. For some Ungodly reason I've willingly rented and sat through each new sequel as they've come out over the years... Lord only knows why...

I have a soft spot for the "CotC" flicks anyway. For some ungodly reason I've willingly rented and sat through each new sequel as they've come out over the years...Lord only knows why.

Clearly you have masochistic tendencies. Wouldn't it be easier and quicker to just grab a couple of toothpicks and skewer them through your eyeballs?

What's wrong with Children of the Corn??? The original I mean.. NOT the remake, which I heard SUCKED..... :whistle:

I've only seen the original, which is the worst film I've ever seen. There are a lot of terrible films that fit the 'so bad it's good' category, but CotC doesn't even make that list.