Steve Plunkett - Straight Up (New solo album drops July 19, 2024)

Former Autograph singer Steve Plunkett returns with a new solo album, set to be released via Cleopatra Records on July 19, 2024.

Steve Plunkett - Straight Up (CD)
The long awaited second solo album, his first since 1991, from lead vocalist and primary creative force behind '80s platinum hard rockers Autograph, Steve Plunkett!

This album has everything you'd expect from Plunkett - high energy, razor sharp guitars, rock hooks galore and top quality production that will make you believe it's the '80s all over again!

Plunkett has become one of rock's most in-demand songwriters with bands like The Go-Go's, Edgar Winter and Vixen recording his songs as well as production work with Cyndi Lauper and Graham Nash!

Tracklist:
1. Rock Machine
2. Here We Go
3. First Step
4. Six String Hero
5. Rock Star
6. We're Gonna Jam
7. Knock Out Punch
8. On The Stage
9. Gotta Jump
10. Start It Up

Pre-order at Cleopatra Records:

IMG_7522.jpeg
https://cleorecs.com/products/steve-plunkett-straight-up-cd

• Thanks 1

Yeah will look forward to this also :) 

£16 shipping!! I'll wait for a UK seller to stock :( 

Edited by lettard

On 5/27/2024 at 3:17 AM, Crazysam said:

with that cover he should have called the album something like "Signing Out"

Good call btw...perhaps that's what he's going for?

On 5/27/2024 at 3:17 AM, Crazysam said:

with that cover he should have called the album something like "Signing Out", looking forward to hearing this

Signing out makes it sound like he is quitting though or this is his final album. Signing back in would make more sense with it being his return.

And to be honest, this "NEW" name by the recent band pretending to be Autograph is awful, and they should have maybe used a name that reflects the original band name through one of their album titles. Sure "Sign In" or "Signing in" would have made a better name than "Autograph Beyond"

agree with the comments on that first track, was expecting a little more from Steve, maybe something similar to the songs on Buzz, still looking forward to hearing the rest of the album though

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 7:47 AM, Stefan said:

New song 'Rock Machine'.

Looking at the song titles, this is 100% what I expected. Not into it at all - quite dislike it, to be honest. And the song titles do nothing to fill me with confidence that any of the other songs will be any better. 

Anyway, this is a real surprise. I thought he was far removed from the music scene and his voice was allegedly not up to ever returning to Autograph (as I assume, music, generally speaking?)