AOR New Year's Resolutions

auslander

Anyone gonna make a resolution this year around their music fandom? 

Mine is I have to work out how / force myself not to buy any new music from February due to a change in finances for the following 18 months...

This year I bought maybe 5-6 cds and I'll probably buy even less this year. More and more the music I normally listen to and enjoy sounds a lot like the music that came out in years past. I'm just not hearing anything really new and exciting so I'm better off listening to all my old cds and saving my money...

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, auslander said:

Anyone gonna make a resolution this year around their music fandom? 

Mine is I have to work out how / force myself not to buy any new music from February due to a change in finances for the following 18 months...

Well, I know how hard that is for a CD collector.

Fortunately, as a music lover in this day and age, it doesn't mean you have to miss out on the music.

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Well, I know how hard that is for a CD collector.

Fortunately, as a music lover in this day and age, it doesn't mean you have to miss out on the music.

I will be making lists to remember what to buy after my poor stretch and "catching up" in years to come. I've been going a bit crazy buying for the last few months knowing this was coming so filling holes in my collection. Next year post Feb I will be hitting up op shops more in vain hope. Once my new career kicks off I will be back baby! Back with avengeance! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auslander said:

I will be making lists to remember what to buy after my poor stretch and "catching up" in years to come.

I have always made lists,just a rough piece of paper with new releases and release dates to keep an eye on,they get penned through when I have it...then a new list when that one is almost completely sorted,just usually put the stuff I may be interested in on it and after a quick listen not everything gets purchased..and there is always something that just gets a surprise release that you go oh must buy that :) I sound organized but really i'm not ,everything I've purchased since March is still in piles around my pc :( 

• Like 1

Really no resolution other than to be very frugal with what I buy.  I just don't listen to CD's much at all anymore but it's still a struggle to not buy them for some reason lol.  I have cut it down considerably though as I only bought 3 last year.  I have to keep reminding myself though to only buy albums I absolutely love or bands that I just want to collect.

It's still hard though as I still have those memories of buying basically every album that came out even if I only liked one song off it lol.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Already I see at least 2 releases that I'll be buying in 2024=Judas Priest and Bruce Dickinson.

And I usually end up buying a few reissues/anniversary CDs like Alice Cooper-Killer and Mike Tramp's songs of White Lion that were releases this year.