Striker - Ultrapower

Stefan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

no comments??

Listened to this 3 times today and it was like a relentless barage of awesomeness. 

2024 has finally begun 😉

20 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

One spin through, and it sounds pretty good. Why have I not heard of these guys?

I went looking for the album and they have already released about 4 others... never heard of them before either.

• My Little Pony
10 hours ago, auslander said:

I went looking for the album and they have already released about 4 others... never heard of them before either.

Well, it's even more annoying for me, considering they're from the next province over. Canadian radio is a sack of dicks. These guys would never get played, or even promoted on radio.

They released this excellent song in 2022 and it didn't make the new album for some unknown reason.

Edit: 'Strange Love' is a bonus track on the CD version of the new album.

image.thumb.png.579eace8fc19b804eb09e744f504274a.png

Ultrapower:

1. Circle of Evil - (3:44)

2. BEST of the BEST of the BEST - (3:20)

3. Give it All - (4:15)

4. Blood Magic - (4:36)

5. Sucks to Suck - (3:16)

6. Ready for Anything - (3:56)

7. City Calling - (3:45)

8. Turn the Lights Out - (2:49)

9. THUNDERDOME - (4:02)

10. Live to Fight Another Day - (4:00)

11. Brawl at the Pub - (3:48)

Bonus tracks:
12. Deathwish
13. Strange Love
14. Take The Money And Run

Edited by Stefan

I just heard the breakdown/solo section in ‘Blood Magic’ and my balls splattered all over the car. Like Glen said, album is just huge and it’s as if they’re saying “I dare you not to dig this.” Only a few songs in, but sounds massive in every way. 

• Like 1

This is the place to get it, especially if you live in North America...

https://www.striker-metal.com/shop/

I take it back. Just ordered the CD and shipping was only $9 to Australia. That is very decent. Hope it arrives soon so I can rock out!

Edited by auslander

Ordered it too , along with Play To Win as I don't have that one either...worked out at £28 for both inc postage :) 

• Like 1

So I guess they started moving in a more melodic direction with 2018's Play to Win? Prior to that, everything I'd heard from them was speed/straight metal (and not really that good IMO), so I stopped paying attention to them. 🤷 New stuff is pretty good. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 11:53 PM, auslander said:

I take it back. Just ordered the CD and shipping was only $9 to Australia. That is very decent. Hope it arrives soon so I can rock out!

Did you ever get any confirmation of its posting? I'm still waiting 2 weeks later :( 

On 2/17/2024 at 3:10 PM, lettard said:

Did you ever get any confirmation of its posting? I'm still waiting 2 weeks later :( 

No confirmation...but my cds arrived today...bonus  :)

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 2:10 AM, lettard said:

Nope. No confirmation. Just an email confirming the order.

• Like 1

Mine arrived today in the post. Not bad for postage time to Australia! How cool is the bonus silver embossed cover art card? I put it in the front of the CD and it looks absolutely sweet. Gonna play this LOUD now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My bad...but I just noticed that the cd contains 3 bonus tracks(doh!) :) ...Deathwish/Take The Money And Run are excellent too.

Edited by lettard

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lettard said:

My bad...but I just noticed that the cd contains 3 bonus tracks(doh!) :) ...Deathwish/Take The Money And Run are excellent too.

Fixed.

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2

Picked up “Ultrapower”, “Play to Win”, and the self titled discs directly from the band’s website, and have been listening to them on and off over the last week or so. LOVE “Ultrapower”, and “Play to Win”, but haven’t really warmed up to the self titled. Got “Stand in the Fire” on its way too. Overall, really enjoying their recent output. :headbanger:

• Like 1