Rick Springfield - Automatic

Stefan

New album 'Automatic' out August 4 through Songvest Records.

The album, described by Springfield, as 20 new songs stylistically somewhere between “Working Class Dog” and “Tao”. Sonically, the album sees Springfield returning to his first love of guitar-based power pop and keyboards, while lyrically featuring his favored subjects of love, sex and death. “My goal was solid three- minute tunes with the biggest hooks I could come up with.” As Springfield explains, “the album is called ‘Automatic’ because the songs just kind of came out on their own."

1. Exit Wound
2. She Walks With The Angels
3. Come Said The Girl
4. Automatic
5. Broke House
6. This Town
7. When God Forgets My Name
8. Heroes
9. Love Ain’t Cool (Sha Do Wup)
10. Works For Me
11. Fake It Til You Make It
12. The Cure For Loneliness
13. Invisible World
14. Make Your Move
15. In Case Of Fire Break Glass
16. Did I Just Say That Out Loud
17. Someday I Will Fly
18. Neutron Star
19. Feed Your Soul
20. We Are Eternal

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Tooany songs.

Also I was hoping for 'a lot like Rock Of Life'

😔

I don't think we can say there are too many songs until we hear them. Yeah it's way longer than a typical melodic rock album but I think it's cool how old-school artists like Rick are embracing the benefits of modern music distribution, i.e. not limiting an album to 11 or 12 songs because that's the norm for CDs. 

1 hour ago, Eric3 said:

I don't think we can say there are too many songs until we hear them. Yeah it's way longer than a typical melodic rock album but I think it's cool how old-school artists like Rick are embracing the benefits of modern music distribution, i.e. not limiting an album to 11 or 12 songs because that's the norm for CDs. 

I agree. Can't say anything until we hear the songs. Rick said "my goal was solid three-minutes tunes with the biggest hooks I could come up with".  So we're talking 'bout 1 hour of material.

Knowing Rick's potential, I'll take that over 10 songs/45 minutes of decent songs anytime.

Edited by Stefan

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Well, if they really are only three minute songs, then they'll still fit on a CD. 

• 1 month later...