Extreme - Six coming June 9th, 2023 / First single "Rise" out now

whiplash1972

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I just heard today that "Extreme" are touring down here later in the year.

Imagine experiencing THAT solo live.

Very tempting indeed.

On 4/20/2023 at 3:27 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Again? 

Haha, I guess you are referring to the 2008 record? 15 long years have passed so I reckon that qualifies as a comeback now. 😀 

• My Little Pony
13 minutes ago, auslander said:

Haha, I guess you are referring to the 2008 record? 15 long years have passed so I reckon that qualifies as a comeback now. 😀 

Yeah. How many comebacks can a band have? 

I would love to hear from the band what happened in the last fifteen years. They've been talking about a follow-up to Saudades for a long time. So what took so long?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

We all know how Legendary THAT solo is, but can he do it live?

FUCK YEAH!!!

This is one of the best clips I've ever seen TBH.

BTW, I know It's been mentioned before, but these Monsters of Rock cruises look amazing. 

• Like 3

• My Little Pony
14 hours ago, Darkstone said:

these Monsters of Rock cruises look amazing

They are amazing. I gotta get back on that boat. Haven't been in ten years. 

Holy fuck! Ten years?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

The newest track has all the hallmarks of a hit. Great vocals!

I like that song....good tune and nice contrast to the other singles released so far.  Reminds me a bit of the early 80's and sounds like something bands like Kansas or .38 Special might've done.

I've never been much into Extreme but planning to check out the new album as the new songs all sound pretty good to me.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I like that song....good tune and nice contrast to the other singles released so far.  Reminds me a bit of the early 80's and sounds like something bands like Kansas or .38 Special might've done.

I've never been much into Extreme but planning to check out the new album as the new songs all sound pretty good to me.

New track “Other Side of the Rainbow “ is excellent! :headbanger: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Wow. This album is so much better than I expected. As an Extreme fanboy, you might anticipate I have a bias towards them--and perhaps I do--but I'm usually quite critical of my favourite bands. Nuno made a comment about bringing back guitar playing in Rock music, and holy shit, this record is chock full of great riffs and solos. I know everyone will be raving about The Defiants' album--and for good reason, it fuckin' rocks!--but the diversity of styles on this one is much more my jam. This was a very nice surprise. 

• Like 1

Gotta say I'm loving this album. Rightly so, Nuno's guitar is the star, but I gotta say Gary's voice has lost none of its range or expressiveness. He is underrated as a frontman. Trademark harmonies are there too. Album of the year at the moment. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, auslander said:

Gotta say I'm loving this album. Rightly so, Nuno's guitar is the star, but I gotta say Gary's voice has lost none of its range or expressiveness. He is underrated as a frontman. Trademark harmonies are there too. Album of the year at the moment. 

Who would have thought a couple of years ago that we'd all be "Extreme" fanboys.

There have been many bands that have tried and failed to stay the course over the years, but these guys have actually surpassed their former glories IMO.

Pure talent never gets old and it's great to see Nuno and Gary getting the recognition they deserve. 

They're playing at the "Forum" in Melbourne in October BTW. You must be tempted mate.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Who would have thought a couple of years ago that we'd all be "Extreme" fanboys.

Yeah...have not been much of a fan since a fleeting glance at III sides all them years ago...this album is great though,just really really digging it :D

Heard "Six"  a couple times through now, and it is quite excellent, with only one or two songs not instantly grabbing me. Repeated listens will most likely push this one towards the top of year end lists.  :banger:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

Do they need to keep releasing videos? Pretty sure anyone that needs to know about this album already knows. Anyway, I'm glad the boys are back at it and having fun--and especially grateful I got to see them on this tour--but I won't be watching these. 

• 1 month later...

Well, it’s been over a month, so you know what that means… 😜

New video for “Thicker Than Blood”

On 10/13/2023 at 4:11 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Do they need to keep releasing videos? Pretty sure anyone that needs to know about this album already knows. Anyway, I'm glad the boys are back at it and having fun--and especially grateful I got to see them on this tour--but I won't be watching these. 

Videos will come up in my YouTube feed and I'll watch them.

I like them, they give a different vibe to the song.

I mean I like the new falling in reverse releases, and I sure look forward to the videos for them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...