What now disbanded bands do you miss the most?

AlphaMale

59 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

After touring for Invader RL pretty much vanished until just before Turbo Rider, and Olli was recording a few solo songs so I was starting to wonder about them too. The pandemic played a part in a lot of bands taking time off I think as well.

As I say though, looking at the Wiggly FB page, they posted back in March last year that they were recording an EP so they seem to at least be semi-active even if the material never materialised.

Reckless Love were the last band I saw before the world exploded (March 2020?) and then they had an album as soon as it was "over," so I'd never considered them as inactive myself. 

Hoping the Wiggly EP materialises very soon, I hope! 

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Electrik

Is that the Love Buzz Harmony Electrik?  There must be a huge coincidence because I just discovered them maybe a week ago and was browsing their old geocities page!

3 hours ago, SunsetHoliday said:

Is that the Love Buzz Harmony Electrik?  There must be a huge coincidence because I just discovered them maybe a week ago and was browsing their old geocities page!

Yep. Love that album.

From memory they performed on roller skates or something lol

• My Little Pony
47 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

From memory they performed on roller skates or something lol

Heh. Why?

Live, or during recording?

But, still... why?

10 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Heh. Why?

Live, or during recording?

But, still... why?

Fuck, no that wasn't them, but their album Love Buzz Harmony is the best bubblgum pop rockl aropund.
Kinda like some Bai Bang or EZN are the best I can associate it with.

For the roller skates I was thinking of was Funhouse.
They were an average band, but had one killer song, below.
A friend of mine in the States was from where they were from, and had seen them live and told me the singer at some point in the show puts a set opf roller skates on, while singing on stage.

If you think it's ok for Great White, EZN, Quiet Riot, Skid Row, Kiss, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc to go on without key members, but not ok for VH to do so, then that's kinda hypocritical.

They have the right to go on if they want to in any form. If you don't like you don't have to listen.
I stopped with QR, Skid Row and others, I may not bother with a Van Halen-less Van Halen.

regardless, dount it will happen.

Never liked the band either way, but I'm definitely in the camp that there is no VH without Edward. It'd be like Bon Jovi without Jon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trixter is a big one for me.  Always dug their stuff and they still seem capable of putting out good music based on the last couple albums.  They'd also be a fun band to see touring around the US with bands like Warrant, Skid Row, Firehouse, etc and/or playing festivals.

Wildside and Shotgun Messiah are a couple others I dug back in the day but the chances seem like zero of anything happening there and I'm not sure they could put out anything exciting even if it did happen.