Great White part ways with Andrew Freeman - New singer Brett Carlisle (Live performance vids included)

whiplash1972

From Mitch Lafon’s FB page:

Great White have parted ways with singer Andrew Freeman. Currently singing with the band is Brett Carlisle. No word on his “official” status with the band or whether they are looking for a another full-time replacement.

E26E25DB-9E9B-44F4-AD26-83FCE079168E.jpeg

lol, who? And when? I thought Mitch Malloy was there and then someone else came in but I forget who. This dude, I assume? Or was there someone in-between? What a shambles. 

Recently listened to an interview with Kendall on the Jack Russell situation. Sounds like that ship has sailed which seems to leave the band in a pretty precarious situation, evidently. 

Pieced together a timeline for anyone reading this regarding Great White and their various singers ...

August 2010 Jack Russell has emergency surgery for a perforated bowel. Jani Lane (RIP) and Paul Shortino fill in for him on various dates so that GW won't have to cancel their tour. Terry Ilous eventually takes over singing duties later in the year, becoming Jack's official "fill in" sometime in 2011

August 2011 Jack Russell states to media outlets that he is working hard to get back to Great White

December 2011 Ilous has worked out well with the band, and they have decided to make him the permanent vocalist. Jack Russell prepares to launch his own version of the group which eventually becomes known as Jack Russell's Great White 

May 2012 Great White release "Elation" featuring Terry Ilous on vocals

February 2013 Great White release 30 Years: Live From the Sunset Strip with Terry Ilous performing past hits

January 2017 Jack Russell's Great White release "He Saw It Comin'"

June 2017 Great White release "Full Circle", which turns out to be the last album to feature Ilous

July 2018 Great White announce that Mitch Malloy is their new lead singer replacing Ilous who found out he'd been replaced when he read it online

April 2020 Jack Russell's Great White release "Once Bitten Acoustic Bytes" 

December 2020 Great White release "Live" featuring Mitch Malloy on vocals 

August 2021 Jack Russell's Great White release "Great Zeppelin II: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin"

May 2022 Great White announce Andrew Freeman as their new vocalist

September 2022 Great White quietly replace Freeman (Thanks Cap!) with Brett Carlisle. As of this post (10-16-22) , no official announcement on their website or FB page.

Great White with Carlisle on vox:

Reading comments on some of the YT vids, it seems Brett was originally announced as a "fill in" for Andrew Freeman due to Andrew having some gigs with Last in Line.  Maybe when everyone hears Brett they'll make him permanent? 

• Like 1

• whiplash1972 changed the title to Great White part ways with Andrew Freeman - New singer Brett Carlisle (Live performance vids included)
11 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

Pieced together a timeline for anyone reading this regarding Great White and their various singers ...

August 2010 Jack Russell has emergency surgery for a perforated bowel. Jani Lane (RIP) and Paul Shortino fill in for him on various dates so that GW won't have to cancel their tour. Terry Ilous eventually takes over singing duties later in the year, becoming Jack's official "fill in" sometime in 2011

August 2011 Jack Russell states to media outlets that he is working hard to get back to Great White

December 2011 Ilous has worked out well with the band, and they have decided to make him the permanent vocalist. Jack Russell prepares to launch his own version of the group which eventually becomes known as Jack Russell's Great White 

May 2012 Great White release "Elation" featuring Terry Ilous on vocals

February 2013 Great White release 30 Years: Live From the Sunset Strip with Terry Ilous performing past hits

January 2017 Jack Russell's Great White release "He Saw It Comin'"

June 2017 Great White release "Full Circle", which turns out to be the last album to feature Ilous

July 2018 Great White announce that Mitch Malloy is their new lead singer replacing Ilous who found out he'd been replaced when he read it online

April 2020 Jack Russell's Great White release "Once Bitten Acoustic Bytes" 

December 2020 Great White release "Live" featuring Mitch Malloy on vocals 

August 2021 Jack Russell's Great White release "Great Zeppelin II: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin"

May 2022 Great White announce Andrew Freeman as their new vocalist

September 2022 Great White quietly replace Malloy with Brett Carlisle. As of this post (10-16-22) , no official announcement on their website or FB page.

Great White with Carlisle on vox:

Reading comments on some of the YT vids, it seems Brett was originally announced as a "fill in" for Andrew Freeman due to Andrew having some gigs with Last in Line.  Maybe when everyone hears Brett they'll make him permanent? 

I saw this story with him being a temporary replacement a few weeks ago, and said to myself "That's the last we will see of Freeman".

Btw, just shows how hard this is to keep up with as you said Malloy instead of Freeman at the end of your timeline break down. I am just waiting til everyone on this board is Great White singer at some point.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

lol, who? And when? I thought Mitch Malloy was there and then someone else came in but I forget who. This dude, I assume? Or was there someone in-between? What a shambles. 

Recently listened to an interview with Kendall on the Jack Russell situation. Sounds like that ship has sailed which seems to leave the band in a pretty precarious situation, evidently. 

Get Barnesy, he sing rock and blues.

Well, what a co-inky-dink… Great White continue their carousel of singers, and two former vocalists put out a collaboration 😜

4 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

Well, what a co-inky-dink… Great White continue their carousel of singers, and two former vocalists put out a collaboration 😜

Sometimes it is easy to understand why a band kicks their original singer out (Van Halen comes to mind) and at first it seems simple with Jack due to substance or alcohol abuse leading to serious health issues, but then you see the revolving door of singers and you start to question whether Jack's departure was really his fault.

I give Jack big props as he did an interview a few years back where he shouldered a lot of the blame himself, admitting his problems and gave his support to Terry after he was dismissed. Jack for all his faults, has more class than any other member of the band.

Great White and Skid Row to me are very similar bands for this sort of shit. Like we all know Seb can be a jackass, but going on how they have treated all their singers since (lets see how it goes with Erik) Seb was booted, you have to say they have a lot in common with Great White, always putting the blame on other people and never acknowledging they are jackasses too.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 5:37 PM, Metal T said:

He's finding out that it ain't an easy task to replace a singer of that caliber...on the flipside you can find a long line of players who could replace Mark Kendall and do it in their sleep.

Wouldn't be hard. I think he lost his balls along with his gold lox.

NEW GREAT WHITE PROMO SHOT & BIO

2022 BIOGRAPHY

BRETT CARLISLE – VOCALS
MARK KENDALL – GUITARS
MICHAEL LARDIE – GUITARS, KEYBOARDS
AUDIE DESBROW – DRUMS
SCOTT SNYDER - BASS

For a band to continue to thrive 40 years in the music business, the mantra must be, these songs are bigger than any one member. GRAMMY nominated hard rock legends Great White are adding onto that line with the saying: expect the unexpected. It’s rock and roll, baby. The peaks and the valleys haven’t stopped– nor has the music. Great White’s ride runs deep and its passion for the music goes beyond any depth. 

Four decades in and Great White enlists Brett Carlisle to take over vocal duties and lead the charge on hit after hit. That arsenal of songs include the Grammy nominated Best Hard Rock Performance hit, “Once Bitten, Twice Shy,” Great White has sold over 10 million albums worldwide, has six Top 100 Billboard hits, nine Top 200 Billboard albums, two platinum albums, and clocked the top of MTV four times. 

To experience their hits live in concert—“Rock Me,” “Mista Bone,” “Save Your Love,” “House of Broken Love,” and “Lady Red Light”—is to ride an emotional wave of sultry connections, arousing lyrics, and an all-out marathon of hard-hitting orchestrations. Audiences might also hear tracks like “Stick It”, “The Angel Song”, “Big Time” or one of the many deep cuts from Great White’s 13 studio albums. 

California-based Great White is Mark Kendall (guitar), Michael Lardie (guitar, keyboards), Audie Desbrow (drums), Scott Snyder (bass), and Brett Carlisle (vocals). Since 1982, the Great White sound has captivated audiences worldwide with crushing, blues-based guitar riffs and swagger that invokes an emotional high for anyone that listens. The band’s core writing team of Lardie and Kendall forged numerous hits over the years, and when Desbrow joined in ’85, the grooves hooked an amazing stride. 

Now for more than a decade, Snyder has merged his unforgiving rhythm to Desbrow’s relentless percussion. Carlisle, born and raised in Alabama, brings a Southern rock charm laced with Bayou blue-based grit. 

From an early gig at the famed Los Angeles’ Troubadour, to sharing arena stages with rock’s biggest names like Judas Priest, Whitesnake, Scorpions, to globe-trotting alongside contemporaries Slaughter, Vixen, Skid Row, Vince Neil and more – Great White continues to bring its exhilarating live performance to the masses. 

EBD01E91-6DE4-4C74-81B2-7330EC3F9929.jpeg

8 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

six Top 100 Billboard hits, nine Top 200 Billboard albums

Never heard anyone brag about top 100 or top 200 before.

In the UK if you are outside the top 40, that is not classified as a hit.

• My Little Pony
21 minutes ago, lettard said:

I see in the promo shot that they have left enough room between them to just edit Brett out in the (near) future :whistle:

It's important to plan ahead. 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, lettard said:

I see in the promo shot that they have left enough room between them to just edit Brett out in the (near) future :whistle:

Looking closer at the photo, with the white outline on most of them it looks like the bulk of the band was edited in, so they probably have a template all ready to edit members in and out :lol:

On 10/16/2022 at 9:29 AM, Geoff said:

Skid Row syndrome. The "no matter how great things were at the time, we will never forgive the singer for being a drunk/dick/creep/asshole".

Only GW's is much sadder. 

Edited by AlphaMale