Cassidy Paris (Australian female fronted band)

Captain Howdy

On 6/11/2022 at 5:51 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Pretty solid. I prefer the second song. It's not perfect gear, but I like it. 

10 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Pretty solid. I prefer the second song. It's not perfect gear, but I like it. 

Think she is currently supporting Wicked Smile on tour.

Looking at her YouTube she started out doing pop music, so at least she turned to the right side of music in the end.

9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Think she is currently supporting Wicked Smile on tour.

Looking at her YouTube she started out doing pop music, so at least she turned to the right side of music in the end.

Last Thursday night she was the supported act to John Corabi.

She and her father's band ( Wicked Smile ) coming to Untied Kingdom soon

• 1 month later...

This is from Paul Laines FaceBook page

·

Cassidy Paris and I are banging out a dope track …stay tuned ….

· 291726790_430628969076768_70576150211662
New single coming soon....

• 2023 Gold Donors

Always good to hear new Paul Laine news.

Although, I think the quote below is probably more accurate. 

Nice one Paul. 👍

13 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

This is from Paul Laines FaceBook page

·

Cassidy Paris and I are banging 
New single coming soon....

Edited by Darkstone

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was reading recently that Paul actually discovered her when she was 11 years old and has been guiding her ever since.

Sure her father has helped her develop as a musician too, but cannot hurt to have someone as respected in the community on your side as well.

Oh and on a side note, it's a royal pain in the arse that the only way to buy her CDs is on her webite and one is only available to Australia and the other to the USA.

I don't get why artists limit their reach like this. If people are willing to pay international postage and it's not a country known for "missing" items, then fucking ship to them.

Edited by Captain Howdy

• 9 months later...

Signed by Frontiers:

New Signing Alert! 🎸 Welcome Cassidy Paris 🇦🇺
Drawing inspiration from powerhouses like Joan Jett, Pink, Lzzy Hale, Pat Benatar, and Avril Lavigne, this force of nature is on the mission to get the younger generation interested in rock music! 🤘💖 🤟

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

Signed by Frontiers:

New Signing Alert! 🎸 Welcome Cassidy Paris 🇦🇺
Drawing inspiration from powerhouses like Joan Jett, Pink, Lzzy Hale, Pat Benatar, and Avril Lavigne, this force of nature is on the mission to get the younger generation interested in rock music! 🤘💖 🤟

I wonder if they will get the rights to her earlier stuff like they did with GATC seeing as when I tried to order from her website they would not deliver outside Australia.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

I wonder if they will get the rights to her earlier stuff like they did with GATC seeing as when I tried to order from her website they would not deliver outside Australia.

If you asked nicely, her father is member here. His I.D. is Stevie and Wicked Smile's cover.

• 1 month later...

New video for 'Danger' from the album 'New Sensation'.

From Frontiers:

Australian rock chick Cassidy Paris has a very pired by female rockers such as Lzzy Hale, Joan Jett, Pink, Pat Benatar & Avril Lavigne, the fiercely determined teenager is on a mission to inspire a new generation of younger fans to not only listen to Rock ‘n’ Roll, but pick up a guitar instead of a phone.

At just 20yo, Cassidy has released two sold out eps – “Broken Hearted” & “Flirt”, whilst having performed multiple live shows all over her home country of Australia and now is ready to unleash her first solo record on the international markets via Frontiers Music Srl.

At the age of 11, Cassidy met singer songwriter Paul Laine (ex Danger Danger, The Defiants), who developed a unique mentoring role. Paul took Cassidy under his wing to help develop her as an artist and songwriter, collaborating with her in songwriting and producing her music.

From early on, Cassidy has wanted to deliver a strong message through her music. In 2018, she released the song 'Stand', a heartfelt song about ‘standing up for yourself’ as a young woman. Cassidy continues to deliver that message, promoting anti-bullying through performances at many schools around Melbourne, Australia and is an active campaigner for the worldwide ‘Metalheads Against Bullying’ organisation.
Cassidy has built up a strong connection with her growing worldwide fanbase that has already seen her perform in America, U.K. and Japan. She was also invited twice onto the line-up of the New Wave of Classic Rock WebFest.

Her talents have not gone unnoticed by one of the major guitar giants Fender, lending their support by joining forces with Cassidy to bring her on as an endorsee of Fender Squier Guitars. Cassidy has also joined the roster of Silverback Touring Agency.

Further to this, Cassidy has been acknowledged as a semi-finalist for her song writing efforts in the International Songwritng Competition (ISC) for Best Rock Song and Best Unsigned Artist.
2022 saw Cassidy tour Australia with the likes of support shows with John Corabi & H.E.A.T with a month long upcoming U.K. Tour in November.
Cassidy will tour the U.K. for a second time in November & December of 2023, where she will perform several festival and club dates.

Cassidy Paris = the next generation of ROCK!

Tracklisting:
1. DANGER
2. RNR HEARTS
3. HERE I AM
4. WALKING ON FIRE
5. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE
6. SONG FOR THE BROKEN HEARTED
7. SEARCHING FOR A HERO
8. LIKE I NEVER LOVED YOU
9. STAND
10. ADDICTED
11. MIDNIGHT DESIRE

Line-up:
Cassidy Paris vocals
Steve Janevski guitars
Alessandro Del Vecchio bass, keyboards, guitars, backing vocals
Mirko De Maio drums
Paul Laine backing vocals

Edited by Stefan

10 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Messaged him a while ago. Never replied.

I would get on the case and send a message off to him. 

I get him to reply here.

I like that new tune.

I've liked some of her past stuff but some of her stuff also has been just a little too poppy for me.  This one sounds pretty good though.

Hope going forward she kind of stays in the melodic rock realm....which I kind of think she might based upon her roots.