Cassidy Paris (Australian female fronted band)

Captain Howdy

22 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Ruh roh.... ADV alert!

Just what i was thinking...who would have thought :banana:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have to say I was not initially blown away by the album, but after repeated listens there are actually a lot of good songs on this. I think the problem I had with it initially is the last new album I bought was Sophie Lloyd and that album was so instananeous for me, and after that if an album doesn't land straight away, I can kinda feel let down. Glad I gave this another shot.

She doesn't have the strongest voice either, which probably was a factor and took a bit of getting used to, but now I like it.

You can defo hear Paul Laines influence on some of the songs as well.

Danger, Walking on fire, Song for the broken hearted, Like I never loved you and Stand are the five songs he co-wrote.

• 1 month later...

So this is totally weird. I preordered the album from Amazon and they kept changing the delivery date, until it got to the point they said "we will let you know when it will be dispatched". There were copies available on marketplace, but charging over the odds. and as Amazon had let me download a copy I wasn't too fussed. I did go to a few other international Amazon sites and a few other sites that sell CDs, but it was either not available or overpriced. Looked on the Frontiers store and it is not even listed.

Over a month later Amazon has cancelled my order and said they will not be able to get hold of it.

As per usual, Frontiers never reply to any of the social media posts, so no idea what the fuck is going on with making this CD so hard to get.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

As per usual, Frontiers never reply to any of the social media posts, so no idea what the fuck is going on with making this CD so hard to get.

Its available from Scott at Replay Records :drink:

https://www.replayrecords.co.uk/product-page/cassidy-paris-new-sensation

6 hours ago, lettard said:

Its available from Scott at Replay Records :drink:

https://www.replayrecords.co.uk/product-page/cassidy-paris-new-sensation

Thanks. How the hell smaller traders can get copies and Amazon can't is beyond me. Said it before, but there is something crappy going on between Amazon and Frontiers as Amazon always gets their CDs later than everyone else. They are the only label that always ships late on there.

I was considering ordering a signed copy from her website, as it's about the same price as market place sellers are charging for unsigned, but of course postage nearly doubles the price. £21 for the CD, but £36 when you add in postage.

Edited by Captain Howdy

• 1 month later...

I really loved her album, but one of the things that stood out to me is her vocal style is rather unique and not going to be everyones cup of tea. Certainly talented, but I can see why some people would not be impressed. She just posted this cover and while I love the fact she is paying homage to the era we love, her voice just does not suit this song. The Saraya cover she did was brilliant, this one though just did not do it for me. Maybe some will like it, but as a fan of hers I gotta say I was hoping for better.

• 3 weeks later...