One Desire - new song from forthcoming album

Stefan

• My Little Pony
On 6/18/2022 at 4:46 AM, Captain Howdy said:

Personally I would say they were equal in quality, but I am dumbfounded by comments like the album was not as consistant or the songs were too long. This isn't a hair metal band with 3 minute party anthems. I hardly think 5 or 6 minutes is too long.

To each their own as far as taste goes, but both their albums have been damn near perfection. And this is coming from someone more into hair metal and glam with their three minute party anthems.

I am one of the few who thinks the second is better than the debut. 

Also, when's the last time you lot have listened to Def Leppard's two biggest albums. Nearly every track is over five minutes. 

18 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Could not disagree more.

I agree. When you are Iron Maiden doing 11 minute songs, I could see complaining. But 5 or 6 minutes songs aren't too long IMO.

Edited by AlphaMale

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

I agree. When you are Iron Maiden doing 11 minute songs, I could see complaining. But 5 or 6 minutes songs aren't too long IMO.

iron maiden songs are usually progressive at that length. 

One Desire songs are nearly all standard structure and therefore no need to be over 5 mins imo.

Shadowman is a classic example, that song should fade at 5 mins. No need for an extra 90 secs of waffle, get me onto track 2 ;)

Minor gripe as I love the band, they are great live, and really humble, likeable guys 👍

14 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I am one of the few who thinks the second is better than the debut. 

Also, when's the last time you lot have listened to Def Leppard's two biggest albums. Nearly every track is over five minutes. 

Pyromania has 2 (out of 10) tracks over 5 minutes. And 3 under 4 minutes. 

Hysteria is closer at 6 out of 12.

8 hours ago, Tabe said:

and out of those tracks on Hysteria only God's of War needs to be over 5 mins imo. 

16 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I get iritated by useless noodling and atmospherics that take a 4 or 5 minute song over 6 minutes. That's irritating.

That's pretty much what One Desire did on half of their second album. They took 4 minute songs and made them over 5 and took 5 minute songs and made them over 6. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, auslander said:

I don't care what length a song is as long as I am digging it. Weird that song length seems to worry people.

My favorite song of all time is over 11 minutes so I wouldn't say it worries me, it just needs to be warranted. If an 11 minute song feels like a 4 or 5 minute song then it works; if a 5 or 6 minute song feels like an 8 or 9 minute song then it needs be trimmed by a minute or more.  It's really only the the second One Desire album where it stuck out like a sore thumb for me, and I rarely revisit it so it was really just more of an observation, then anything else. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Glen said:

and out of those tracks on Hysteria only God's of War needs to be over 5 mins imo. 

After posting, I realized I'd left out my thought that the songs on Hysteria are way too long. 

• My Little Pony
22 hours ago, Tabe said:

Clearly, I was being hyperbolic. 

• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Tabe said:

A nice companion to my tendency to be pedantic. 

I feel like we're gonna be the best of friends. 

;}

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Any news on this?

Yes. It was a one off song, not news of a new album https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topic/40958-one-desire-new-song-from-forthcoming-album/?do=findComment&comment=827852