Restless Spirits (Tony Hernando) - Second To None

Stefan

51369882_423082588433295_594902568778334

New album 'Second To None' out August 5 through Frontiers.

From facebook:

Restless Spirits album number 2 completed and ready to be delivered to Frontiers Records!

If you liked the debut album...well you're gonna love this one way mooooore!!!

Edited by Stefan

• 1 month later...

New song 'I Need A Lil' White Lie' feat. Kent Hilli.

Press release:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to present the second release from Restless Spirits, the Melodic Rock/AOR project from Lords Of Black guitarist Tony Hernando. "Second To None" features guest vocals from three exciting up-and-coming singers, Kent Hilli (Perfect Plan, GIANT), Chez Kane, and Renan Zonta (Electric Mob), and one well respected scene veteran, Johnny Gioeli (Hardline). It will be released on August 5, 2022. 

Restless Spirits' "Second To None" not only highlights Hernando’s talents as a musician and songwriter, but also showcases some of the most outstanding vocal talents around, regardless of genre. A must hear for fans of melodic hard rock and AOR!

Lords of Black guitarist Tony Hernando is one of the most talented and prolific musicians in the European hard rock scene today. His debut album under the moniker Restless Spirits saw Tony stepping away from the metal musical style Lords Of Black that he is known for and featured different singers on an array of songs covering the melodic hard rock genre. Guest vocalists included a who’s who of the current melodic and hard rock scenes: Johnny Gioeli (Hardline, Axel Rudi Pell), Deen Castronovo (Revolution Saints, ex-Journey), Dino Jelusick (ex-Animal Drive), Kent Hilli (Perfect Plan), Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline), and Diego Valdez (Dream Child). Deen Castronovo also played drums on the entirety of the album.

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

Kent Hilli is on a definite winning streak! Perfect Plan, his excellent solo release, Giant, and now this… 👍

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, whiplash1972 said:

Kent Hilli is on a definite winning streak! Perfect Plan, his excellent solo release, Giant, and now this… 👍

I'm def not tired of him. ;}

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 8:20 PM, lettard said:

Is this the same drill as the debut...different singers involved for each track?

Tracklisting:
1.    Need A Lil' White Lie ft. Kent Hilli
2.    Hey You ft. Chez Kane
3.    Dreams Of The Wild ft. Chez Kane
4.    Until The End Of Time ft. Chez Kane
5.    A Dream To Be Lost In Time ft. Renan Zonta
6.    And Yet It Breaks ft. Renan Zonta
7.    Too Many ft. Johnny Gioeli
8.    Nothin' Dirty Here ft. Johnny Gioeli
9.    Always A Pretender ft. Johnny Gioeli
10.    No Time Wasters ft. Renan Zonta
11.    Dirty Money ft. Kent Hilli

Line-Up:
Johnny Gioeli - Vocals on Track 7, 8, 9
Kent Hilli - Vocals on Track 1, 11
Chez Kane - Vocals on Track 2, 3, 4
Renan Zonta - Vocals on Track 5, 6, 10
Tony Hernando - Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Background Vocals
Victor Diez - Piano, Keyboards
Matt De Vallejo - Drums

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Apart from Renan, that's a solid set of vocalists. 

Yeah i'd agree,not the biggest Electric Mob fan...but i'd like hear more of Chez  great singer(and gorgeous too)...Johnny still has solid pipes and Kent is a class act .

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Kent Hilli, Chez Kane, and Johnny Gioeli - yeah, I'll take that as a lineup of singers.

Here's the first single, "Need a Little White Lie" ft. Kent Hilli.  I dig it.

Dude, don't you read the thread before posting? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• My Little Pony

The new single should be out by now. It's called "Need a Little White Lie" with our boy Kent Hilli. I can't be bothered to post it, but I'm surprised @Stefanhasn't, yet. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The new single should be out by now. It's called "Need a Little White Lie" with our boy Kent Hilli. I can't be bothered to post it, but I'm surprised @Stefanhasn't, yet. 

Hey, you forgot to post the video. So here it is:

B)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, mixed feelings is the right phrase here.  This album isn't bad but it's bland and forgettable.  The two Kent Hilli songs are probably my favorites but they sound very similar to other stuff he's done.  

There's just nothing here that stands out.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:11 PM, heavyharmonies said:

The Chez Kane tracks do absolutely nothing for me.

Yeah, this really surprised me about the album. Weakest songs are the ones with her, but otherwise, I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised with this album. I am not sure I heard the debut and didn't know what to expect with this one, but I really enjoyed it. 

'Need A Lil' White Lie' is such a killer opener. Elsewhere, I admit it's pretty one-dimensional, but as I've said in the past about things like this, it's a pretty good dimension. 

'A Dream To Be Lost In Time' is a bit bland, but otherwise, from track 4 onwards I really enjoy the whole thing.