Best albums of 2022

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I'll be playing something ridiculous like 1000+ great songs every time I spin my 2022 playlist well into the future. It's a killer playlist. Just a shame that when we're talking about albums, no artist could string together 10 killer cuts for any one truly great album, imo. 

Yeah agree.. enjoy listening to my playlist more than playing my fave albums from 2022.

4 hours ago, Glen said:

Plenty of albums in my top 10 will be played for years to come. Some great albums this year imo. 

I agree. And if you like prog, there were also some absolute gems in that genre. A very strong year for music.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Leh. Did you enjoy what you were listening to in 2022? I've given up on trying to keep up for the sake of being caught up. The majority of the best albums are still from the 80's and early 90's. 

Well, of course. Chez Kane and City of Lights are two that stand out in particular, but normally I'd have much more to add to this conversation.

That said, I wish I would have made more time to listen to the releases I think I would have liked, or did like but didn't give a lot of listening time to, or albums I was initially excited about like Black Swan, H.E.A.T (even though it is admittedly one of their weaker efforts), Generation Radio, Ronnie Atkins, Nordic Union, Crashdiet, Iconic, FM, Ginevra, The Ferrymen, Sunstorm*, etc.

Of course, then also comes the issue of actually being able to get the music, which I'm sure you can all relate to on some level. I only just picked up the Skills album and Treat's The Endgame yesterday. 

Had a run through pretty much everything from this year that I have...so things have changed/shook up...

01. Remedy - Things That Your Eyes Won't See

02. Crashdiet - Automaton

03. Kissin' Dynamite - Not The End Of The Road

04. Chez Kane - Powerzone

05. Degreed - Are You Ready

06. Dan Reed Network - Let's Hear It For The King

07. Cats In Space - Kickstart The Sun

08. Devil's Train - Ashes & Bones

09. H.e.a.t - Force Majeure

10. Caught In Action - Devil's Tango

Just missing out(for me)...Ozzy , Black Swan , Skid Row , White Tyger , Madhouse , Perfect Plan  , Treat and even though its an E.P Walker 

Edited by lettard
completely left one out!! ffs :(
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite albums in no particular order... 

The Midnight - Heroes

Pales Waves - Unwanted

Degreed - Are You Ready? 

Rob Moratti - Epical

Palace - One For The Road

Megadeth - The Sick, The Dying, And The Dead! 

Ultraboss - Yatchmaster

Dayseeker - Dark Sun

Friday Night Firefight - Somewhere Nowhere

Treat - The Endgame

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 10:22 AM, Glen said:

So out of interest, aside from Geoff, what does everyone else think of the latest Kissin Dynamite album?

My take on it is songs like Not the End, Only the Dead, Yoko Ono, Hallelujah, No One Dies, Defeat It, Voodoo Spell were all awesome slabs of melodic rock and miles better than virtually any other song they'd ever released??

Add to that 2 great ballads in Gone for Good & Scars and you have a consistently great melodic rock album.

So guys, am I right. or am I the only twat liking this thing?? 🤔 

The album was lauded by most on here, but I thought it was just ok.  

7 hours ago, tobi is an animal said:

The album was lauded by most on here, but I thought it was just ok.  

Great album and was my #1 for the year, but this is my favorite song from them(so far)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/3/2023 at 10:30 AM, Geoff said:

I have rated 261 albums from 70-82% (82% being my highest rating of the year) so I kind of go to my point above.

May you explain me how your rating system works or gimme a link where I can see more about it? I often wondered the last few weeks or months, how the guys here (and especially you) rate their albums.

Thanks, Paddy

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2024 at 2:28 AM, swisspaddy said:

May you explain me how your rating system works or gimme a link where I can see more about it? I often wondered the last few weeks or months, how the guys here (and especially you) rate their albums.

Thanks, Paddy

Sorry mate, been a while since I dropped by, but pretty "simple" for me, I guess, lol, 'cause I've been doing it so long.

But I simply just rate each song out of 10 in increments of 0.25. So just rate each song out of 10 and then take the average, times 10, to get a score out of 100. Then this is summarised in a spreadsheet with just the total scores. 

Hope that makes sense. If not, ask away and I'll expand. Don't really have any links because it's all just on spreadsheets. :)

I've always just graded songs as...

Perfect

Really good

Great (would make a best of list)

Good (may or may not make a best of list)

Average

Shit

As to the thread itself, Kissin Dynamite is almost impossible to be beaten as best album this year.

Number 2 would be Scarlet Rebels I think.

• Like 1