Michael Sweet has yet another side project ... quantity over quality?

Captain Howdy

Heading to LA right now to film 2 music videos for a new band project on Frontiers Music srl called “Iconic”.
I co-wrote the album with Joel Hoekstra Alessandro Del Vecchio and Nathan James and if you like Whitesnake “1987”, you’re gonna love this;-) Of course the incomparable Tommy Aldridge is drumming and Marco Mendoza is playing bass.
I’m very blessed to be a part of it and to be able to work with the best of the best.
When I return, I sing the new Stryper album! It’s sounding absolutely stellar! Our best yet!!
I’m very grateful for all that I’m allowed to do and never ever take it for granted🙏

Its odd how every so often somebody either an artist or a band will unload more then we can listen to, or as it generally turns out, more then we want to listen to, it reminds me of what I felt awhile back when Dirty Looks seem to release like 10 albums in 2 years, I know it wasn't that many, but that's how it felt, as it literally sounded like they just recorded all the same songs, with different lyrics, not a lot of good songs came out of that obnoxious run right before Henrik passed away.

• My Little Pony
15 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Its odd how every so often somebody either an artist or a band will unload more then we can listen to, or as it generally turns out, more then we want to listen to, it reminds me of what I felt awhile back when Dirty Looks seem to release like 10 albums in 2 years, I know it wasn't that many, but that's how it felt, as it literally sounded like they just recorded all the same songs, with different lyrics, not a lot of good songs came out of that obnoxious run right before Henrik passed away.

That might not be a fair comparison, as Henrik might have been trying to release as much as he could knowing he wasn't gonna live long. And weren't most of those demos and live recordings?

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

I find his vocals annoying at times. He oversings a lot.

Great singer but I agree he can be hit or miss. Still not bought the Sunbomb album yet because what I heard grated on me with regards to his vocals, and that's a shame as Tracii rips it up.

7 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

That might not be a fair comparison, as Henrik might have been trying to release as much as he could knowing he wasn't gonna live long. And weren't most of those demos and live recordings?

I just meant the way I felt about it, generally anybody who releases that much in that short of time, isnt going to be all that high quality, id rather them just take their time, who wants a disc full of shitty demos, if they are that bad, just dont release it, I wouldnt release it.

9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Great singer but I agree he can be hit or miss. Still not bought the Sunbomb album yet because what I heard grated on me with regards to his vocals, and that's a shame as Tracii rips it up.

I got it cheap on Amazon. It wasn't as heavy as was being stated which means I quite liked it. I don't have the same issues people seem to with Sweet's vocals. There are far more irritating singers no-one seems to dislike.

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, auslander said:

I don't have the same issues people seem to with Sweet's vocals. There are far more irritating singers no-one seems to dislike.

Truu!

On 2/24/2022 at 11:56 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Heading to LA right now to film 2 music videos for a new band project on Frontiers Music srl called “Iconic”.
I co-wrote the album with Joel Hoekstra Alessandro Del Vecchio and Nathan James and if you like Whitesnake “1987”, you’re gonna love this;-) Of course the incomparable Tommy Aldridge is drumming and Marco Mendoza is playing bass.
I’m very blessed to be a part of it and to be able to work with the best of the best.
When I return, I sing the new Stryper album! It’s sounding absolutely stellar! Our best yet!!
I’m very grateful for all that I’m allowed to do and never ever take it for granted🙏

cats-1.jpg

'Second Skin' out June 17 through Frontiers.

I generally like non Stryper stuff from MS more these days.
His first solo album was killer, one of my all time favorites.
Likening this to Whitesnake is good enough for me.
Hope there are some mid tempo and ballady songs tehre as well.