Australian (Not) Open for Djokovic

nyoilers

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

But you still seem to have this unreasonable fear that it's going to mess with you. Where does this come from, if not the media? They're the only ones feeding that narrative. 

It is not a fear, I expect to get it,a nd as said, I expect to be ok.
But it is not unreasonable to

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

lol, what is that? Why not get it and move on? Here's the better question - why get it? 

I could insert water into my body via a syringe if I wanted. I could do a whole bunch of things and move on, but why would I? I don't get flu vaccines because I don't think that being sick and getting through it is a bad thing.

k that I might just roll through it.
It's pretty simple, some people get covid and are ok, others get really sick, and some die.
I simply decided to reduce my risk of illness.
Media has nothing to do with it. You seem to think nobody can form their own opinion without being heavily influenced by the media.
Here's what really helped influence me - the whole damn world shut down.  That doesn't happen because of media.

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

And I also didn't understand your thoughts on Novak without them being monstrously influenced by media opinion. I can't understand how anyone could possibly justify him being kicked out of the country, again, unless you just swallow all the bullshit the media feeds us. 

I like rules and  laws. They help us live.
The rule was no entry without double vax. He tried to get in without that, and he also lied on his visa.
Fuck him, he gets no special treatment.
Take away the double vax condition and I still say he doesn't get in because of the visa lie. 
Simple.
Not everything has to come back to vax requirements only.

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

But that's not how this country works. If someone is admitted to hospital with measles, mumps, whooping cough, chickenpox etc. we've never asked them to pay their bills, have we? If you're going to charge people for being in hospital with covid, fair enough, but then they must also be reimbursed that same amount of money, from the government, if they get covid and don't need to go to hospital... as is the case in the overwhelming majority of cases. Sounds stupid? Of course it does.

Yep, fair pointy.
See I can alter my opinion, unlike others. You should try it. :) 
One thing I would say is that the other things you mentioned don't affect everyone like covid, as in shutting everything down, forcing masks to be worn etc.

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

There is absolutely no way in the world that you can say someone is in hospital with covid just because they're unvaccinated, and by the same token say that they wouldn't be in there if they were vaccinated. That's just a complete grasping at straws. 

Really?
Seems the radical anti vaxxers have got to you and influenced you.
Pretty widely accepted that vaxxed people are less likely to get seriously ill and require hospitals...

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

The amount of sympathy you or anyone feels for anyone else is completely irrelevant. It's the fact that in any context you'd feel a different way about an unvaxxed person compared to a vaxxed person. Again, this Us vs Them thing is a complete byproduct of what is being fed to us by our media and government. 

Wow, do you read my posts?
I've said over and over, I don't give a fuck if you're vaxxed or not.
Most of my customers are unvaxxed.
It's their choice, this is part of being against mandatory vaccination.

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

lol, what is that? Why not get it and move on? Here's the better question - why get it? 

I could insert water into my body via a syringe if I wanted. I could do a whole bunch of things and move on, but why would I? I don't get flu vaccines because I don't think that being sick and getting through it is a bad thing.

Weird.
Why would you?
If you have no particular aversion to it, just do it to do the right thing.
You can take that as in spreading less covid if you get it because you're vaxxed, and not endangering vulnerable.
You can that that as in doing the right thing by society, and being a part of a community.
You can that that as in helping to end this shit show.

Like I said, you need to decide if the vaccine is bad, or if it's more about the mandate.
If it's the mandate, then cool, I stand with you, and raise my fist with you, etc etc
But why there are so many pussies running around saying "vaccination bad" "untested" "scared of it, but it's useless" etc etc I don't know.

• Like 2

I mean, it's not like people aren't dying from this.
Every time you turn around there's someone else you know of who's been taken.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/music/music-industry-titan-glenn-wheatley-dies-aged-74-c-5529301

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Media has nothing to do with it. You seem to think nobody can form their own opinion without being heavily influenced by the media.

Ain't that the truth.

If anyone disagrees with you then you are just a sheep who is controlled by the media and government.How silly is that !

I got vaccinated and glad I did.My niece,who is a doctor,strongly advises everyone to get the Vax.I would put her knowledge ahead of any YouTube resurcher :rofl2:

14 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

It is not a fear, I expect to get it,a nd as said, I expect to be ok.
But it is not unreasonable to

I know you said you thought you'd be okay in the last post, but on the page before you thought it might hit you hard, so I met you in the middle. All I mean is that if you fear covid, do you also fear everything else that can harm or kill you and alter your life to accomodate that fear? 

It's pretty simple, some people get covid and are ok, others get really sick, and some die.
I simply decided to reduce my risk of illness.
Here's what really helped influence me - the whole damn world shut down.  That doesn't happen because of media.

Haha, I know you can be a bit of a scatterbrain and I think that's what happened here and you think I asked you why you took the vaccine? I don't even know why you answered like this, but good on you. I am 100% all for - as I have said a billion times - people making up their own mind about things. If you wanted the vaccine I would 100% support that desire, but it doesn't mean that everyone around you must do the same. 

I don't think people with different opinions can't form their own opinion without media, but it is blatantly obvious to me when someone's opinion is basically a transcript of what the media is shoving down our throats. 

Interesting line, that last one. I have heard the term "media's pandemic" tossed around before and I can see where it stems from. 

I like rules and  laws. They help us live.
The rule was no entry without double vax. He tried to get in without that, and he also lied on his visa.
Fuck him, he gets no special treatment.
Take away the double vax condition and I still say he doesn't get in because of the visa lie. 
Simple.
Not everything has to come back to vax requirements only.

This is exactly the type of petty crap that has made so many Australians and millions around the globe despise what Australia has become. Fucking pathetic, mate. Again, you're a bit all over the place again, kind of contradicting yourself, but you do know he wasn't deported because of vaccination or visa issues? He had a completely legitimate exemption to play unvaccinated and the visa garbage was purely a media beat up (again, I don't make these assumptions about people unless they make me make those assumptions). He was deported because that Immigration Minister braindead fuck was "concerned that the support of anti-vaccination groups for Djokovic may encourage protests and further community transmission."

If you honestly think that is a valid reason for someone to be deported from this country, I pity you more than I can say, and dread the type of country you want to live in. 

Yep, fair pointy.
See I can alter my opinion, unlike others. You should try it. :) 
One thing I would say is that the other things you mentioned don't affect everyone like covid, as in shutting everything down, forcing masks to be worn etc.

lol. I should alter my opinion? Why? About what? I change my mind as most others do on things, but only for valid reason. What valid thing would you like me to change my mind about? 

ARGH! You can't possibly think like this. I don't feel healthy in this discussion. Did covid shut everything down, force us to weak masks and "affect everyone?" Or did our government do that? Fuck, mate. You honestly can't understand why I think your opinion might be warped by what the media feeds you? It's really too hard to comprehend how I reached that conclusion? 

Really?
Seems the radical anti vaxxers have got to you and influenced you.
Pretty widely accepted that vaxxed people are less likely to get seriously ill and require hospitals...

Yes, unvaccinated people are in hospital, but so are vaccinated people and my point is that millions of unvaccinated and vaccinated people also do not require hospital visits. I don't doubt that an expert in the field could probably make an argument that a lot of people, whether they are vaccinated or not, are more likely to end up in hospital than others. And alternatively, a far larger group of people, unvaccinated or not, will not require hospital treatment. I know I'm not making this point clear, but I'd think hospitalisation would generally have far more to do with your pre-existing health conditions rather than your vaccination status. Generally speaking. 

Wow, do you read my posts?
I've said over and over, I don't give a fuck if you're vaxxed or not.
Most of my customers are unvaxxed.
It's their choice, this is part of being against mandatory vaccination.

Haha, at you asking if I read your posts. The irony is delightful. Yes, I read your posts and this whole pile of horse shit started with you and DP basically saying how it's okay for unvaccinated people to die as if they're a lesser part of society now that all the vaxxed people are doing the right things and the unvaxxed are not. 

Weird.
Why would you?
If you have no particular aversion to it, just do it to do the right thing.
You can take that as in spreading less covid if you get it because you're vaxxed, and not endangering vulnerable.
You can that that as in doing the right thing by society, and being a part of a community.
You can that that as in helping to end this shit show.

Like I said, you need to decide if the vaccine is bad, or if it's more about the mandate.
If it's the mandate, then cool, I stand with you, and raise my fist with you, etc etc
But why there are so many pussies running around saying "vaccination bad" "untested" "scared of it, but it's useless" etc etc I don't know.

Holy shit mate you saved the best for last. So, you don't allow the media to tell you how to think, but you say things like "Just do the right thing." Fuck it, I can't just take parts of your post. Just re-read the whole thing. Is that a transcript from a channel 7 news report? Or did you copy and paste it from Dan Andrews' website? What even is that? 

Do the right thing? Because you think it's the right thing?
Get vaxxed so as not to spread covid? Really? Fucking really, mate? How's that going for the 20,000 people daily, or whatever number it is now? You can't be this daft, surely, my man. 

The right thing by society and community? Where did all this even come from? Has a robot taken over your body?

Help put an end to this shit show? Really? You mean like everyone did a year ago when they got vaxxed and now barely anything has changed? How is anything we do ever going to put an end to this? Are our leaders going to un-fucking idiot themselves if we all "do the right things?" Mate, this is the biggest garbage you've penned on this site yet. :(

When have I ever suggested the vaccine is bad? When have I ever not said how much I am against mandates? Didn't you ask me if I read you posts? You read mine but you've never got the impression I might be against mandates? 

12 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Ain't that the truth.

If anyone disagrees with you then you are just a sheep who is controlled by the media and government.How silly is that !

I got vaccinated and glad I did.My niece,who is a doctor,strongly advises everyone to get the Vax.I would put her knowledge ahead of any YouTube resurcher :rofl2:

This guy. Seriously. I actually typed and then just deleted a whole paragraph. I don't think I need to bother with you, though, as I think your posts paint a clear enough picture that I don't need to add anything further. 

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 1

This video below while starting off about the Joe Rogan witch-hunt is actually more about how the mainstream media has consistently lied or misrepresented the truth around Corona (Rachel Maddow - the vaxxine stops virus transmission) along with demonstrating the absolute hypocrisy and conflict of interest of health experts like Fauci (who is linked to the actual creation of the virus).

I know most won't watch it cause they are set in their ways, but I prefer truth even if it challenges set beliefs.

And I am no anti-vaxxer. I am triple-vaxxed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auslander said:

This video below while starting off about the Joe Rogan witch-hunt is actually more about how the mainstream media has consistently lied or misrepresented the truth around Corona (Rachel Maddow - the vaxxine stops virus transmission) along with demonstrating the absolute hypocrisy and conflict of interest of health experts like Fauci (who is linked to the actual creation of the virus).

I know most won't watch it cause they are set in their ways, but I prefer truth even if it challenges set beliefs.

Yeah, I watched this one today. I'm increasingly begin to enjoy Brand more and more. Very interesting thinker and I have enjoyed a lot of his recent videos. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

I know you said you thought you'd be okay in the last post, but on the page before you thought it might hit you hard, so I met you in the middle. All I mean is that if you fear covid, do you also fear everything else that can harm or kill you and alter your life to accomodate that fear?

Did I think it might hit me hard?
Don't recall that and too lazy to look, but if I did, then I changed my mind.
You do know that you're allowed to do that?
Regardless, in reality I have no idea how hard I'll get hit, until it happens.

Yes, I do alter my life to suit perceived dangers.
I generally don't get a flu shot, but if there is a bad flu around I will, because I don't wanna get sick.
I wear a seat belt in a car.
I have never smoked, it was always weird to me that people would harm themselves like that.
I've never done drugs, and these days only drink 4 or 5 times a year.
I'd love to skydive, but don't know if I ever will.
Once in the UK, I was on the subway and my daughter and I changed carrages because I saw what i believed was a danger (not going to describe it as it is easily seen as racist)
I don't text and drive.
I won't get into as car with someone if they have drunk too much.
Not sure if you do these as well, or if you just live life on the edge...

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

If you honestly think that is a valid reason for someone to be deported from this country, I pity you more than I can say, and dread the type of country you want to live in. 

Don't confuse my opinion with me really giving a shit.
If you think my opinion on this makes me a hypocrite in some way, then so be it.
Maybe next week I'll be on board with you.
Sometimes I hate that we still have boat people sitting in detention, sometimes I think "fuck them they shouldn't have tried to junp the queue to get here".
Sometimes I think both things at the same time.
That's pretty hypocritcal, so what? Who cares, I won't deny being a hypocrite at times.
Doesn't ever make anything I say less my opinion.

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

ARGH! You can't possibly think like this. I don't feel healthy in this discussion. Did covid shut everything down, force us to weak masks and "affect everyone?" Or did our government do that? Fuck, mate. You honestly can't understand why I think your opinion might be warped by what the media feeds you? It's really too hard to comprehend how I reached that conclusion? 

Rwally? no the governemnst reacted to a virus around the world, all pretty much the same way.
So yes, and this might be a weird concept for you, effectively covid shut down the world.
ie: if covid didn't happen the world wouldn't have shut down.
ie: it was the cause.
Not sure I can explain more.

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

but I'd think hospitalisation would generally have far more to do with your pre-existing health conditions rather than your vaccination status. Generally speaking. 

Yes, a shame that many people choose not to want to help these vulnerable people.
Let me summarise for you.
all people get to go to hospital due to getting this virus.
Vaccination helps you not end up in hospital, and helps you not get severely ill.
Vaccination supposedly reduces the spread of the virus.
People with pre-existing conditions are more vulnerable.
You think this info came from the media and is wrong? OK......

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, at you asking if I read your posts. The irony is delightful. Yes, I read your posts and this whole pile of horse shit started with you and DP basically saying how it's okay for unvaccinated people to die as if they're a lesser part of society now that all the vaxxed people are doing the right things and the unvaxxed are not. 

Really I said unvaxxed poeple were a lesser part of society?
OK
And yes, vaxxed people are doing the right thing by society and unvaxxed are not.
this is my opinion. so what? I'm allowed to think that.
I'm not running around preaching it, only stating it when I need to like right here.
Just because you don't agree doesn't make my opinion less valid.

Fuck, I'm niot quoting you any more.
It's redundant.

You think I am controlled by the media.
Irony here is that the only media I ever watch is the odd sky news clip on youtube. And they are far right.
You probably think I sit watching the ABC or the Project.
That's ok, think what you will.

I've found that my argument here with you is basically me defending my thoughts and you telling me that they aren't my thoughts, but thos of the media nad hysteria and maybe some sort of sheep cult mentality.

Sad that you couldn't discuss it without having to constntly default to some sort of brainwashing all the time.
Smacks of weak arguments to me, so I'll just leave it alone.

Until I feel like arguing again. Hypocritical maybe, but I;m cool with that :) 

Just keep in mind that any comments to you on this from now on are either taking the piss, having a laff, or just provoking.
I will enjoy that far more.

8 hours ago, auslander said:

Not only have the media misrepresented this, but also the governments.
Remember when it started?
Masks are bad (when they are in short supply)
Masks are mandatory (when there are shitloads)
covid is transmitted via contact, so supermarkets must steralize self checkouts and trolleys etc.
Then this all stopped. Why? How transmissable is this via touch?
Any mask is good.
Only really high end masks are good.
covid is not really transmissable outside
Masks are mandated outside, all the time

I could go on, but the most fucked thing is the lack of definitive information considering the amount of transmission there is.
Where are all the percentages of reduced illness from vaccination? Where are the proven stats?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

I should alter my opinion? Why? About what? I change my mind as most others do on things, but only for valid reason. What valid thing would you like me to change my mind about? 

can I just say, that in my conversations online with you over the last 15 years, I have never once seen you openly admit and change your mind on any subject, including music.

just saying 😉👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Glen said:

can I just say, that in my conversations online with you over the last 15 years, I have never once seen you openly admit and change your mind on any subject, including music.

just saying 😉👍

Haha. You're obviously saying that as a bad thing, but I don't mind that. I guess it means I have strong convictions and stand by what I say? Or something gay like that. I dunno. But yeah, I don't think that's a bad thing. Like I say, if you can show me something in all of that which was blatantly wrong or something that I should change my mind on, for valid reason, I am more than happy to look into it. 

Otherwise, I guess we just assume that I have an incredible ability to get it right the first time, every time? ;) 

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Not only have the media misrepresented this, but also the governments.
Remember when it started?
Masks are bad (when they are in short supply)
Masks are mandatory (when there are shitloads)
covid is transmitted via contact, so supermarkets must steralize self checkouts and trolleys etc.
Then this all stopped. Why? How transmissable is this via touch?
Any mask is good.
Only really high end masks are good.
covid is not really transmissable outside
Masks are mandated outside, all the time

I could go on, but the most fucked thing is the lack of definitive information considering the amount of transmission there is.
Where are all the percentages of reduced illness from vaccination? Where are the proven stats?

Haha, would have helped if you said something like that two pages ago instead of your mad anti-vaxx rant, to someone who isn't even, or ever stated to be anything even resembling anti-vaxx. ;)

Which Geoff is this?

Is it the one who doesn't read, absorb and understand posts, the one who has been indoctrinated into the anti vax cult and regularly throws hate at vaccinations, or the Geoff who enjoys misquoting, misrepresenting and twisting words to suit how he feels minute to minute?

5 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Which Geoff is this?

Is it the one who doesn't read, absorb and understand posts, the one who has been indoctrinated into the anti vax cult and regularly throws hate at vaccinations, or the Geoff who enjoys misquoting, misrepresenting and twisting words to suit how he feels minute to minute?

lol, says the kettle? 

Would love for you to actually display one quote, from anywhere, that enforces this antivaxx narrative you've run with for the last few pages. 

Mate, you have a history of misreading and not understanding posts, and this is nothing more than another defining chapter in that cycle. I do enjoy the ironic stupidity of posts like that, though. :)

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

lol, says the kettle? 

Would love for you to actually display one quote, from anywhere, that enforces this antivaxx narrative you've run with for the last few pages. 

Mate, you have a history of misreading and not understanding posts, and this is nothing more than another defining chapter in that cycle. I do enjoy the ironic stupidity of posts like that, though. :)

See I got there.

I actually do understand how it feels to make posts like you do.

It's fun to watch someone try to defend themselves when they have been misquoted and misrepresented.

This must be how you feel.

I like it, I think I'll continue for a while.

One thing that did stick out for me was when you said that covid was created by the US govt, taken to China and released as a population control.

Even though it doesn't exactly match your "covid is at best a weak cold" rhetoric, it is food for thought...

8 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

See I got there.

I actually do understand how it feels to make posts like you do.

It's fun to watch someone try to defend themselves when they have been misquoted and misrepresented.

This must be how you feel.

I like it, I think I'll continue for a while.

One thing that did stick out for me was when you said that covid was created by the US govt, taken to China and released as a population control.

Even though it doesn't exactly match your "covid is at best a weak cold" rhetoric, it is food for thought...

Is it that you've been misquoted and misrepresented, or more that you are saddened by our discussion, which included direct actual quoted quotes, and thought that the only logical solution was a mass hissy-fit spread out across as many threads as possible? 

Just now, Geoff said:

Is it that you've been misquoted and misrepresented, or more that you are saddened by our discussion, which included direct actual quoted quotes, and thought that the only logical solution was a mass hissy-fit spread out across as many threads as possible? 

I mean, I was feeling kinda fulfilled in giving you some shit for the way you make things up and twist comments.

When you start telling people they are wrong, rather than discussing, as you generally do, your argument becomes redundant and meaningless.

But, if you'd like to continue, I am very happy to take the low road. The low road is much more fun that the high road

9 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I mean, I was feeling kinda fulfilled in giving you some shit for the way you make things up and twist comments.

When you start telling people they are wrong, rather than discussing, as you generally do, your argument becomes redundant and meaningless.

But, if you'd like to continue, I am very happy to take the low road. The low road is much more fun that the high road

Very happy for you to continue. You're holding yourself in such good stead that I'd hate for you to fall short of fulfilling your goals. Keep at it, please. 

I don't think that my apparently telling people they're wrong and not discussing things was part of this petty little onslaught, though, so again, one instance of that would be most appreciated. Shouldn't be too hard for you to find there, pal, with all that alleged ammunition at your disposal? 

My first reply to all this was the one about the kettle calling the pot black, or vice versa. Whatever the fuck that saying is. But I think that's my favourite part of all this. 

You are fierce! 

Onslaught?

Haha, this is fun.

Pal, sport,champ, buddy, little soldier.

See you're posting like a kid in a playpen.

Soon someone will come in and say.

"OK, enough, you both look like fools"

😀

14 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Onslaught?

Haha, this is fun.

Pal, sport,champ, buddy, little soldier.

See you're posting like a kid in a playpen.

Soon someone will come in and say.

"OK, enough, you both look like fools"

😀

I guess that's it then, digger. You taught me the lesson of a lifetime and broke me down. Damn your vigour. 

Uhh... guys (and I use the term loosely), could you keep your little tit-for-tat limited to one thread rather than having it invade every topic on the board? If you like, I can make a special subforum for it called "Geoff and CureTheSane's Spooning Room"...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Been reading a few reports today that Djokovic is going to be vaccinated ASAP. Will probably annoy the anti-vaxx crowd, but in my view he is just like many needing to get the vaxx in order to keep doing his job. So, I hope people cut him some slack if he does do it.

3 hours ago, auslander said:

Been reading a few reports today that Djokovic is going to be vaccinated ASAP. Will probably annoy the anti-vaxx crowd, but in my view he is just like many needing to get the vaxx in order to keep doing his job. So, I hope people cut him some slack if he does do it.

Financial incentives have a way of clarifying things....

9 hours ago, auslander said:

And this here basically sums up the degree as to how fucked up the world we live in today is. 

• 1 month later...