Tesla - Cold Blue Steel

tts42572

Not bad,and as AlphaMale pointed out glad they did away with the def lep sound,its more like tesla even if I felt it plodded a bit...was awaiting the tempo to rise at some point and it never did,still its not bad

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Not bad,and as AlphaMale pointed out glad they did away with the def lep sound,its more like tesla even if I felt it plodded a bit...was awaiting the tempo to rise at some point and it never did,still its not bad

100% agree on all of this.  Kept waiting for the uptick and it never came.

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Yeah...Agree too.  I basically dig it in comparison to most of their last album is mostly what I meant.

Still decent tune though considering where they're at in their careers.  At least they still are trying to rock.

Boggy production and to be honest a pretty lazy sounding arrangement, but definitely 100% more Tesla than the last effort. Lyrically, if nothing more, it's definitely the old Tesla we know and love. Just need to work on the quality of the actual song, though. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Better than their last stuff they put out but this is still average to me. Have to say, this sounds like a “Hang Tough” rip off. Maybe it will grow on me with more time. I hope the rest of the album is better. I am glad they lost the Def Tesla sound.  

Edited by headbanger4life
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, CureTheSane said:

I preferred that last album Def Lep style.
Music was more melodic and hooky

Said the only person ever. ;)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Geoff said:

Said the only person ever. ;)

haha, it's what it's :) 

Tesla are one of those bands who make a lot of music that I don't really like as much as others.
If I posted my best of compilation for them, people would be crying out for popular songs that were omitted.

19 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

haha, it's what it's :) 

Tesla are one of those bands who make a lot of music that I don't really like as much as others.
If I posted my best of compilation for them, people would be crying out for popular songs that were omitted.

That's the beauty of Tesla, though. You could almost pick any song from their first four studio albums (could make a case for first five) and argue it's place on a compilation. Outstanding band with an outstanding early catalogue.