Aussies

Leykis101

I noticed the other day, theres almost no Americans left on HH, and theres a shitload of Aussies, does anyone remember Evil Rick? or Glen Eagle? it's funny how when I go back through my old posts to the beginning, none of those people are even on here anymore, outside of Dan, who is the longest surviving person still active on here? I guess I dont think alot about it cause I talk to those guys everyday on Melodic Mafia, but theres still many I used to converse with faithfully, even by email, there was a girl on here I use to trade mp3's with, I cant think of her name, but she had alot of Hi-Tech shit that was impossible to find, thats where I got Blizz from, does anyone know the chick im talking about? she mightve been an aussie too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

I noticed the other day, theres almost no Americans left on HH, and theres a shitload of Aussies, does anyone remember Evil Rick? or Glen Eagle? it's funny how when I go back through my old posts to the beginning, none of those people are even on here anymore, outside of Dan, who is the longest surviving person still active on here? I guess I dont think alot about it cause I talk to those guys everyday on Melodic Mafia, but theres still many I used to converse with faithfully, even by email, there was a girl on here I use to trade mp3's with, I cant think of her name, but she had alot of Hi-Tech shit that was impossible to find, thats where I got Blizz from, does anyone know the chick im talking about? she mightve been an aussie too.

all on FB now mate 

Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, but I loathe Facebook and all other social media. Forget about the politicization and other social BS, I mean just from a usability perspective. Everything is just "the here and now". It's impossible to find old discussions. It's difficult as hell to keep things sorted chronologically. FB keeps hiding some of the replies as it micromanages what YOU should think is important and should want to read. The platform keeps getting in your way and forcing you to read some things and not others.

I don't understand why people keep using the damned thing. Or have we as a collective society deteriorated so far that nobody engages in long-term discussions anymore?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, but I loathe Facebook and all other social media. Forget about the politicization and other social BS, I mean just from a usability perspective. Everything is just "the here and now". It's impossible to find old discussions. It's difficult as hell to keep things sorted chronologically. FB keeps hiding some of the replies as it micromanages what YOU should think is important and should want to read. The platform keeps getting in your way and forcing you to read some things and not others.

I don't understand why people keep using the damned thing. Or have we as a collective society deteriorated so far that nobody engages in long-term discussions anymore?

agree 100%

• Like 1

I'm not an old school member. I'm new. But I've been loving it since I joined. I wasn't interested in joining for years cause I hate social media. But this site, it's pretty cool. Maybe the older members you miss will come back? Maybe not.  Facebook is designed to act like a drug. It keeps people hooked through various things they do much like gambling. Very few people can resist or leave once they are in one of those network sites.

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I like that Facebook tracks me and advertises shit like then shit I've searched.
Tracking on social media seems minor compared to QR codes tracking every movement we make these days :) 

I've tried Facebook music groups, but you can't really have threads like here.
And you end up arguing about styoopid stuff more than you would here as well.

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I noticed the other day, theres almost no Americans left on HH,

Don't worry-I'm still here.

And KarpetRyd is representing the Canadiens

4 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I think it's a frame of mind thing, the only thing I feel different is it's not as intimate, you post a question and depending on who answers is, you can get a good conversation out of it, I think the fact that thees so many people on at one time, and it's so busy, I usually have to cycle through my conversations because I start more then one, then nobody answers, then I start more, then they all answer at once, I mean I chat with Wes and Chris and a few others, ive also met some good dudes on there, but it's just alot more fast paced, it's more surface type shit, I get annoyed by it, and it seems like there's a lot of pointless babble, I much prefer to come on here and chat, but when Im feeling a little bit like instigating, I head to Twitter, and I go straight into the Trump boards, and start talking shit on Trump, then over to the Biden board and talk shit, but I dont think it makes you old if you dont like it, especially if this is what your used to, Facebook was never like it is now when I joined in 08, I mean I dont know if I could just stop Facebook, i use it too much, but I do get really irritated by it, where I almost always stop by to see whats going on here, I dont always post on FB.

I used speak a member of Melodic Mafia quite bit. He , does same job that Dan's does. He ran the Yahoo site.

He warn me about a certain member who has used so many alias, we couldn't keep up.

9 hours ago, nyoilers said:

That's because no one posts stupid stuff on here

9 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Don't worry-I'm still here.

And KarpetRyd is representing the Canadiens

All of your posts are stupid and I don't think anybody is happy you are still here.

:rofl2:

10 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

All of your posts are stupid and I don't think anybody is happy you are still here.

:rofl2:

Where would AlphaMale be without his Lex Luthor?

• 2023 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, auslander said:

Where would AlphaMale be without his Lex Luthor?

I noticed that your favorite band is Queensryche (probably Geoff Tate era) and Empire your favorite CD.

Very Good !!

On 8/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, Doggy said:

I used speak a member of Melodic Mafia quite bit. He , does same job that Dan's does. He ran the Yahoo site.

He warn me about a certain member who has used so many alias, we couldn't keep up.

well who is it