1, 2 KO combinations - "Damn Yankees"

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

They delivered a 1, 2 KO, then retired undefeated. The stars aligned with this band, literally. 

I hate to use the very over used phrase, "Super Group", but these guys definitely qualify. 

"High Enough" was quite a decent hit down here at the time.

A great feelgood album. Is there such a thing as "Melodic Hard Country"? 

All members are still alive I believe. Imagine a third album reunion! 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
26 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I think Andrew had stated a third album was made but was total garbage. And it remains unreleased for that reason.

Yeah, I remember him saying that as well. Apparently it's sitting on a shelf somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

The first album is brilliant.  The second one starts off hot but drifts in the second half, IMO.  Still really good though. 

Yeah my thoughts also,second has its moments but the debut is just top class.

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

I favor their first album but like them both. I saw them in play in Tokyo and it was an awesome show. Uncle Ted fired an arrow into his guitar. I was amazed that he was able to get the bow and arrow though customs. They wouldn’t let him light the arrow up though. They keep talking about doing a third album but with a the different stuff they are doing, it’s hard for them to get together. Damn shame because this was one super group that had it going on.

• Like 1

Had these albums for an age and probably spun them a million times each, without ever really loving either. I loved 'High enough' and enjoyed how they covered it with different lyrics on the follow-up and called it 'Where you going now?' Two great songs, as is 'Silence is broken.' Apart from them, some of it was good ol' fashioned barnyard stompin' fun, but not really my jam if I'm being honest. I think 'Coming of age' flirted with my best of tapes, but far as I recall it was mostly just the aforementioned three that ever made the mix tapes.

• Like 1

The debut contains some v good songs like Runaway, Higher, Come Again, Tell me but there are a few fillers.

The follow up was v disappointing imo. Pretty average affair with no real keepers imo and the one decent song was a rip off of their own track as Geoff mentioned