XYZ - Hungry (1991) +1

Darkstone

• 2024 Gold Donors

One that we all know and love from that '91 sweet spot. The debut is killer also, but this one is very special to me.

Is this a "no skip album" IMO?

No!

This is a "get a screwdriver and remove the skip button in case you accidentally hit it" album.

One of the best ballads ever and OMFG, What an opener!!!

I've also posted the incredible demo of "Lonely Without You", which would have fitted nicely on this one.

Edited by Darkstone

I was hammering this all last week as part of rediscovering the 80/90s good stuff. 

Seriously awesome album. Production is spot on and Marc Diglio is king - killer player. Terry isn’t half bad either. 

It’s hard to pick a favourite from this but how good is Shake Down The Walls? ‘COS ITS THE RIGHT TIME TO ROCK’

Cool bonus track from the 1999 Axe Killer Reissue - 

• Like 1

Classic album,love both this and the debut,remember really wanting this and unable to find it...then my friend brought it back for me from Canada  :) the first actual cd I ever owned...before I had a cd player...took a while to come around..had everything on cassette & Vinyl until this and Slik Toxik-Doin The Nasty...my cd days were started.

And absolutely spot on about the opening track...that riff and rawness,almost a live feel to it..Brilliant...and the production and power...woah stand clear...its top notch.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

Great album, as well as the debut!

• Like 1

Yep, awesome album. 'Face down in the gutter' is one of the best openers ever. 'Don't say no' is one of the best second tracks ever too, lol. Love 'When I find love' too - such an immense ballad. 'Sun also rises is hell' is a monster song too. 

Favourite tune, however, is the yet-to-be-mentioned, tremendous 'When the Night Comes Down.' Pure bliss;

• Like 2