Casanova - Casanova (1991)

Aordave89

It was time to dust this one off again last week and what an incredible album it is. 
Everything from monster hard rock songs to beautiful ballads. Great vocals by Michael Voss and stellar riffs / solos by Stephen Neumeier. The 2010 Divebomb Records remaster is a must have also.

Follow up ‘One Night Stand’ from 1992 was solid, but it doesn’t top the debut for me. 

Killer from top to bottom - Anyone else a fan of this one?

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah, a Classic. 

"Back to the Wall" and "Don't Talk About Love" are killers.

Always been a fan of Michael Voss and his many projects. His stuff can be a bit hit or miss at times, but when he's good, he's very good.

• Like 2

Great release,the best from both Casanova & indeed Voss for me, I mean when you open up with "Don't Talk About Love" and "Burning Love" whats not to like, you know exactly what you're getting and it doesnt disappoint,solid release,love it.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 minutes ago, lettard said:

Great release,the best from both Casanova & indeed Voss for me, I mean when you open up with "Don't Talk About Love" and "Burning Love" whats not to like, you know exactly what you're getting and it doesnt disappoint,solid release,love it.

Of his many releases, I think "Demon Drive - Burn Rubber" is my favourite. 

3 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Of his many releases, I think "Demon Drive - Burn Rubber" is my favourite. 

Another top album, I also like the Mad Max - Night Of Passion release,bit heavier and not as classy/glossy as the aforementioned two  :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lettard said:

Another top album, I also like the Mad Max - Night Of Passion release,bit heavier and not as classy/glossy as the aforementioned two  :)

Agreed with both of you chaps, top albums. Especially Night Of Passion 

• Like 2

Yes, one of my favorites! "Love Lies" and "Sticky Sweet" are my go-to songs on this album.

And I can see why some people don't like Voss' voice but it's so distinct and powerful. I'm a fan for sure.

Edited by Eric3
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
36 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

Yes, one of my favorites! "Love Lies" and "Sticky Sweet" are my go-to songs on this album.

And I can see why some people don't like Voss' voice but it's so distinct and powerful. I'm a fan for sure.

His voice always reminded me of early "Bonfire" Claus Lessmann and that's cool with me.

9 hours ago, Eric3 said:

The one-two hit of Bang Bang and Sticky Sweet is amazing! 

Awesome album, love the song Burning Love, dont know why just do.

One of my first true loves. A true masterpiece of an album.  Not a song on this I don't absolutely love, with 'Love Lies' being my favourite of a magnificent bunch. 

To me, this is easily Voss' best release, closely followed by the follow-up Casanova album and 'Heroes.' The reason, you ask? Love or hate his voice, Voss sounds like he dropped every single ounce of passion for his craft into the first three Casanova albums. Mad Max were and are still pretty cool, but it sounds to me like these were the songs that really meant something to him. And the guitar work is sensational those first two albums too. 

Voss was a part of plenty of good albums after this, but to me a lot of them sounded like he was just phoning it in. Casanova never had that vibe for me, even if 'All beauty must die' was a slight letdown. Despite 'On My Love' being a classic Casanova song. 

Anyway, awesome disc. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Man, I got confused.
All the songs posted bar 1 didn't make my keepers.

Living A Lie is the standout by far for me
Hollywood Angels
Burning Love
Ride The Wings Of Freedom

Perhaps another listen is needed! Haha each to their own man :)