Main Site Comments

AlphaMale

• My Little Pony
50 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Hey Dan, is there any possible way to translate what foreign posters post on the main site? 

Google Chrome will translate if you select the text, right click, and hit translate. What browser do you use? Maybe there's an extension you can download. 

6 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Google Chrome will translate if you select the text, right click, and hit translate. What browser do you use? Maybe there's an extension you can download. 

I do that now. I was thinking a tool that could automatically translate on the main page. Probably not but thought I'd ask anyway.

Nope, not going there (again). Waaaaaay back when, there was an autotranslate thingie I had built in for Spanish comments, and all that did was encourage more non-English comments... which pissed off the majority-English-speaking site audience. As Sir FaceOfKarpet states, there are all sorts of browser extensions/plugins now that will translate, including settings to autotranslate if it detects certain languages present on the page.

This is something best left to the individual user rather than trying to build into the page IMO.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

I have to admit, the non English comments are very annoying, especially since it states that comments are to be made in English only.

Although, I guess the non English speaking members might not be able to read that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I have to admit, the non English comments are very annoying, especially since it states that comments are to be made in English only.

Although, I guess the non English speaking members might not be able to read that.

Glad I'm not the only one that annoys.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that in today's political climate I haven't been taken to task/canceled/deplatformed for committing the unpardonable sin of not embracing multicultural diversity to its fullest and making Spanish the primary language for the website entirely.

;)

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I'm surprised that in today's political climate I haven't been taken to task/canceled/deplatformed for committing the unpardonable sin of not embracing multicultural diversity to its fullest and making Spanish the primary language for the website entirely.

;)

Yeah, fuck you, Dan! Why is everything in English? Who even speaks that anymore?

;}

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Maybe they should only be allowed to comment in Spanish on all the awesome Spanish language hard rocks bands. I have literally... zero... in my collection.