Covid or Vax-Yes or no

nyoilers

1 minute ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I can't accept that. If we truly live in a democracy, we should be able to fight it. 

Good luck ;)

Also that timeline gives no period for the actual testing time in the phases. Only the number of test subjects.

from what I read the reason these vaccines were produced in record time was that they cut through all the red tape. And it didn't sit in queues on various desks for years on end.

Lets not forget about the short term and long term issues of actually catching covid....the bottom line is that each person needs to decide what is more important or safe....getting a vaccine that may cause issues down the road or taking the chance on catching the virus which has definite short and long term issues.... personally i will be getting the vaccine but like CureTheSane I am waiting for either Pfizer or Moderna as they seem to be the best options at the moment....the problem is that only the AstraZeneca is available right now where I live so I have been putting it off....of course if there is a major outbreak here I would go with the AstraZeneca....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Lets not forget about the short term and long term issues of actually catching covid....the bottom line is that each person needs to decide what is more important or safe....getting a vaccine that may cause issues down the road or taking the chance on catching the virus which has definite short and long term issues.... personally i will be getting the vaccine but like CureTheSane I am waiting for either Pfizer or Moderna as they seem to be the best options at the moment....the problem is that only the AstraZeneca is available right now where I live so I have been putting it off....of course if there is a major outbreak here I would go with the AstraZeneca....

not even sure if those 'issues' are even proven. the incident rates were lower than what you expect through natural causes in the population and less risk than getting a blood clot from sitting on a plane. You wouldn't think twice about doing that eh. 

Oh and guess what one of the symptoms of COVID are. Yep blood clots.

seems a pretty crazy reason for avoiding the vaccine really when the risk of blood clot is higher from catching COVID !

anyway this thread is boring me already. Wish id never opened it really. Back to the music 

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

So, no, it's not a good thing? Why just accept it because there are worse things in life? 

Sarcasm is worse than getting vaccinated :rofl2:

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Glen said:

by the way that was a general comment and not aimed at you. ;)

When I get to 17,000 posts maybe I'll get bored but until then I'm like poop on stink to anything posted !!!

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Yes and that was my initial starting post.Would you rather get vaccinated or get Covid-19.I stated that I'd rather get vaccinated.But another point that's missing is that I don't want to get anyone else sick.

On 4/22/2021 at 11:41 PM, heavyharmonies said:

Short-term testing, yes. But we know nothing about long-term side effects or interactions. You can't truly simulate that; you have to see what actually happens.

You can say the same thing for every fucking vaccination.
nobody knows any long term side effects, but they can make pretty good assessments due to how much they are in line with 'like' vaccines.

Stop eating junk food, nobody knows the long term side effects.
Stop using your mobile phone.
Cancel 5G
Etc
Etc

At some point everyone is taking a risk and not considering long term affects of something.
Given the virus and what it does to you, surely blind freddie can see that the extremely low risk VASTLY outweighs the consequences if you don't get it?

On 4/24/2021 at 5:39 PM, Glen said:

I bet all those poor bastards in India would currently let them jab anything in their arm right now.

100%
If you could be bothered looking back at early posts on this, one question I asked was why India had been so unaffected.
I've been there, and it just didn't make sense.
The huge amounts of people in close living spaces, the poverty, etc
Sadly they caught up and are pretty fucked right now.
I deal with people in Brazil and they are also doing it pretty tough. They tell me stories about graves being dug up to make room for more people.

Here in Australia, we were looking at manufacturing 50 million astrazeneca doses by the end of the year.
Now we have followed suit with some of Europe etc and have ceased giving the shots to anyone under 50.

So hopefully they still manufacture and we are able to export them to a country who would desperately take anything, like India.
Also saw the UK demonstrations on TV tonight. Looks like some people are pretty fed up with lack of freedom.
There is a serious possibility that unless this gets nailed fairly soon, there will be more of a worldwide decision to start living again and risk-it-for-the-biscuit and hope they avoid covid...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

100%
If you could be bothered looking back at early posts on this, one question I asked was why India had been so unaffected.
I deal with people in Brazil and they are also doing it pretty tough. They tell me stories about graves being dug up to make room for more people.

Here in Australia, we were looking at manufacturing 50 million astrazeneca doses by the end of the year.
Now we have followed suit with some of Europe etc and have ceased giving the shots to anyone under 50.

So hopefully they still manufacture and we are able to export them to a country who would desperately take anything, like India.
Also saw the UK demonstrations on TV tonight. Looks like some people are pretty fed up with lack of freedom.
There is a serious possibility that unless this gets nailed fairly soon, there will be more of a worldwide decision to start living again and risk-it-for-the-biscuit and hope they avoid covid...

may 17th everything reopens in UK.

June gigs commence. Although my first gig is beginning Oct. Vega :)

3 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

100%

So many reasons. 

The strict lockdown that was imposed last year slowed down Covid-19 pandemic in India giving the authorities time to ramp of requisite infrastructure but it forced people to be cooped up in their homes for long. 

Covid-19 protocol too came in along with the pandemic. Wearing a face mask, washing hands regularly and maintaining social-physical distance was advised and those who did not follow were penalised in some cases. Many people actually ended up spending about one year inside their homes, practically locked.

So, when cases started declining, people just broke out of the ‘shackles’. Gatherings began becoming large particularly January onwards. Rules were relaxed. Penalties were not enforced. Even in metro trains of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengalore, people could be seen travelling without wearing a face mask. The pattern was seen across the country allowing the virus to create a second and possibly stronger wave.

Another reason is state elections that's currently going on in many states. Prime Minister in his speeches emphasised keeping the vigil against the Covid-19 pandemic. But in these states, even his party leaders and workers did not care to follow the protocol in organising political rallies for elections. The queues outside polling booths and gatherings at the election rallies of all the parties defied Covid-19 protocol.

Increased testing is another reason why India is detecting more cases in the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. 

By the time, the second wave hit India, the availability of Covid-19 testing had improved tremendously compared to the first wave situation. Secondly, people were generally reluctant to undergo Covid-19 testing during the first wave of the pandemic. A lot of cases with mild symptoms never came up for testing.

3 hours ago, Glen said:

may 17th everything reopens in UK.

June gigs commence. Although my first gig is beginning Oct. Vega :)

With how many restrictions?

Here concerts opens on May 6th, you must wear a mask when not sitting down, and bars closes at 10pm.

You must also have a negative covid test not older than 72 hours, or completed a full vaccination, or if you've had covid, that will also get you in.

15 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Are any COVID vaccines available in India on a widespread basis? Does the caste system in certain regions affect eligibility to get vaccinated?

Yes as of today, we have two - Covaxin and Covishield. 

Covaxin, India's indigenously developed vaccine, has shown the efficacy of 78 per cent. On the other hand, The AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID-19 vaccine 'Covishield', has an effectiveness of 70 per cent. 

Thankfully, as far as I know the caste system has no role in this ongoing pandemic. The govt is urging all citizens to get vaccinated. Not sure though whether the country has enough raw materials to produce vaccines in that scale keeping the population in mind. 

4 hours ago, Kristian said:

With how many restrictions?

Here concerts opens on May 6th, you must wear a mask when not sitting down, and bars closes at 10pm.

You must also have a negative covid test not older than 72 hours, or completed a full vaccination, or if you've had covid, that will also get you in.

not sure tbh. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, Ponen said:

Yes as of today, we have two - Covaxin and Covishield. 

Covaxin, India's indigenously developed vaccine, has shown the efficacy of 78 per cent. On the other hand, The AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID-19 vaccine 'Covishield', has an effectiveness of 70 per cent. 

Thankfully, as far as I know the caste system has no role in this ongoing pandemic. The govt is urging all citizens to get vaccinated. Not sure though whether the country has enough raw materials to produce vaccines in that scale keeping the population in mind. 

I hope that anyone who wants to get vaccinated is able to

• Like 1