new WINGER album due in January 2021

AlphaMale

• 4 weeks later...

This one isn't doing much for me.  

Admittedly though, I've just been a very casual Winger fan at best.  I liked a lot of their earlier stuff and their big hits but the later stuff hasn't seemed to grab me very much for whatever reason.

For me, this song takes too long to get going, isn't that catchy and kind of just loses my attention being so drawn out. 

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Another really good song.

Will say though watching the video and I keep thinking its Broken Matt Hardy singing :lol:

matt.png

Delete Matt Hardy GIF by WWE

😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, lettard said:

Cd arrived today,only one spin through so far but its pretty good...just sounds like the Winger of recent times

Gotta wait til Tuesday apparently. Amazon just do not seem to be getting stocks from Frontiers on time. Nearly every Frontiers album I order from them arrives late.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 4:20 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Gotta wait til Tuesday apparently. Amazon just do not seem to be getting stocks from Frontiers on time. Nearly every Frontiers album I order from them arrives late.

I order my Frontiers stuff from Scott at Replay Records... cheaper and sometimes 2 weeks before release date.

3 hours ago, Jez said:

I order my Frontiers stuff from Scott at Replay Records... cheaper and sometimes 2 weeks before release date.

Same here, Replay are top class... I would only use Amazon if they offer next day delivery and its cheaper

6 hours ago, Jez said:

I just get the feeling there is an issue between Frontiers and Amazon as pretty much every release that I get late is on the Frontiers label. Both LA Guns and Metallica were released same day. I got Metallica on day of release, LA Guns 3 days late.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

I found the album a tad boring 😴 

2 or 3 really good tracks on it though 

Yeah it hasn't taken hold the way i'd wished to be honest.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

I found the album a tad boring 😴 

2 or 3 really good tracks on it though 

Agree.  Gave it a listen and it's mostly a pass for me.

It's not bad or anything.  I just haven't been into recent Winger albums.  For me, they just don't have the big, catchy melodies they had on their earlier stuff.

There's some great musicianship on it and Kip still sounds good.  But for me they need more melodies and backing vocals or something to jazz up the songs IMO.

Finally got to listen all the way through earlier, and I concur; several really good songs, but a lot I would classify as simply kinda dull. They seem to have gone in a more cerebral direction on this one, more akin to “ IV” than their previous two releases, and that just isn’t what most fans want. 

Hey,

I've not been keeping up with Winger but from what I heard from that video I might start, it's a great song.  They're a little darker now than what I remember but that's not always a bad thing.  Just my 2 cents...

Joe

https://joerobinson2.bandcamp.com/

On 5/7/2023 at 7:40 PM, Captain Howdy said:

I just get the feeling there is an issue between Frontiers and Amazon as pretty much every release that I get late is on the Frontiers label. Both LA Guns and Metallica were released same day. I got Metallica on day of release, LA Guns 3 days late.

Yep reinforces my opinion of the Amazon/Frontiers releases, out Friday, say I will recieve on Tuesday, dispatched Monday and checked Amazon now saying will be delivered on Tuesday as it's being dispatched from Germany.

Either Amazon really does not give a fuck about Frontiers or Frontiers really is that shit at supplying the biggest online retailer.

Looks like I will be going elsewhere for any Frontiers releases it seems. Only order from Amazon because I have prime so don't pay postage and sposed to get day of release delivery.

Even with Prime free delivery its usually more expensive than from Replay,the only thing Prime (is supposed to) offer is next day delivery...but I've found more often than not(for me anyway) that isn't the case as much now,although I did preorder the new Tygers Of Pan Tang cd from them...supposed to arrive this Thurs...came last Sat :) 

2 hours ago, lettard said:

Even with Prime free delivery its usually more expensive than from Replay,the only thing Prime (is supposed to) offer is next day delivery...but I've found more often than not(for me anyway) that isn't the case as much now,although I did preorder the new Tygers Of Pan Tang cd from them...supposed to arrive this Thurs...came last Sat :) 

Amazon preorder day of release is becoming a thing of the past it seems. The bigger they get the worse their service is.

Even next day delivery is not guaranteed anymore, and same day delivery has become rarer than rocking horse shit.

As I say, with Prime and it carrying pretty much everything, its just easy to go there. Although I moved away from them for computer games a few years ago, so I can see myself doing the same with CDs as well.

Just looked at Replay and with postage it would be costing me more. The Frontiers albums on there are £12.99 with £2.50 postage, which makes it £1.64 more expensive that the Amazon price.