Nitrate - Renegade

Stefan

119455626_3205871136171283_9717430038537

From facebook:

EXTRA EXTRA, say hello to Alexander Strandell who is the Voice of Nitrate for the next album "Renegade"!!!

Alex is a well known voice in the AOR scene, as a singer for Art Nation (and formerly of Diamond Dawn & Creye).
I expect this to be nothing more than pure Magic and wish Nick Hogg nothing but the best for this new outfit of the band.
(note: Philip Lindstrand is still in the band, and I’ve heard there’s heavy involvement from the VEGA Twins Tom and James).

• Like 1

This should be really good and the best one yet(fingers crossed).

14 hours ago, lettard said:

ok,so 3rd singer in 3 releases,strange but if it is as good as previous i'll be happy.

Agree...Pretty strange having 3 different singers.

Maybe they can pull in Joe Elliott for album #4 as I'd like to hear him singing on some good melodic rock tunes again :lol:

• 6 months later...

164915339_276576260721067_44180527541075

'Renegade' out August 27th.

From FB:

Hi there, Hope you’re having a good start to the weekend. It’s been quiet recently on the Nitrate page but lots of stuff is going on behind the scene as always. Sorting videos/singles/merchandise for the new album and demos for the next There will be a proper press release in the coming months but I have permission to announce that the album will be heading your way on the 27th AUGUST 2021, so please put aside a little pocket money and stay tuned for more infoHere is the amazing album artwork by Nello and a look at the 2 colour limited edition vinyl which will be available to preorder very soon.

Track listing

1. Dangerzone 3:36

2. Renegade 3:42

3. You Think You've Got It 4:31

4. Big City Lights 4:31

5. Why Can't You Feel My Love 5:24

6. Children Of The Lost Brigade 3:59

7. Addicted 3:41

8. Alibi 3:51

9. Lay Down Your Arms 4:27

10. Edge Of Surrender 4:46

11. Take Me Back 4:36

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

New Nitrate tune out.  

I'm personally just a little iffy on Strandell's vocals only because I hear a bit of an accent now and then.  Sometimes he works for me, sometimes he doesn't....it's really kind of weird.  Usually I either like a guys vocals or I don't....But I've seemed to float back and forth on him over the years for whatever reason.

Anyways, that said, I think this song works pretty well for me.  Great music/sound/vibe/production, well written lyrics and pretty cool throwback video.  This one will be hitting my playlist for sure.   

Edited by tts42572

I like that,sounds quite good,it'll be hard for them to better Open Wide though for me,but i'm really looking forward to this.

Bang average song - Very safe. Guess I must be hearing something different to you guys. 

Interesting comment above regarding well written lyrics.. I was thinking the exact opposite throughout the song. Not a fan of Alex’s vocals either.

I’ll still keep an eye on future singles, but that one didn’t grab me at all. 

5 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Bang average song - Very safe. Guess I must be hearing something different to you guys. 

Interesting comment above regarding well written lyrics.. I was thinking the exact opposite throughout the song. Not a fan of Alex’s vocals either.

I’ll still keep an eye on future singles, but that one didn’t grab me at all. 

agree

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, that 'Danger zone' chorus is limp as Cody's schlong when he sees an nude woman, but otherwise it's okay. But yeah, definitely misses the mark. 

'Big City Lights' is absolutely delicious. 

• 5 weeks later...

Got this today from the band, sounds really good, not amazing but really enjoyable, I do think though that I prefer the vocals from Open Wide though.

Favourite tunes so far are "You Think You've Got It" ,"Big City Lights" ,"Addicted" & "Edge Of Surrender" and there a few ballads like "Why Can't You Feel My Love" & "Lay Down Your Arms" just an enjoyable disc for my tastes.

• 1 year later...