Cats In Space - Atlantis

Stefan

Mine arrived today along with my Atlantis t-shirt...brilliant disc really enjoying it..it was the release this year that  I was most excited about and it hasn't let me down  :)

20 hours ago, lettard said:

Mine arrived today along with my Atlantis t-shirt...brilliant disc really enjoying it..it was the release this year that  I was most excited about and it hasn't let me down  :)

I think it gets better and better with subsequent listens. So much going on all over the place...it's probably their most rocking album too, which is no bad thing in my book . 'Dive/Spaceship Superstar' is a brilliant 7 minutes to open the album, 'Revolution' and 'Queen Of The Neverland' continue in a tougher vein, then there is the AOR'tastic 'Listen To The Radio' and the majestic pomp rock of 'Marionettes' and the lighter moments like 'Can't Wait For Tomorrow' and the fabulous title track to finish things off.  As has been mentioned, the weakest track is the single 'I Fell Out Of Love...' although it is in no way a bad song, but not quite up to the standard of what has gone before or follows.  Loads to get your teeth into and lots of nice surprises   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jez said:

I think it gets better and better with subsequent listens. So much going on all over the place...it's probably their most rocking album too, which is no bad thing in my book . 'Dive/Spaceship Superstar' is a brilliant 7 minutes to open the album, 'Revolution' and 'Queen Of The Neverland' continue in a tougher vein, then there is the AOR'tastic 'Listen To The Radio' and the majestic pomp rock of 'Marionettes' and the lighter moments like 'Can't Wait For Tomorrow' and the fabulous title track to finish things off.  As has been mentioned, the weakest track is the single 'I Fell Out Of Love...' although it is in no way a bad song, but not quite up to the standard of what has gone before or follows.  Loads to get your teeth into and lots of nice surprises   

I'm kinda new to them. I slagged them as a NFO sound-a-like. But for some odd reason, I tried out Too Many Gods. Had no idea how good it was gonna be. Holy shit. I have slowly been digesting their second album. Not quite as instant as the first, but I like it a lot.

I am stoked to hear this may be better than Too Many Gods!

3 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I'm kinda new to them. I slagged them as a NFO sound-a-like. But for some odd reason, I tried out Too Many Gods. Had no idea how good it was gonna be. Holy shit. I have slowly been digesting their second album. Not quite as instant as the first, but I like it a lot.

I am stoked to hear this may be better than Too Many Gods!

Scarecrow is their weakest for me, with only 8 keepers :)

Daytrip To Narnia is also amazing, pretty sure EVERY song on that was a keeperf or me, very rare feat.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Scarecrow is their weakest for me, with only 8 keepers :)

Daytrip To Narnia is also amazing, pretty sure EVERY song on that was a keeperf or me, very rare feat.

Daytrip is next in line. Skipping the live and xmas album for now.

Live is just a live album.
Xmas was good, but not great, the main song is good and will be played soon.

There is some challenging stuff on Narnia for some
Tragic Alter Ego
Thunder In The Night
One Small Step
Destination Unknown

Of all the songs She Talks Too MUch took me the longest to get into.
Unicorn is an instant killer
Not sure of the inspiration behind Silver And Gold but I always think of Kiss when I hear it
Hologram Man is also a cool song lyrically.

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Live is just a live album.
Xmas was good, but not great, the main song is good and will be played soon.

There is some challenging stuff on Narnia for some
Tragic Alter Ego
Thunder In The Night
One Small Step
Destination Unknown

Of all the songs She Talks Too MUch took me the longest to get into.
Unicorn is an instant killer
Not sure of the inspiration behind Silver And Gold but I always think of Kiss when I hear it
Hologram Man is also a cool song lyrically.

thunder in the Night is great

Every release has a handful of great tracks. Atlantis seems to have more than a handful. Love the crunchiness of the guitars and the to the point tunes. I think this might be their best all around release. 

Spotify is messed with this release a handful of tracks are cut in half...not full length. The disc is 50 minutes yet only 35 minutes of music on Spotify. I hope they fix that asap

33 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

Spotify is messed with this release a handful of tracks are cut in half...not full length. The disc is 50 minutes yet only 35 minutes of music on Spotify. I hope they fix that asap

oh yeah. how weird!! my disc is due to arrive Tues I think so will probably wait til then. 

I hate threads like this.
My expectations for this are so high they will certainly drop when I hear it.
Then afetr more listens it will surge I;m sure, but there is no way it can come close to what i am expecting lol

5 hours ago, Glen said:

I've never seen that before on Spotify - says full album available soon. it's not clear if they've held in back or there's been an error uploading it 

It’s been fixed now...every fantastic second is now there. 

34 minutes ago, lettard said:

Great album, my favs at the minute are Spaceship Superstar , Listen To The Radio & Queen Of The Neverland , but the whole thing is just class, love it  :)

seasons change is also v good 

• Like 1