New Member Group: In Memoriam... Those No Longer With Us

I probably should have done this when the first of our members passed away, but Tim's passing reminded me that I should do this.

I've created a special user group for board members who have passed away. I've also added a "Member List" page at the top.

I'm only aware of 3 members that have passed, although it's quite possible I've forgotten some:

Tim

staryder1

Bubbasmama

I'm deliberately excluding Lanny Holdaway as he ripped off many people here and was banned from the forum.

Here is a link to the group:

https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[22]=1

And the group icon:

memorial2.jpg

If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Dan

• Like 7

You know something Dan, I've never really been a member of a serious forum I contributed to for any length of time outside this one, oh and G-Offs rock hard linx forum, but I can't imagine the board runners and owners have even a slight of the care and sincerity you do for the members of your forum, I just got to say, I know I'm not your favorite member, or even your 2nd to the last favorite, but the way you moderate this thing, and the fact u some how recruited G-Off to be a contributor, makes HH one of its kind, and you proving my point, by making this new thread, tells alot bro, your a good dude(no homo) I hope the others here notice this and get what I'm saying here. Does anyone belong to any other forums? Are they as tight nit as HH?

Edited by Leykis101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I appreciate the sentiment, thanks for that. It's a comparatively small group of regulars here any more, as interest in this particular hobby wanes over time, but for the most part it's good folks.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

You know something Dan, I've never really been a member of a serious forum I contributed to for any length of time outside this one, oh and G-Offs rock hard linx forum, but I can't imagine the board runners and owners have even a slight of the care and sincerity you do for the members of your forum, I just got to say, I know I'm not your favorite member, or even your 2nd to the last favorite, but the way you moderate this thing, and the fact u some how recruited G-Off to be a contributor, makes HH one of its kind, and you proving my point, by making this new thread, tells alot bro, your a good dude(no homo) I hope the others here notice this and get what I'm saying here. Does anyone belong to any other forums? Are they as tight nit as HH?

Well said mate and I wholeheartedly agree. This is the first and only forum I've been a member of and I can honestly say that I've never had a bad experience here. BTW, very nice touch with the new thread Dan. 

4 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

(no homo) 

hahahaha

Your post reminded me of Negan, and that kind of sucks because if anyone should be Negan it should be me, because he is awesome.

Tor me, thie really is the only forum left.
The earlier ones I were in all died, some developed into new ones, which then died.
Evenyually i ended up at SleazeRoxx forum, and then they killed that. in fact one of more people are weird there now that skid is gone. I disagreed with a SR facebook post and someone got way too butt hurt compared to the comment I made.

So this is my music home now.
Really I am here to know about the new realeases and new music coming my way so i don't miss it.
But it does lean a fair way to AOR for me, but beggars can't be choosers and hopefully I am able to pretty much ignore most AOR stuff rather than post negatively about it.
every now and they you'll see me post 'syrupy synth' as a quick way to describe how I feel about it, but on the whole I try to respect that we all don't like that same stuff.

As for the RIP thread, hopefully the corona virus doesn't devestate this place.

Edited by CureTheSane

• 2023 Gold Donors

Just wanted to add that even though I've never been a member of other forums, I'm still well aware of them all and the knowledge, information, respect and dare I say comradery of this group is a special thing. It's a great sanctuary. Having the best "our music" database on the main site isn't too shabby either. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Thanks 1

what happened to Bubbasmama?

This is the only forum I bother with as most of the others have too many idiots... the only place to find new music IMO... although I agree with CureTheSane that it leans farther into AOR than I care for but that is okay as I try to stay open minded about music...hopefully everyone here will remain safe and healthy....

• Like 1

Dan,

One other HH member who has passed is Kelly Schacher aka frogstomp 

Mike

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

Dan,

One other HH member who has passed is Kelly Schacher aka frogstomp 

Mike

Thank you, Mike. I knew there was another and I even got as far as remembering their user name started with an F. But I couldn't track down who I was thinking of. 

Rest in peace, all mentioned in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

I was on sleazeroxx and also Waspnation but both took a turn for the worse.I did enjoy going to a few WASP shows and meeting people from WASP nation.I hope that they are all doing well and if anyone from here was or still is on that site let me know !

Edited by nyoilers
misspelling

Very touching what you wrote Dan,.

Even great that you going start a new group, not many other music forums would go out their way to do similar.

Cheers to all.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...