House Of Lords - New World - New Eyes

Stefan

From facebook

Jimi Bell says ... 
The new HOUSE OF LORDS CD, “NEW WORLD NEW EYES“ is complete. It marks the 8th release on Frontiers Records since Bj and I joined the band in 2005. The art work for the CD Cover is absolutely incredible. I’ll keep you posted on all upcoming news.

Edited by Stefan

57 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

Love HOL and JC, but his weakened voice and new singing style is a total put off for me...I've struggled with the last 2-3 releases for that reason.

Me too. Not a good sign.

Their debut, Demons Down and World Upside Down are some of my all time faves.  The last couple albums were a bit of a step down for me.  And I'd agree James' vocals aren't what we've come to expect, but if the songs are there I'm still on board

10 hours ago, Crazysam said:

Their debut, Demons Down and World Upside Down are some of my all time faves.  The last couple albums were a bit of a step down for me.  And I'd agree James' vocals aren't what we've come to expect, but if the songs are there I'm still on board

Yes

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 1:51 PM, Crazysam said:

Their debut, Demons Down and World Upside Down are some of my all time faves.

add Sahara to that list for me  :)

On 2/16/2020 at 7:36 AM, lettard said:

add Sahara to that list for me  :)

Sahara is what got me into the band in the first place.  Walked into a Musicland at the mall and they were playing Sahara.  Asked the girl behind the counter who/what it was.  She gets all excited, telling me how the drummer (I think) was her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend or brother or something.  Bought the disc and been a fan ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

87539118_2826465504076149_52070343189117

From Frontiers:

House of Lords will release their new album, "New World - New Eyes" on May 8, 2020! 

“New World - New Eyes” is House Of Lords’ 10th studio album, following the well received release “Saint of the Lost Souls”. Recorded and produced by the band’s singer and mastermind, James Christian, this collection of songs has an incredible flow of up-tempo and mid-tempo rockers mixed with power ballads, which lean a bit more toward keyboards this time around, but without compromising the band's trademark sound, which is based around Jimi Bell’s guitar work.

“New World - New Eyes” is already one of the year’s most anticipated melodic rock releases and will not disappoint fans of the band or genre. James Christian's well crafted and smooth vocals bring the band's craft to new heights. Guitarist Jimi Bell is on fire and the melodic riffs throughout the album will leave you breathless. Chris Tristram on bass is more solid than ever and BJ Zampa brings a solid and powerful rhythm foundation to House of Lords.

This time, the band has cooperated with none other than Mark Spiro (Giant, Bad English, Cheap Trick, etc.) on the songwriting of most of the songs. More collaboration came via Tommy Denander, Chris Pelcer, and Richard Hymas.

House of Lords debuted in 1989 with the release of their self-titled album, a record which is still regarded as one of the best arena rock releases of the '80s. The colossal sound, the soaring vocals of James Christian, and instrumental capabilities of the band (which featured ex-Angel and Giuffria keyboardist, Gregg Giuffria, along with luminaries Lanny Cordola, Chuck Wright, and Ken Mary), were reminiscent of such frontrunners as Whitesnake, Deep Purple, and Van Halen and immediately brought the band to the attention of the mainstream music media and the masses of ‘80s hard rock fans.

With their sophomore release, “Sahara”, House of Lords had considerable radio and video chart success with their cover of Blind Faith’s “Can't Find My Way Home”. After a tour with Nelson in 1991, the group disbanded, eventually coming back together with a new lineup (featuring original members Giuffria and Christian) in 1992 with "Demon's Down". With the change in musical climate at the time, House of Lords went into hibernation until the original lineup came back together in 2000, releasing the controversial “Power and the Myth”, an album which featured a sound leaning more towards progressive hard rock with ‘70s rock influences. After a short European tour, singer James Christian decided to go back to the trademark arena rock sound of House Of Lords, putting together a new line-up with the blessing of founding member Gregg Giuffria, who opted out right before the release of “Power and the Myth”. New members Jimi Bell on guitars and B.J. Zampa on drums supplied a true powerhouse sound to the fifth studio album, “World Upside Down”, a record which caused a real stir in the hard rock and melodic rock scenes. That album was followed up by the equally impressive “Come to My Kingdom” in 2008, "Cartesian Dreams" in 2009, "Big Money" in 2011, “Precious Metal” in 2014, and “Saint of the Lost Souls” in 2017.

The band has toured relentlessly in Europe and the States in support of their releases and have now become a true staple of the hard rock scene on both continents. House Of Lords is known for superb hooks, majestic atmospheres, monumental guitar riffs, and a production to die for. All these ingredients you will find in abundance on “New World - New Eyes”!

Tracklist:
1. New World New Eyes
2. Change (What's It Gonna Take)
3. One More
4. Perfectly (You And I)
5. The Both Of Us
6. Chemical Rush
7. We're All That We Got
8. Better Off Broken
9. $5 Buck Of Gasoline
10. The Chase
11. The Summit

Something about the production seems off.

That being said, I'm higher on this band than most of you seem to be, and I like the song (although the bridge is a little weak). Still eagerly awaiting the album.

IIRC the first couple singles from their last album weren't among the strongest, either.

Edited by Eric3
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That's a better track.not amazing but better...but still sounds empty if you know what I mean...just sounds like this track should be more solid in sound with a big thumping beat(maybe its just my speakers?)...sadly it doesn't...for me anyway...have a soft spot for HOL so ill most likely still buy it though.

3 hours ago, lettard said:

That's a better track.not amazing but better...but still sounds empty if you know what I mean...just sounds like this track should be more solid in sound with a big thumping beat(maybe its just my speakers?)...sadly it doesn't...for me anyway...have a soft spot for HOL so ill most likely still buy it though.

Agreed. The arrangement is great but the production is missing something. Weak snare drum maybe?