What web browser do you use?

AlphaMale

I am having issues with all of them. Ugh

I used Mozilla Firefox for years. Loved it so much more than Internet Explorer. But somewhere down the line, it seemed to be slow as fuck. So I switched over to Google Chrome. Chrome was awesome speed-wise but wasn't as good at customization. 

Now it seems like pages aren't displaying correctly on either one. Things that display fine on Chrome won't display on Firefox or vie versa. Some things won't load on either. And yes, I've cleared cache and uninstalled and re-installed. Nothing helps.

I just downloaded Opera. Not sure if I like it yet or not.

What do you guys use?

Chrome for the most part, but also Firefox and Pale Moon (Firefox variant). Firefox has too many performance issues, and memory leaks out the wazoo that can bring your system to its knees if you are a multitasker that tends to have many windows/tabs open at the same time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Chrome for the most part, but also Firefox and Pale Moon (Firefox variant). Firefox has too many performance issues, and memory leaks out the wazoo that can bring your system to its knees if you are a multitasker that tends to have many windows/tabs open at the same time.

That would be me.

Like here..... on HH if I post a link through Firefox, it doesn't embed. On Chrome, it embeds most of the time but can be stubborn once in awhile.

Opera posted the link fine for the first attempt.

Thanks for your replies!

Edited by AlphaMale

Started using Maxthon back in 2011 and never looked back...

https://www.maxthon.com/

Have been predominantly a Firefox user for god knows how many years now.

Every now and again though I move away from it due to it having issues with things stopping working or just freezing my system.

I did actually move to MS Edge for a while when it first launched and quite liked it, but due to MS essentially discontinuing support for it, I have been  using the new Dev version of Edge which incorporates Chrome into it.

For some reason never really got on with Chrome. Tried it a few years ago, lived with it for a few months but never really thought it to be anything special as it lacked a lot of features I was used to in Firefox, but this new version of Edge works as a good back up at least.

I do find though that using crap cleaner from time to time does help Firefox a lot.

• 2023 Gold Donors
58 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Chrome for me.

I use multiple devices so if I'm logged into my google account all passwords, links, favorites etc are carried between devices.

Same.

Chrome for me too and have no real issue with it. 

I can't remember the reason, but when I rarely open up my PC that has Firefox and it, along with the computer, is always painfully sluggish. Probably not Firefox's fault, though. ;)

I have been using FIREFOX while on Windows XP and switched to Windows 10 about 14 months ago....continue to use FIREFOX.

Russ, I suspect your issue with browsers is actually related to your computer and not the browser.   When I was on Windows XP I began having issues of slowing page loading with all the browsers I was using.   Back on Windows XP,  the operating system was not designed to implement HTML5 and relied on flash player for video......Now, on Windows 10, I have a SSD as my main drive and pages load lightning fast.  

One of the biggest problems with technology is keeping pace with development.    Older operating systems do not always incorporate the necessary technology to keep pace.   Another problem is basic housekeeping on your operating system.   Cleaning up temp files, defragging, cleaning out your browser's cache and history including cookies......

Finally, some computers just need more RAM.  If you don't have sufficient RAM, the operating system relies on the page file which is a lot slower and slows down performance.   Just as grandpa can't run the marathon at the same speed as a teenager....so goes with computers.

Edited by Delbert