THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA - 'Satellite' (OFFICIAL TEASER)

22 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

I think Dokken - Back For The Attack is one of the most boring and overrated releases ever but you don’t see me continuously going to a thread about it and slamming it non stop. 

Stop it now! Now you're just being foolish! LOL

I wish Lillian Axe would reunite and release another Love + War type disc. Sadly, that will never ever happen.

13 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Stop it now! Now you're just being foolish! LOL

I wish Lillian Axe would reunite and release another Love + War type disc. Sadly, that will never ever happen.

Now we agree!

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Last time I checked, you weren't ruler of the board. It's a free country and I can post in any thread I feel like posting in. Got it? Good.

but the ruler of the board agrees with me. Got it? Good.

We all know you hate this band. There is no reason for you to post under every new song how crap it is. 

Just move on mate.

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

but the ruler of the board agrees with me. Got it? Good.

We all know you hate this band. There is no reason for you to post under every new song how crap it is. 

Just move on mate.

Let it go mate

On 1/3/2020 at 8:56 PM, AlphaMale said:

Yes it is.... pretty terrible.

Geoff??

it's cos of this mate.

Actively looking for other people to support the fact you don't like.

it's just weird.

And in respect for Geoff, we know he detests this band but he doesn't continually slag them off in this thread. 

1 minute ago, Glen said:

it's cos of this mate.

Actively looking for other people to support the fact you don't like.

it's just weird.

And in respect for Geoff, we know he detests this band but he doesn't continually slag them off in this thread. 

Good on him. Dare to be different.

1 minute ago, AlphaMale said:

In all seriousness, I apologize for slagging them in this thread. Over and out.

To each their own and all that good stuff.

Peace out!

everyone is entitled to slag a band....it's what forums are about.

but once is enough. 

• Thanks 1

In all honesty I don't really care if someone likes or indeed dislikes a band,to each their own and if I like it then I like it for me in the same way that someone dislikes it as its not their thing ,I don't think there are really too many bands on here that we all agree on..but that's how it is and indeed how I like it...if we al agreed it would be fucking boring 

I love these guys,they offer something different to me from the norm that I usually listen to and are so good at it,to me they just ooze class :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Other than Skyline Whispers which is easily the band’s weakest release....I keep saying these guys get better and better. Aeromantic is the best flowing release....each songs blends perfectly into the next one....it’s almost a shame to listen to the tracks in shuffle mode. Song after song I smiled and shook my head in delight in the early hours after the album was released. 

H.E.A.T II was my album of the year for a week 😂

29 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

Other than Skyline Whispers which is easily the band’s weakest release....I keep saying these guys get better and better. Aeromantic is the best flowing release....each songs blends perfectly into the next one....it’s almost a shame to listen to the tracks in shuffle mode. Song after song I smiled and shook my head in delight in the early hours after the album was released. 

H.E.A.T II was my album of the year for a week 😂

Amazing how they have released 3 albums in 3 years. This stands a massive chance of being my album of the year yet again! that will be 3 years on the trot which would be unprecedented. 

Brilliant..absolutely brilliant,this is simply stunning to my ears,it arrived today along with my belated H.E.A.T II cd and the new one from Confess,have to say Confess hasn't had a spin yet but zacharyamelie had H.E.A.T at number one for a week...it lasted about an hour as mine as this is going to be hard to better for me,it just ebbs & flows pure class.

Maybe my end of year may be different as H.E.A.T is definatley more my musical style and dare I say tastes...but my tastes are expanding over the years and NFO,Cats In Space & LeBrock all hold a place in my heart now as quality operators   :)

Edited by lettard

1 hour ago, lettard said:

Brilliant..absolutely brilliant,this is simply stunning to my ears,it arrived today along with my belated H.E.A.T II cd and the new one from Confess,have to say Confess hasn't had a spin yet but zacharyamelie had H.E.A.T at number one for a week...it lasted about an hour as mine as this is going to be hard to better for me,it just ebbs & flows pure class.

Maybe my end of year may be different as H.E.A.T is definatley more my musical style and dare I say tastes...but my tastes are expanding over the years and NFO,Cats In Space & LeBrock all hold a place in my heart now as quality operators   :)

Lebrock is the dark horse imo.

Those first 3 tracks are all amazing imo. I love the band.

also if Vega get the production right!

2020 is looking amazing though.....very much looking forward to spinning these great albums throughout the year :)

For the ones praising this  I am  really happy for you guys, there isn't a much better feeling than getting an album and loving it. But this band just isn't for me. Are they bad/horrible, of course not, they are good at what they do but what they do is not for me. Enjoy guys!

• My Little Pony

I might be a little underwhelmed with this one. Or maybe I just need to give it a few more listens. I will say, though, my dad commented halfway through the album, "I was wondering how they were gonna top the last album. But so far it's pretty good!"

There are some brilliant parts but also there are some parts I don't like and I'm not used to that by NFO. 

1. Servants: Sounds like their last album opener but I can't remember any melodies, chorus totally destroys it for me.

2. Divinyls: I don't like the synths being so close to the vocal melody, otherwise it's fine.

3. If tonight is our only chance: Great intro and verses but I can't stand the chorus. There's no flow... I don't like the drums imitating the "if tonight is our only chance" sentence.

4. This boy's last summer: Great song, only the main riff is almost the same as in "paralyzed" on their last album.

5. Curves: My favourite yet, a little like Domino but not a copy, good chorus.

6. Transmissions: This song has magic, even though I don't like the high frequency synths in the chorus.

7. Aeromantic: Starts great but the chorus is too modern for the rest of the song and it breaks the flow somehow.

8. Golden Swansdown: Could be a perfect song for me but the chord sequence when the second half of the chorus starts ("covered") feels wrong.

9. Taurus: The songs that are written by Forslund are usually my favourites. I like it too but I can't understand why the end this song that early.

10. Carmencita Seven: Again it's the chorus that destroys it for me. I just don't get pleased by that. I don't feel like driving on a highway in the night and sing along, it's too progressive for me.

11. Sister Mercurial: Trademark NFO drum beat, maybe a little too much, it doesn't work in the calm verses. Chorus is cool, overall one of my favourites.

12. Dead of Winter: Written by Forslund, I am bought. I like this track. It's the first NFO album closer I like.

8/12 songs are good, 4/12 are really not my cup of tea. So I think the album is good but not as great as the last two albums.