THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA - 'Satellite' (OFFICIAL TEASER)

It's not horrible but I have a hard time trying to listen to it. Given this and Cats In Space multiple tries. Just doesn't do a thing for me.

Glad you are enjoying them though.

Can't wait for the new Gotthard!!

• My Little Pony
20 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Really? I've not even given them a try, save listening to a few singles, with the new guy. 

I miss Steve Lee so much, I legit get a little emotional sometimes when listening to Gotthard. Which is weird, 'cause it's not like I ever knew him. But it feels like a betrayal if I was to enjoy their music without him. 

And now I'm gonna spend the rest of the day listening to Gotthard!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

It's not horrible but I have a hard time trying to listen to it. Given this and Cats In Space multiple tries. Just doesn't do a thing for me.

Glad you are enjoying them though.

RIP that band died with him imo. 

I saw them live with Steve and live without. One an awesome gig, one I walked out and went for food 

7 minutes ago, Glen said:

RIP that band died with him imo. 

I saw them live with Steve and live without. One an awesome gig, one I walked out and went for food 

Nic was that bad as front-man huh? That's a shame. 

I don't think the band has released anything close to as good as the Steve Lee years but I still hold out hope that they can release a solid album again.

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Really? I've not even given them a try, save listening to a few singles, with the new guy. 

I miss Steve Lee so much, I legit get a little emotional sometimes when listening to Gotthard. Which is weird, 'cause it's not like I ever knew him. But it feels like a betrayal if I was to enjoy their music without him. 

And now I'm gonna spend the rest of the day listening to Gotthard!

Yeah, I feel the same way! I was a total late bloomer when it comes to them. I never paid much attention to them back in the 90's. I heard Lipservice and my life changed forever. That album blew me away completely. Of course, went through their whole catalog after that. I seem to like their later albums more than the early stuff. 

When Steve died, I was devastated. I thought their best years were yet to come!

27 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Nic was that bad as front-man huh? That's a shame. 

I don't think the band has released anything close to as good as the Steve Lee years but I still hold out hope that they can release a solid album again.

the problem is he is obviously not as good - either as singer or frontman - but neither are their songs. The albums have been weak aside from a song or 2

41 minutes ago, Glen said:

the problem is he is obviously not as good - either as singer or frontman - but neither are their songs. The albums have been weak aside from a song or 2

Obviously, Steve Lee was an amazing songwriter. And contributed way more than just vocals to the band. Where are those harmony vocals? They seem to have lost their melodic side. The few that are melodic, like Miss Me are good but just doesn't reach the level of great.

OIf this is being likened to Cats In Space, then I'll defs give it a fair go.

As for Gotthard, I really like their newer stuff, a lot.
I personally think a lot of it comes close to Steve's stuff.
just my opinion and I know I'm in the minority, if not all alone....:(

On 1/4/2020 at 7:56 AM, AlphaMale said:

Yes it is.... pretty terrible.

Geoff??

The bat signal? ;)

Sorry mate, I do share your dislike for their music and yeah, I guess I don't personally get it. I do try to keep abreast of what they do because I'm nosey, but it's all too similar and samey to me, personally. And in a style I don't initially like, so I don't pursue it any more than just a quick one off listen to a song here and there. 

But honestly mate, I wouldn't worry about it. To each their own and these guys obviously have a big fan base so good luck to them. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

OIf this is being likened to Cats In Space, then I'll defs give it a fair go.

As for Gotthard, I really like their newer stuff, a lot.
I personally think a lot of it comes close to Steve's stuff.
just my opinion and I know I'm in the minority, if not all alone....:(

I loved Bang! Very strong album but several fillers hurt it.

8 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I loved Bang! Very strong album but several fillers hurt it.

if I recall Bang had about 2 great songs and a whole bunch of filler 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Glen said:

if I recall Bang had about 2 great songs and a whole bunch of filler 

I've disliked everything post Steve Lee quite evenly, I believe. 

The set list is fantastic but they could do 3 or 4 different set lists and I would love them all. 

I don’t want to take a Night Flight from London to Paris....the set list would only be 5-6 songs....I want a Night Flight from New York to Sydney where the set list would be 50-60 songs. 

2 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

The set list is fantastic but they could do 3 or 4 different set lists and I would love them all. 

I don’t want to take a Night Flight from London to Paris....the set list would only be 5-6 songs....I want a Night Flight from New York to Sydney where the set list would be 50-60 songs. 

yep they could play for 4 hours without a filler in sight. 

So many great songs. They only played one track off the debut!

I would have been disappointed that "Domino" and "Barcelona" were left off. 

Both are fantastic songs....Barcelona was THE track from the last release. 

• My Little Pony
1 minute ago, zacharyamelie said:

Both are fantastic songs....Barcelona was THE second best track from the last release. 

Yeah, I agree. 

So what was the best track?

The closer? It’s good but too darn long and a bit all over the place 

Edited by zacharyamelie

7 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

the best track? what live??

I would have been disappointed that "Domino" and "Barcelona" were left off. 

can't play everything. They are touring the new album so only right they played more new songs.

I was disappointed they didn't play Aeromantics and Dead of Winter !!

But you can't moan at 17 tracks and all albums covered (just ;) )

• My Little Pony
27 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

I mean, obviously we're gonna disagree, but, if it's any consolation, I love "Barcelona" so much that I often think it's my favourite track from the album. Until I get to "The Last of the Independent Romantics" and then I'm like, "Oh, yeah, no, this is my favourite!"

• My Little Pony
23 minutes ago, Glen said:

can't play everything. They are touring the new album so only right they played more new songs.

I was disappointed they didn't play Aeromantics and Dead of Winter !!

But you can't moan at 17 tracks and all albums covered (just ;) )

For real. It's crazy to think how many killer albums they've given us in such a short amount of time. They could literally play anything and it would be a good show. 

On 2/29/2020 at 8:49 PM, zacharyamelie said:

I’ve never read such a positive review that is all criticism. That type of review takes the fun out of listening to music. 

I listened to the album everyday since and it definitely grows. The reason I was so negative was that Aeromantic wasn't as easy listening as Sometimes the world ain't enough, which was our soundtrack of our sommer holiday. This one is more complicated, more progressive and more melancholic which makes it less fitting for vacation and I was a little sad about it. Though I think some choruses on the album are a bit of a let down, because they are sometimes breaking the flow of the songs.

Anyway, This boy's last summer, Curves and Golden Swansdown are 10/10 for me and there are a lot close songs.